Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables: No way to sugarcoat FSU loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Venables: No way to sugarcoat FSU loss

Oct 22, 2013, 4:58 PM

Venables: No way to sugarcoat FSU loss

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables said Tuesday that there was no way to sugarcoat last Saturday's loss to FSU, but that he has seen solid leadership from his veterans as the Tigers prepare to travel to Maryland this weekend. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We weren't precise or violent enough..." says it all

Oct 22, 2013, 6:23 PM

for me. I look forward to what he or Dabo has to say between now and the end of the week about our pass protection. It was especially bad Saturday and now Breeland is out for a half. And with MD's QB back in, don't you think they found a weakness they want to pick at constantly??

Exactly, he's a breath of fresh air sometimes.

Oct 22, 2013, 6:34 PM

No sugercoating. No majoring in the minors. No flowery words. We need more violence. Gotta love that.

That was my first thought too***

Oct 22, 2013, 11:03 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

can't say the defense has too much to blame

Oct 22, 2013, 7:02 PM

The offense left the defense out to hang and die! The defense should have held FSU to about 24 points, but seeing that the offense was gonna booger up the whole day, from the VERY FIRST SNAP, you couldn't expect much more from the defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

At 17-7, defense got two straight stops and gave ball....

Oct 22, 2013, 8:33 PM

back to the O at or near midfield. Resulted in nothing. Two FG's would have at least made it 17-13 and kept us in it, at least for a while longer. That was the end IMO.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At 17-7, defense got two straight stops and gave ball....

Oct 23, 2013, 9:07 AM

Boyd having his worst day ever did not allow us any possibility against a great team like FSU. This past week really was an epic fail for the offense, especially, but the defense had its share of lapses, too. Plenty of responsibility blame to go around from top to bottom. I just want it fixed and focus to return.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At 17-7, defense got two straight stops and gave ball....

Oct 24, 2013, 1:38 PM

It's hard for Boyd or any quarterback to perform when they have little or no blocking. Our OL remains subpar. How do you fix that?

You are exactly right.***

Oct 23, 2013, 9:14 AM [ in reply to At 17-7, defense got two straight stops and gave ball.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You either beat a guy or you don't." That sums up FSU loss***

Oct 22, 2013, 7:58 PM

Re: "You either beat a guy or you don't." That sums up FSU loss***

Oct 23, 2013, 9:08 AM

It really is just that simple, and it's especially true on the lines, and we didn't on Sat.

Defense wasn't great but OFFENSE really hosed us!

Oct 22, 2013, 8:00 PM

:( High powered my ####.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed....couldn't sustain drives and turned the ball over

Oct 22, 2013, 9:02 PM

several times which either put the D in a hole or put easy points on the board for FSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: agreed....couldn't sustain drives and turned the ball over

Oct 23, 2013, 9:11 AM

The turnovers were more the key, IMO. FSU converted them to points, and it is hard to overcome lost offensive opportunities against a quality opponent. Of course, we missed most of our offensive opportunities, as well. That spells disaster.

Re: Front Page Story: Venables: No way to sugarcoat FSU loss

Oct 22, 2013, 9:13 PM

Frankly,I would hope he wouldn't try to sugarcoat,or make excuses for the debacle Saturday night.
The only thing I can say,and just my opinion is this was a total team collapse,starting with the HC,and working downward.

Oct 22, 2013, 9:18 PM

bet i could scroll back to saturday about 7 oclock or so and 98% of you goobers would have your asscheeks firmly planted on the dabo bandwagon. i could almost guarantee it. we played a terrible game. most people with a set would get behind the players and coaches instead of starting rumors and acting like 12 year old kids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 9:21 PM

Not if a person was never really enamored with him in the first place, beyond the obligatory approval of his coordinator hires of course.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Venables: No way to sugarcoat FSU loss ]

I still have mine firmly planted on the "Dabo Bandwagon". I just want the wheel put back on so we can continue with the finish of a good season.

I have a hard time blaming the D too much in this one

Oct 22, 2013, 11:02 PM

Our O put them in a really bad spot. They made some stops and a turnover and our O did nothing in return except put them back on the field again. Even if we had just kicked some field goals to keep us in it the game could have turned out differently. Once the crowd gave up the D started to wear down.

I don't think the D played any worse than the Georgia game.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:14 AM

If you subtract the 28 points the offense gave FSU, you could even say they played better.

Re: I don't think the D played any worse than the Georgia game.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:31 AM

We didn't play a lot worse. We got our butts beat, but take away the turnovers and put points on the board and give our D a little more rest and add the fans back into the game and we could have come out with the win. Is FSU a better team? Not really, they just happened to make some breaks and we kind of didn't get anything going and got out of the game pretty quickly. Put points on the board and you would be all smiles today. A fine line between winning and losing in todays games!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are a better team. They have a strong defense that

Oct 23, 2013, 9:37 AM

had the ability to shut down our offense. They have a fundamentally sound offense that had the ability to run on our defense at will. They are a better team.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic