Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson-FSU recruiting battles: Can the Tigers bridge the gap? Part 2
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson-FSU recruiting battles: Can the Tigers bridge the gap? Part 2

Oct 25, 2013, 9:49 AM

Clemson-FSU recruiting battles: Can the Tigers bridge the gap? Part 2

In the second part of two part series, TigerNet takes a look at how Clemson's recruiting for the 2014 cycle stands up against its biggest division rival, the Florida St. Seminoles. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson-FSU recruiting battles: Can the Tigers bridge the gap? Part 2

Oct 25, 2013, 10:02 AM

From everything I've heard, Wideman is wanting to stay closer to home, and he is flirting with going to Columbia instead.

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson-FSU recruiting battles: Can the Tigers bridge the gap? Part 2

Oct 25, 2013, 10:10 PM

We don't recruit top linemen, and therefore get consistently beat in the trenches----where games are really won. Next year we won't have the handful of top skill players who have bailed us out over the last couple of years----with the embarassing exceptions of a couple of blowouts, and 4 straight losses to Carolina. I'm afraid we'll lose again to them, and I'd hate to have to bet on our chances against Ga. Tech. Dabo's a nice guy.......

We have had excellent recruiting classes in recent years

Oct 25, 2013, 10:31 AM

but here's the difference between us and FSU, as I see it. Robert Nkimdeche, Carl Lawson, Montravius Adams, Vernon Hargreaves, Kendall Fuller, Marquez North, etc. . . these guys were our first choices and we missed. I know the guys we wound up with are still outstanding in most cases, maybe even better in some, but we are still missing on a lot of the really big names. I fully understand that nobody gets all of their top targets, but I think the difference in us and FSU at this point is the fact that they hit on a higher percentage of those guys, and I think we saw that on the field.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: We have had excellent recruiting classes in recent years

Oct 25, 2013, 11:06 AM

Surely they are more talented as far as their stars shine. But on the field, I feel we did have a very bad game. If those same turn overs would have been our, we win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I figure FSU is 14-21 points better than us on sheer

Oct 25, 2013, 11:30 AM

talent. The rest of that was our own undoing. Reverse the turnover situation, and we could have been in the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I figure FSU is 14-21 points better than us on sheer

Oct 25, 2013, 10:15 PM

No way. We had numerous chances, and our OL could do nothing. They beat us in every aspect of the game. Badly.

Re: I figure FSU is 14-21 points better than us on sheer

Oct 25, 2013, 10:17 PM

In fact, they could have really run up the score on us,
but chose not to. Spurrier won't be nearly so kind.

Re: We have had excellent recruiting classes in recent years

Oct 25, 2013, 10:13 PM [ in reply to We have had excellent recruiting classes in recent years ]

No, they guys we got weren't better, not even equal.
Reality.

Clem vs FSU

Oct 25, 2013, 11:13 AM

3 Postion Groups I noticed a diffrence in between us and them and that was OL DL and DBs those three positions they dominated us in, we have to recruit those positions better

And coach them better when they get on campus***

Oct 25, 2013, 12:20 PM

Re: And coach them better when they get on campus***

Oct 25, 2013, 10:33 PM

Our strength program and player development is mediocre at best. This has been a problem for years. Is Zac Brooks really a "power runner" at 185??? And we have a wide receiver playing tight end at 205 lbs. They had a real tight end who weighs 248, and knocked one our top DBs head over heels. Turnovers had nothing to do with it. FSU had numerous potentially damaging penalties, and we could do absolutely nothing with the good field position we got. Our OL can't block anyone! We got stomped. Dabo's statement was unbelievable, and revealed his continued denial and inability to really assess relative player and team strength.

Re: Clem vs FSU

Oct 25, 2013, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Clem vs FSU ]

Right.

LB position I think is advantage CU going foward

Oct 25, 2013, 12:46 PM

Boulware is a future stud and along with what still have on roster. Register is a 3/4 star recruit along with joseph and rogers. Let's not forget a top 120 recruit O'daniels redshirting. IMO adv clemson

Re: LB position I think is advantage CU going foward

Oct 25, 2013, 11:00 PM

I'm not sure about that....FSU has recruited LB's extremely well the last couple of years:

5*- Thomas
5*- Daub (2014)
4*- Levenberry
4*- Eligwe
4*- Lyons
4*- Pugh (2014)
4*- Purifoy (2014)
4*- Stevenson
3*- Northrup
3*- Hoskins

We've got to get better in the secondary

Oct 25, 2013, 1:02 PM

on defense. The difference in talent at CB and safety was noticeable to people who do not know much about this game. I also agree with a poster above that they're hitting on more of the " bigger name" guys. We missed on a lot on the DL in the last couple of years and that hurts. However, our first concern should be OL. We have time change our strategy on the way we recruit there.

Re: We've got to get better in the secondary

Oct 25, 2013, 10:36 PM

I agree. Good post.

Is someone holding the bong for you while you type, or

Oct 25, 2013, 9:58 PM

you know more than ESPN recruiting analysts, who have FSU at #2 and Clemson #13. I appreciate that we are all homers for the tigers, but lets be real. Florida is a sick recruiting ground, and with other Florida schools a little down, FSU and now Miami are picking up the slack.

Re: Is someone holding the bong for you while you type, or

Oct 25, 2013, 10:39 PM

Yeah. They are still kicking our butts in recruiting. Doesn't bode well for the future.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic