Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you are now pulling for FSU... PLEASE READ!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 124
| visibility 1

If you are now pulling for FSU... PLEASE READ!!!

Oct 22, 2013, 1:37 PM

I hate reading people who say they want FSU to win the National Championship!!! This irks the crap out of me! Why should we pull for FSU? FSU is our RIVAL folks!!! They are in our conference and worst of all they are in our division of the conference! Saying you want them to win out and win the NC is like saying you don't want Clemson to make the ACC Championship and you don't want us to be able to go into Florida and recruit elite players who grew up watching FSU/Florida/Miami football. Hello if you are a 15-18 year old high school athlete getting recruited by us or the defending National Champs who are you more likely to sign with!?!?!

ESPN and the SEC has made this stupid we should pull for our conference bull$h!t notion and IT HAS GOT TO STOP!!!!

What you should do is PULL FOR CLEMSON and what's best for CLEMSON if in fact you're a CLEMSON fan!!! And FSU winning a NC does nothing but hurt Clemson worse than Saturday did! Who cares what the rest of the ACC does, you should focus and pull for what Clemson does. This definitely has merit next season once the playoff starts. Boise St played in an awful conference and blew all their competition out of the water, had a 4 team playoff been in place back then do you think they would have been left out of the playoff? I doubt it!

My point is this, so what if the ACC is weak, if we handle our business weekend and week out and run the table NO WAY Clemson is left out of the 4 team playoff! So please STOP pulling for your rivals and competition to do better and get stronger, it only hurts Clemson more than it helps! Besides do y'all really want to look like the Coots who can only hang their hat on what their conference has done!?!? SEC fans who act like they are a good team because they have a couple good teams in their conference is like acting like you're good at football because you have a few cousins who play college football and 1 or 2 who made it to the NFL.

Now with that said, do I think FSU will drop 2 games so we can get back in the ACC Championship? No, I don't think they will. I do believe they are a good enough team to run the table and possibly make it to the NC but I sure as heck DON'T HOPE it happens!!! I hope someone else is able to do what we couldn't do and pops their bubble and they implode from there and the rest of their season goes in the waste basket, so we can go to the ACC Championship and so it looks like they have issues too when recruits think about where they want to play college football!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen***

Oct 22, 2013, 1:48 PM

Disagree

Oct 22, 2013, 1:49 PM

If FSU gets smashed, the perception of the ACC is that we are indeed weak. Clemson, then, will be regarded as a mediocre team in a weak conference. IF FSU wins, then the ACC is regarded as a solid conference. This will allow our Tiger staff to go into the homes of recruits and ask, "Why not Clemson?" FSU will ALWAYS get the top recruits. Clemson needs the perception of the ACC as a top conference to help get some of the top recruits. Now when it comes to the Gamecocks, they can lose every game. lol.

Re: Disagree

Oct 22, 2013, 2:28 PM

I see your point but how long has it been since the nation has had the "perception" of the ACC as being a strong conference? And how did recruiting go for us then? It went pretty good! We have always recruited well no matter what the "perception" of our conference is because Clemson is special! It's an fantastic place to go to college with an awesome fan base and special traditions. Where do you think the "perception" of "pulling a Clemson" has come from? It has come from us having "talent" "good recruits" but always losing to "inferior talented" teams when would shouldn't! We don't "handle our business" which brings me back to my original point. If we "handle our business" and have a season when we win out regardless if the "perception" of the conference is weak or not we will make the 4 team playoff and have a chance to play for the NC!

Oct 22, 2013, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Disagree ]

Oh yeah and by winning and "handling our business" and not relying on other teams to do the things we want to do will open the doors you speak of!

I Disagree

Oct 22, 2013, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Disagree ]

Why should the ACC be considered weak when they beat each other? As long as you take care of business out of conference, that is all that matters. I also want FSU to lose 2 ACC games and smash Florida. Then who's weak? The ACC or the SEC? I say go NC State and go Miami, and most of all GO TIGERS!!!

Re: I Disagree

Oct 22, 2013, 2:49 PM

I'm totally fine with this scenario too! All I'm saying is people who think that FSU winning out is going to do us more good than harm don't understand what goes on behind the scenes. All they do is watch ESPN and form their opinions on what they are told to think. FSU winning a NC will only make things harder for us in the future just like beating FSU and us going on to win an NC would have made things easier for us in the future! Why do you think Bama keeps winning championships people?

Oct 23, 2013, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Disagree ]

The only way you are going to be the best is to beat the best. What happened to Ga after they won the NC. We beat them and then won the NC. What happened to Au after they won the NC. We beat them. What will happen to FSU after they win the NC. We beat them. So, why not let them win it. They will always have the edge in recruiting for certain athletes. Other athletes we have the advantage. That is the way it goes. Keep winning solves a lot of issues. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2013, 8:52 AM

Man Tigersnake you're right. I just plugged your 1980 who will win the NC based off of who beats the previous years Champ and we can now rest easy and stop following this years season since ultimately it'll be Texas A&M who wins this years title since they beat Bama last season. Man you ruined it for me. I bet you told your kids Santa wasn't real when they were 5 years old didn't you?

Look people are making crazy assumptions because of what I say that we shouldn't just pull for our rivals after they beat us. I don't wish FSU to lose every single ball game every single year. Yes I want them to relevant and I want to beat them but just because they beat you doesn't automatically mean you should start pulling for that team. Have you pulled for USC the past 4 years in their bowl games just because they beat us?

You're right they are in the middle of a hot bed recruiting state so they will have the edge on recruiting but you don't want them to gain even more ground on us which they WILL if they win the NC! Sometimes in football when good teams play each other it comes down to matchups that can be the deciding factor of who wins the game. What if Cj Spiller had gone to FSU instead of Clemson don't you think the 2009 FSU vs Clemson game would have had a different outcome? Heck take last years USC vs Clemson game and put Clowney in a Clemson uniform who wins that ballgame? Dabo even said it himself. So go ahead and pull for FSU to win the NC and get even more of an edge on us in recruiting if you want but I'll stick to my guns and pull for the team I love the most and not a conference and definitely not a rival team!!!

Oct 24, 2013, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Disagree ]

You are right on! bigb1368 is just mad they pulled a Clemson. The stronger any team is in the ACC is better for everyone.

Oct 24, 2013, 3:24 PM

Crads we didn't "pull a Clemson" pulling a Clemson would have been us beating FSU and then losing to Maryland this Saturday.

"Pulling a Clemson" is losing to a team you shouldn't lose to. We flat out got our a$$es handed to us but we lost to a great team not Duke or Wake Forest.

Re:Way off base here

Oct 22, 2013, 1:49 PM

I'd rather be recruiting against an FSU NC, in a stronger ACC, than against the whole SEC ridiculing the ACC. Rising tide.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 2:36 PM

Did you read the part where I said you shouldn't want your competition to get better and stronger? My original comments are about the "Clemson Fans" who are now pulling for FSU but it applies to all teams in the ACC and SEC because we compete against SEC for recruits too! I am in no way what so ever pulling for Alabama or the SEC to win another Championship!

Still off base

Oct 22, 2013, 4:24 PM

We got exposed Saturday. If it had been close, okay, I'd pull for FSU to lose two more, and us get in the ACCCG. But at this point I'm hedging my bets. I'll pull for both CU and FSU to win out. The ACC needs a strong showing more than Clemson needs a BCS game, and given this past Saturday's performance, the potential to lay down again against Oregon.

I'd rather lose to FSU more than to Scar, and have the FSU game have NC implications every year. Scar has some recruting leverage on us right now strictly via conference affiliation. Its time our conference affiliation was also a positive factor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still off base

Oct 22, 2013, 7:11 PM

I will never argue that it doesn't help other SEC schools in recruiting because of their conference success. However, for your school to do what Bama has done it's all about winning. Pull for Clemson to put it together and win out and what happens to the other teams in our conference happens. FSU winning a title this year will not automatically change the nations perception about the SEC it will not automatically make recruits think hey maybe I should go to Clemson because FSU won a title. No us winning out will be what helps us with recruiting not FSU winning 1 title this season. So does that mean you want them to become the next Bama if it means we can start pulling it better recruiting classes but then play second fiddle to them? I don't understand you peoples thought process on this whole root for your conference BS. That is a crazy notion created ESPN and by middle of the pack SEC teams who can't win them their selves. Some how they get to hang their hat on the success of a few elite teams that happen to be in their conference. Pull for FSU to win the NC if you want to but you heard it first hear if they win 1 it will only hurt us and not help us to win one of our own. Dabo has got recruits and players thinking we can do it and heck up until Saturday fans too. Pull for Clemson to win out and keep winning season after season and for our program to get stronger and stronger and let the ACC piggyback off our success!!! NOT FSU's!!!!

Oct 23, 2013, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re:Way off base here ]

I think that you missed the whole point. We have recruited very well in Fla. when the sec were at their best. Recruiting against a NC FSU will make it much harder for us recruiting against FSU. The sec are going to get theirs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2013, 10:19 PM

Finally someone understands! Thank you allorangeallthetime52. Do people know where CJ Spiller, Sammy Watkins and tons of other talented players came to Clemson from? We have recruited well in FL, GA, SC and NC because we recruit well because Clemson is such an awesome place to go to college and play football. But it will only be harder to recruit players out of Florida if FSU can walk in their house and flash a big national championship ring in the face of a young teenager who is trying to make up his mind where he wants to play college football! So why in the world would you be pulling for them to win the National Championship? It just blows mind that some people allow ESPN to brainwash them into thinking we need to pull for our rivals to win Championships because they are in our conference.

You're right. A Gamecock N.C. is just what this state needs***

Oct 22, 2013, 1:52 PM

THAT ain't happ'nin'.***

Oct 22, 2013, 1:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THAT ain't happ'nin'.***

Oct 23, 2013, 12:24 AM

You're right! That ain't happening and neither is me pulling for them or any of Clemson's rivals or SEC schools to win this years NC!

Re: You're right. A Gamecock N.C. is just what this state needs***

Oct 22, 2013, 2:45 PM [ in reply to You're right. A Gamecock N.C. is just what this state needs*** ]

Again you are putting words in my mouth that I never said! I never once said I want a SEC school to win another NC and I would especially not want USuCk to win one!!! Take FSU out of my original comments and plug in any of our rivals or teams we compete against for recruits.

Po-ta-to, Po-taah-to; to-ma-to, to-maah-to, whatcha gonna do***

Oct 22, 2013, 1:54 PM

Re: Po-ta-to, Po-taah-to; to-ma-to, to-maah-to, whatcha gonna do***

Oct 23, 2013, 12:26 AM

I've tried my best to respond to everyone response but sir I'm really not sure what to say to yours? You sir have stomped me! LOL

Re: If you are now pulling for FSU... PLEASE READ!!!

Oct 22, 2013, 1:54 PM

I didn't know we had a problem with recruiting ? Y'all sound like a bunch of coot

Oct 22, 2013, 3:15 PM

LOL. I love how everyone on this site is so quick to call someone else a coot just because they don't like what someone says or has a different opinion! I'm only a passionate fan and pulling for only 1 team. Everyone is entitled to their opinion(s). I'm simply putting mine out there for everyone to read and respond. But again you are putting words in my mouth. I never said we have any problems recruiting. Recruiting is good but it could be harder or worse if FSU wins a NC. Recruiting and winning go hand in hand. Why do you think Alabama is on top year after year? Elite players want to go compete for Championships! So they will go to schools who compete for them which is why we shouldn't want to pull for FSU to be in one, who should pull for us making it next year!

Oct 22, 2013, 1:56 PM

Lighten up Francis!

Oct 22, 2013, 3:21 PM

Didn't know I was tightened up... just passionate!

This is stupid. Look at the success the SEC has in

recruiting simply because Alabama is in the conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: This is stupid. Look at the success the SEC has in

Oct 22, 2013, 3:42 PM

This is stupid look at how good winning Championship after Championship did for the Big East Conference when Miami was on a roll... oh wait that conference is no longer with us!

Nope. No matter how you spin it, FSU winning a NT is better for us than an SEC team winning it.

Oct 22, 2013, 3:45 PM

Once again please show me where I said in my original comments that I want a SEC team to win the NC and I'll show you a liar!

Oct 22, 2013, 4:26 PM

Replace "SEC team" with "any other team" and you get the same effect.

Clemson needs FSU to win out to make a BCS Bowl game. That's not even mentioning what it could do for the conference.

That's about all there is to it. I don't need you to show me a liar - I need you to not be so obtuse.

Oct 23, 2013, 12:52 AM

Really? "Replace "SEC team" with "any other team" and you get the same effect." Really!?!? Okay I'll do you a favor and keep it in the conference. Let's hypothetically type in a team, how about Syracuse. Let's say they actually had a good team and had beat us and had a shot at the NC do you think I would be so concerned about them winning a NC? No!!! I wouldn't because of proximity. The only player in recent years I've heard of us recruiting for against Syracuse is Ebenezer Ogundeko. So no it wouldn't concern me as much if you plugged in a school that doesn't often recruit in our backyard and one that we aren't in their backyard fighting for the talent out of their state!

Clemson doesn't "need FSU to win out to make a BCS bowl game." What Clemson needed to do was win this past Saturday but since that didn't happen Clemson needs to worry about Clemson and win the rest of Clemson's games. And Clemson also "needs" FSU to drop 2 conference games. And by the way if they don't which I doubt they do but last time I checked the year we won the ACC, 2 teams from the ACC made BCS bowl games that year! So who's to say as long as we handle our business and win out that we couldn't be picked as an at large BCS team? And even if we don't make a BCS game why is the season some kind of loss if we play in a top tier non-BCS bowl game and win it?

Message removed by Author

Oct 22, 2013, 2:01 PM

Message removed by Author

Re: I read what you said and still hope FSU wins the NC...

Oct 22, 2013, 3:57 PM

I doubt it happens either but I sure will be "pulling" for it!

It may surprise you to learn that who "pulls for" team

Oct 22, 2013, 2:06 PM

Actually has no bearing on what actually happens to that team in a game. So, how about just pull for whomever you want?

This 10000 percent.... people make such a big deal about

Oct 22, 2013, 2:18 PM

which teams they pull for outside of Clemson.. but ultimately rooting for a team on TV has no effect whatsoever on what happens. So who cares?

GO TIGERS

Re: This 10000 percent.... people make such a big deal about

Oct 22, 2013, 4:11 PM

If this is the way you think then why pull for ANY SPORTS team(s)? Make sure not to watch on TV and pull for Clemson this Saturday since ultimately it has no bearings on the outcome of the game okay! However, my IPTAY donation and season tickets I pay for does help support Clemson and fund student athletes so I'm going to watch and pull for my team. Thanks.

Lol, I'm gonna pull for my Tigers on Saturday obviously

Oct 22, 2013, 8:38 PM

and when I sit in Death Valley and cheer with 80,000 other people, that obviously can have an effect on the game.

But why does it matter so much if other Tiger fans pull for FSU? Most of them would want the ACC to win because they believe it's good for Clemson. You aren't going to stop them all and FSU is still going to either win out or trip up regardless of who we pull for.

GO TIGERS

Re: Lol, I'm gonna pull for my Tigers on Saturday obviously

Oct 23, 2013, 1:16 AM

My point is Darkhuntingtiger that it ISN'T good for Clemson for FSU to win it all. People want you to believe that's true but it's not. It will only hurt us when recruiting players out of Florida. If you were a top recruit in Florida and Clemson is knocking on your door and so is the defending National Champs FSU who are you more likely to open your door for? A team that just won a NC or a team that is just talking about wanting and trying to win one!?!? Come on think about it!?!? FSU winning a NC only puts us that more behind the 8 ball, it doesn't help us. It's only helping people who are looking for justification as to why we lost so badly on Saturday! Perception isn't always reality and people think that by FSU winning this years NC it will some how change ESPN's and the nations perception about the ACC and will change how people feel about the SEC but it won't! People will only think that FSU is the only good team in the ACC, they won't give us a pass just because FSU won a NC. They will still think of us a being Clemson and "pulling a Clemson" and "Clemsoning" until we go out there and prove them other wise! Which takes time but only our team Clemson can change the perception of the nation not FSU!!!

Re: It may surprise you to learn that who "pulls for" team

Oct 22, 2013, 3:59 PM [ in reply to It may surprise you to learn that who "pulls for" team ]

That's shocking to me! Thanks for the insight genius and there I was rubbing some guys bald head and tapping my feet because hey it's only weird if it doesn't work right!?!?! LOL

Not true if you also

Oct 22, 2013, 5:39 PM [ in reply to It may surprise you to learn that who "pulls for" team ]

give millions of $$$ to the athletic budget of the team you "pull for"

Signed,

Phil Knight
Nike

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Not true if you also

Oct 22, 2013, 7:16 PM

Last time I checked they at least played for one recently and could play for one again this year! You think them playing for one a few years ago helped them stay relevant over the years or was it other teams in their conference that has had them in contention to play for a NC year after year? And you think the money he has donated doesn't help them? You are foolish sir!

I believe that's exactly what I was saying (that his money

Oct 22, 2013, 9:56 PM

makes a difference in their on-field results). Need to work on your reading comprehension. Oh, and stop calling me foolish.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I believe that's exactly what I was saying (that his money

Oct 23, 2013, 1:27 AM

My apologizes Cutigerbob I did read your first comments wrong. I thought you were saying Oregon was not benefiting from the millions he pumps into his school. So yes I retract calling you foolish and only meant you were foolish if that's what you thought. Anyone who thinks Oregon doesn't benefit from his money is foolish though, very foolish!

Re: It may surprise you to learn that who "pulls for" team

Oct 23, 2013, 1:00 AM [ in reply to It may surprise you to learn that who "pulls for" team ]

You're right this does surprise me! And here I was ready to come rub your bald head and tap my feet and change the direction of the label on my bottled beer because I thought it was going to alter the outcome of the games I watch.

You're absolutely right you should pull for whomever you want to but if you're a Clemson fan you shouldn't be pulling for a rival team that you compete against on and off the field just because that team beat you. Do you think the Yankees and Yankee fans are pulling for Boston to win the World Series!?!?

strongly disagree........

Oct 22, 2013, 2:08 PM

in theory yes i see your point, HOWEVER.........

you've got to also take a REALISTIC look at what we're dealing with

1. FSU is NOT losing 2 more ACC games, could they drop one, yes, but not 2 so for clemson we need them to WIN OUT (ie beat miami twice) and clemson needs to win out and go to a BCS at large.........that's what's BEST and realistic for clemson right now.

2. you say it only hurts clemson for FSU to win.......it's not like FSU losing helped clemson. OUR BEST recruiting classes in the last 20+ years came in 2008 (we ranked #12) and 2011 (we ranked #8).......in our BEST years recruiting FSU was 2008:#9 and 2011:#2........so win or lose FSU isn't going ANYWHERE

there's more reasons to pull for them to win out but i don't feel like going into them..........bottomline is how would it look if FSU lost 2 to the remainder of their schedule (take a look.......it's not murderers row) for clemson to have gotten blown outta the water earlier AT HOME

Re: strongly disagree........

Oct 22, 2013, 5:14 PM

I'm very much a realist. I understand FSU is a great team and plenty capable of winning out but I still don't see the point in pulling for a rival that you compete against on the field and off the field for recruits. I understand people's point about media and national perception, that if FSU wins it all we can somehow justify last Saturday's debacle by saying hey we lost to the Champs. But what if FSU does happen to drop 1 or 2 more games and we go on to win the rest of the season and we can look at a recruit and say hey we played a bad game that night, everything that could have gone wrong went wrong and we own the fact that we got whipped but hey we are a good enough program to not let that get us down and we raised up after that and had a real gut check and responded by winning the rest of our games. (Now obviously whether or not we win out or not is to be determined I'm speaking hypothetical here). But I think it would be easier and better if we go into a recruits home and say yes we got beat that night and we got beat bad but look at what we did after that. Now how about you come help be the missing piece of the puzzle that helps this program make sure we don't lose that game and we go on to play for a NC?

Think about it this way. When Jimbo Fisher and his staff goes into the home of a 4 or 5 star recruit that we have a shot at getting too and says hey want to come play football at FSU the defending National and ACC Champs and shows them their rings. Or would you rather him be doing basically what we will have to do and try and explain their woes and why he should come to them.

Now don't get me wrong there are TONS of other factors that goes into why a recruit ultimately decides to sign with a school. And there are MANY other factors that goes into winning National Championships but why do you think Nick Saban and Alabama stay on top year after year? It's because they have outstanding coaching from the top to bottom, they have 4 and 5 stars grey-shirting and all they do is reload year after year. And why is that? Because they get the recruits to come to them because of their history of winning NC's and because they are on top for now.

So my point is Clemson needs to get back to doing what's best for Clemson and winning ballgames and trying to win the rest of them. That's what's best for Clemson. Not pulling for FSU to win it all and us try and piggyback their success. Yes it would have been great to have beat FSU and hopefully gone on to win out but obviously we aren't there yet and we aren't ready for the big stage moment but us winning and being able to recruit for the future is what will finally get us a 2nd NC title not FSU winning another one!

I would much rather FSU win it, than Ala

Oct 22, 2013, 2:11 PM

Oregon, OhSt, etc...

Re: I would much rather FSU win it, than Ala

Oct 22, 2013, 5:16 PM

I don't want Bama to win it either but Oregon or OSU winning wouldn't effect us as much as FSU or Bama winning one.

Calm Down Sport...you will hurt yourself...***

Oct 22, 2013, 2:29 PM

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Calm Down Sport...you will hurt yourself...***

Oct 22, 2013, 5:25 PM

I like typing with caps and exclamation marks but I'm really not yelling or getting upset at all. I'm actually very mellow and calm thank you very little. LOL

I think your extreme distaste in this previous game has

Oct 22, 2013, 2:37 PM

clouded your judgement. You're clearly angry with FSU because of the loss, and the way we lost, but you're not looking at the bigger picture.

Where did we lose a lot of our guys who who were either committed to us or were leaning toward us? That's right, the SEC. In probability, I would say there is a strong correlation between the number of highly touted recruits going to the SEC and the bias/love fest that conference receives due to their success.

A playoff system doesn't erase perceptions of strength of schedule. I bet you can pretty much count on two SEC teams being in the playoff annually, and THAT must change...

Re: I think your extreme distaste in this previous game has

Oct 22, 2013, 5:57 PM

We've lost players to SEC and ACC teams alike, that has everything to do with proximity of where we are recruiting from. We are in SEC and ACC territory. So if Oregon wins it all this year are you going to tell me we are losing players to the Pac 10? Think about what you say.

Yes I agree with you that with how much ESPN pumps up the SEC and how the SEC has gone on a rampage of National titles it does help them recruit but ultimately winning cures everything in football. If we handle our business and win win win then the recruits will come and so will titles. I don't think you are the one looking at the bigger picture brah. I don't give a crap about the SEC teams or other ACC teams. I pull for CLEMSON and CLEMSON ONLY and not a conference! So what I'm saying is I'm not going to sit here and pull for FSU to do good and win a title, that doesn't mean I'm pulling for an SEC team to win it either because I'm not! What I am going to do is hope and pull for my rivals to not do well because by them having success that will only make them better not us, same way only us having our own success will make us better. Bama and sprinkle in a few other SEC schools have won titles. Has their success brought a title to Columbia for USC? No it hasn't and never will! The only reason USC pulls for Bama and other SEC teams to win it all is because they can't do it!

The fact that we are in SEC territory is irrelevant.

Oct 22, 2013, 6:26 PM

Does that stop FSU? That doesn't change the fact that when it comes head to head, guys that were committed to us, or leaning towards us, or had us in the final two CHOSE the SEC school. Montravius, Nkemdiche, Robinson, Cook, Daniel, Walker, Lawson...just to name a few. All of which could have been great additions to this team and could have made immediate impacts. Many of them are playing now as freshman. Your Oregon analogy makes no sense...we rarely go head to head with them for any one recruit so why would I say we're losing players to them? Think about what you say...

Your forgetting something extremely important when it comes to winning. You have to have the players. Simply saying we need to "win, win, win" doesn't change anything. Look at the discrepancy between player ratings on FSU's defense and Clemson's. That's why they are winning. Start winning the recruiting battles, we start winning these tougher games...

Re: The fact that we are in SEC territory is irrelevant.

Oct 23, 2013, 1:47 AM

I 100% agree with you about the recruiting. Top recruiting classes and wins go hand in hand! My point of this whole topic is that if we as Clemson fans pull for FSU to win the NC then you are also pulling for us to not recruit against them well either. I think you and I are on the same page there is just some stuff being lost in translation. I do believe in the importance of recruiting which is why if FSU wins a NC it will only make it harder for us to recruit against them in arguably the best recruiting state in the nation. You ask if being in SEC territory stops FSU from recruiting well and the answer is no because their backyard is full of talent. Even some of the Florida teams that no one thinks about like UCF pulls in good talent and that's because of location! If you are a recruit in Florida and you have Clemson and the defending National Champions FSU knocking at your door, who are you more likely to open the door for and listen the most to what they have to say? But if you have a 1 loss Clemson knocking on the door and an FSU team that after beating us looked like they could of won a NC but didn't go on to win it then maybe you open they door to both teams and perhaps you listen to what both have to say. It's not always the case but I'm just saying it'll do us more harm than good in the recruiting field if FSU wins the NC!

Disagree

Oct 22, 2013, 2:37 PM

there is a huge difference in hoping FSU will win the NC today vs hoping it last Tuesday. Face it, we are most likely out of the NC and ACC race (not likely FSU will lose 2 ACC games). Therefore, FSU winning out is the best case scenario for us...because that would mean they beat Miami in the ACCCG, thus Miami falls below us in the BCS, thus allowing us to take the ACC Champs bid to the Orange Bowl.

Not to mention, I'll take 11-1 with our only loss to the National Champion and sleep well.

Oct 22, 2013, 6:14 PM

"Face it, we are most likely out of the NC and ACC race"

Really man? Here I was thinking we still had a legit shot at the NC still! Come on man I have faced it and I do believe we don't have a shot at making the ACC Championship game much less the NC but that doesn't mean I'm going to start pulling for my rival too. After we lost to USC last year did you pull for USC to beat Michigan? How about when they beat us and went on to the SEC championship. I guess all of you were pulling for them to beat Auburn too huh?

Face it people. Sometimes we lose and sometimes we lose big! But that doesn't mean you should automatically start pulling for the team that beat you to win Championships!

Miami isn't that great of a team either but what if they upset FSU. And what if NCST upset FSU AGAIN. It could happen. Boom 2 losses for FSU puts us back in it and lets say VT beats Miami. And then we beat Miami or VT in the ACC Championship. Okay I only give about a 5% chance of those things happening but that doesn't mean I can't hope for it and I sure as heck won't pull for FSU to beat the ACC teams that they play the rest of the season.

This is profoundly incorrect. ELO formula, in theory, states

Oct 22, 2013, 2:38 PM

that the best scenario is for your opponent to win all but one game.

Oct 22, 2013, 2:40 PM

Agree fully. We do not need to see a repeat of the 90s which is possible if they get on a run. They are the team most likely to give us difficulty in competing for conference championships. Anything that helps them, hurts us in that regard. Let's just focus on doing the very best we can, but we are not helped in the least if they win NC. Did it help us back in 1994? What about 2000? We really need to see a conference realignment to balance things out. We do not need to see FSU vs. Miami as the norm for the conference champ game. With the wrist slap UM got today, that becomes a definite possibility for the future. Other than us, no one else cares enough in football to compete consistently.

Oct 22, 2013, 6:16 PM

Thank you!!! Finally someone talking some good common sense around here! :)

I just want to see them get to that game. I do not think

Oct 22, 2013, 3:42 PM

they will lose another regular season game. I think if we win out, the only way for us to get a BCS bid is for FSU to get to the Nat. Championship game. That's what I think.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

That and the fact CU is money in the bank***

Oct 22, 2013, 3:44 PM

Re: I just want to see them get to that game. I do not think

Oct 22, 2013, 6:23 PM [ in reply to I just want to see them get to that game. I do not think ]

That fine and I'm glad you expressed your opinion. My opinion about them isn't far off. I too think they can win out and make the NC game, however, the point of all this is that I am not throwing in the towel that they couldn't possibly be upset twice and I sure as heck am not going to concede and automatically pull for them to win the ACC and National Championship. If you think by them winning the NC will do us good because it will hurt the SEC then you are wrong! Pull for any team that has a shot that does NOT recruit players in our backyard!!! Pull for Oregon or OSU or anyone other than SEC and ACC schools!

Oct 22, 2013, 4:04 PM

You make a very valid point! I hope this opens the eyes of other tiger fans! Thanks!

Oct 22, 2013, 6:29 PM

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, most have taken my point of not pulling for FSU as me pulling for the SEC. However, to make it clear I do not wish good luck or good fortune to any team that recruits in our backyard and we compete against for the majority of our players. I do NOT want any ACC (other than Clemson) or SEC team to win the NC.

RE:something not being told about Watkins/Boyd relationship

Oct 22, 2013, 4:29 PM

noticed they aren't tight all year.

I see a difference between "pulling for FSU" ...

Oct 22, 2013, 4:42 PM

...and wanting to see them in the title game.

Assuming we are able to recover and take care of business, FSU reaching that game vastly improves (1) our chance for a BCS spot and (2) improves the aura around what is now a wretched loss.

If our only loss this year is top one of the top two teams in the country, I can live with that. Especially if we close the year, and the BCS era, with a signature win.

But you're right: we really don't need FSU to become the eternal belle of the recruiting ball, nor should we become the synhcophantic suck-ups our poultry pals downstate have become.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU to NC gives us best shot at a good bowl game

Oct 22, 2013, 6:24 PM

provided we keep winning.

Re: FSU to NC gives us best shot at a good bowl game

Oct 22, 2013, 6:39 PM

I don't doubt this argument that I've seen others make too. However, how did the last BCS game we played in go for us? Perhaps we still aren't ready to play in the big games. How did being on the big time stage last week go for us? Before anyone jumps me for those comments, of course I want us to play in a BCS game and beat the crap out of whoever we play. But what's wrong with FSU losing a game and being mortal and not making the NC game and going on to play in the BCS game. Last time I checked the year we won the ACC they put VT in a BCS game too. So if they drop one and we win out who's to say it might not shake out for us to still make a BCS game? But even if we don't what's wrong with going to another good non-BCS bowl game and beating another good team? There's a lot of different scenarios in there but I'm just saying and bringing up some points and ultimately trying to say we should just pull for Clemson to get back on track and win out and not pull for our rival who we compete against on the field and off the field to win the National Championship.

I want to see an entertaining game. If you can point me to

Oct 22, 2013, 6:29 PM

another opponent not named Clemson that will face Alabama and make it entertaining, please let me know. Right now, looking over that Top 7 or 8, other than Oregon, FSU is the clear choice. I don't care if they beat us or what conference they are in.

Re: I want to see an entertaining game. If you can point me to

Oct 22, 2013, 6:57 PM

Please sir once again and I've said it a million times to others who have responded the way you have. Where in my original comments do I say I want Alabama to win the National Championship!?!? I don't sir!!! You guys are making assumptions by me saying I don't see any merit in us pulling for FSU (or the ACC) to win National Championships. FSU winning a National Championship DOES NOT mean Clemson won or will win a future Championship. The ONLY way we can win a National Championship is to recruit, coach, and play really good football and win every game we play, not by pulling for other schools in our conference to win them! It is a BS notion that we should pull for ACC schools to win championships just because we can't. I'm a CLEMSON fan not an ACC fan. Unless you are a person who truly just likes conferences and the teams that are in them then that's fine my argument does not pertain to you but if you are a Clemson fan and want to see Clemson win Championships then you better start pulling for Clemson to win win win and not for other schools to do it for you! I hope Bama losses too sir! Pull for an Oregon vs OSU National Championship or enter any other teams in their two spots that don't recruit against us! Hello, who cares about your entertainment when you wanting to be entertained by a FSU National Championship hurts Clemson, unless of course you aren't a fan of Clemson? I'm glad you'd like to be "entertained" for 3-4 hours while your entertainment ultimately hurts our program more than it helps. Guess I should have made it clear in my original post that I don't think we should pull for FSU or any SEC teams either.

Interesting overreaction, but this is Tigernet.

Oct 22, 2013, 8:09 PM

I pay attention to all of college football and enjoy it, with the Tigers being my favorite team, so yes, if the Clemson Tigers aren't going to be in the MNC, then I feel allright about opining on what two teams would be fun to watch in it. I think I made it clear in another thread I would rather be assaulted in jail then watch Ohio St. get stormtroopered in the MNC by Oregon, Bama, or just about any team in the Top 10. I would love to see Clemson recruit strongly all over this entire nation, so I guess I can't watch any college football and enjoy it or I'm supporting the enemy. Get a grip.

Re: Interesting overreaction, but this is Tigernet.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:13 AM

Why don't you pull for a USC vs FSU national championship then? Obviously USC can't make it this year but hey maybe next year it'll make for a interesting NC game. I mean ultimately USC playing for and or winning a NC has no negative effect on Clemson's program right? We don't recruit against USC just like we don't recruit against FSU right?

Oct 22, 2013, 6:46 PM

So you want the SEC to win another one...are you F-ing stupid?!!!

Oct 22, 2013, 7:01 PM

Please read my other responses to you who think by me not pulling for FSU to win the National Championship means I'm pulling for the SEC!!! I am in no way shape form or fashion pulling for FSU or any SEC school to win the NC and neither should you!!!

Oct 22, 2013, 7:04 PM

The ugly fact is we play in the acc and the conference is considered a joke. You want the conference to get better you need a BCS title-we aren't their and who do you want to win it-the sec, pac 12 who.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:19 AM

Nope don't want another SEC champ either. Pull for any team that does not recruit in our territory. Look I understand that some of our recruiting targets may pick OSU or Oregon or Texas over us but they are the minority not majority. The majority of our recruiting targets are also being recruited hard by other ACC schools (FSU/Miami/UNC/NCST/GT) and SEC schools, so don't pull for any team to win the NC that ultimately can have a negative effect on us on the recruiting trail.

pull for fsu

Oct 22, 2013, 7:58 PM

Why do you think teams like ga and auburn and ole miss ext out recruit Clemson?? Its because the sec wins national titles! If the acc starts winning them no matter who it helps Clemson better conference more respect more money equals better recruits and more winning as a conference

Re: pull for fsu

Oct 22, 2013, 10:15 PM

You're right I guess Robert Nkemdiche only decommitted from us because Ole Miss is in the SEC and because Bama wins championships. What has playing in the SEC done for the teams you mention? None of them have won a Championship except Auburn and they only won it because of one person and one person only! You take Cam Newton off that team and they lose 3-4 games that season. And UGA, Auburn and Ole Miss don't always out recruit us. The facts are Clemson can go toe to toe with the SEC in recruiting because we are a special place and have a lot of good reasons and great traditions and passionate fans that make people who see that want to come and play for us. Not to mention the great education they will receive while playing here. FSU or any SEC team winning the NC does not benefit Clemson in any way.

Oct 22, 2013, 8:24 PM

just who you think will beat them that is left in the acc, I mean don't get me wrong I hope they loose, but man, you have got to get in reality, I just do not see it, at least in the ACC.

Oct 22, 2013, 10:23 PM

Please read what I wrote. I too don't think anyone in the ACC will beat them much less 2 teams in the ACC that we need to beat them. My point isn't about them not making the NC because I can't see any other ACC team beating them, my point is you don't just start rooting for a rival because you lost to them and especially not one that you recruit against. With that said I'm also not pulling for an SEC to win it either! We also play against most SEC teams off the field for recruits too.

Oct 22, 2013, 8:30 PM

I hope FSU goes to the national title and makes Nick Saban embarrassed. I hope they lose worse than we do. Why would I want FSU to look bad? From what I saw Saturday night they deserve it more than anyone.

Oct 22, 2013, 10:33 PM

Did I say I wanted Bama or any SEC school to win it over FSU? Nope I never said that sir! I don't want FSU or Bama or any SEC team to win the NC. But I ask you this. Using your logic the past 4 years have you pulled for USC to win their bowl games and to win the SEC championship 2 years ago when they played in it, since they did beat us those years? And have you watched how Oregon has played this year? How does FSU "deserve it more than anyone" just because they kicked the crap out of a team you pull for? I guess tell the fans of the teams that Oregon has kicked the crap out of that Oregon doesn't "deserve" a shot at it!

Agree. I want what helps Clemson and hurts coots.

Oct 22, 2013, 8:36 PM

Also what hurts our division opponents and heps the division opponents of the coots

Re: Agree. I want what helps Clemson and hurts coots.

Oct 22, 2013, 10:42 PM

Exactly! FSU winning a NC does not help our team! It only hurts in recruiting. Pull for Clemson to win a NC and let other ACC teams piggy back of our success not the other way around!

Oct 22, 2013, 8:38 PM

I'm pulling for FSU and for Clemson to win all their remaining games.

Oct 22, 2013, 10:36 PM

Thanks for sharing but you're also pulling for us to do worse in the future by pulling for FSU to win it all. Glad you are still pulling for us to keep winning the rest of our games though.

Oct 22, 2013, 8:58 PM

I hear ya talkin, brother, and I'm not far away from being on your side. But, the fact of the matter is, strength of schedule matters. And playing in a strong conference is a good thing. FSU winning out will keep Clemson out of the ACC championship game, but -- and I can't believe I'm saying this -- maybe that's not such a bad thing. It would ease the damage done from last weekend, it would improve our odds for a BCS bowl game, and it would allow the team to focus COMPLETELY on the last game of the season.

Oct 22, 2013, 10:52 PM

Strength of schedule does matter and we always play a tough out of conference schedule so that makes up for us playing in a "weaker" conference. But starting next season any team that runs the table in almost any conference will make the 4 team playoff and ultimately have a shot at winning the NC. So instead of pulling for FSU or a SEC team to win this years NC you should only pull for us to put the train back on the track and win the rest of our games from now until next years playoff games start because no matter how weak or strong the ACC is Clemson would make the playoff if undefeated, so why pull for our rivals?

Do you really think FSU is going to lose 2 ACC games.

Oct 22, 2013, 9:01 PM

Pretty much we'd need them to lose a division game and one other ACC game for us to go to the ACCCG. It ain't gonna happen. PERIOD!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you really think FSU is going to lose 2 ACC games.

Oct 22, 2013, 11:09 PM

Please read my original comments all the way through. If you did you wouldn't be asking this question. And with what you say I guess the past 4 seasons we should have been pulling for USC to win the SEC Championship since we haven't beat them and since we can't win the SEC Championship!?!? That's basically what you guys are doing by pulling for FSU. Since we couldn't beat them and it doesn't seem like any other ACC team can then we should just start pulling for our division rival to win the NC so they can quote unquote be back! Because it will help when we go in the same house of a recruit that is being recruited by FSU and by Clemson it'll somehow help us to walk in their house and say hey come play for us and not them because they won the NC last year and since they are in our conference it automatically means we are on the list to win a NC next. People think about what more it will do for FSU if they win the NC and stop wanting it because it will somehow justify this past Saturday! Let it be known for the same reason I don't want FSU to win I don't want a SEC school to win it either!

newsflash

Oct 22, 2013, 9:16 PM

unless you are a player on a D-1 college football team, it doesnt matter a #### bit anything you do....

so pull for Mickey to beat Pluto while you pull against FSU.

it will impact all of the above equally.

what a maroon.

Re: newsflash

Oct 22, 2013, 11:21 PM

Hey Moron, I've been called a lot of things in my life but being called a dark brownish-red color (maroon) is the first! I'm not exactly sure what to think of that but okay? And by the way why do you watch Clemson or any sports team in any sport and pull for them since ultimately by you watching and pulling for them will have no bearing in the outcome of the game? I swear some of y'all are so stupid. I never said pulling for them would actually win them the NC. My gosh you're an idiot sir for implying that assumption! Since the Yankees didn't make the playoffs you think they are rooting for Boston to win the World Series!?!?

I'm pulling for NC State to beat them***

Oct 22, 2013, 10:05 PM

Re: I'm pulling for NC State to beat them***

Oct 22, 2013, 11:23 PM

Me too! Go NCST and Miami and most of all GO TIGERS!!!

Oct 22, 2013, 10:07 PM

Too long, didn't read. Go FSU

Oct 22, 2013, 11:25 PM

You're lazy but hope you can go by the mall soon and get you some Seminoles gear for your new favorite team!

Oct 22, 2013, 11:00 PM

Wow it is sad that I came to this board because I thought of our ACC brothers and sisters after what had to be a tough weekend and offer some FSU Love and respect. i would have wanted Clemson to win the NC for sure if you had won the game. The SEC rants about how great they are but the ACC has the up and coming teams now and look tyo dominate the conversation.

I don't get it either Nole

Oct 22, 2013, 11:17 PM

Why in the world would people who cry "SEC bias" not want to see a team from the ACC win it all. I highly doubt you guys will drop two ACC games, so why not want our (hopefully) one loss to be against the NC? Rising tide floats ALL boats people.

If you're too shortsighted or stubborn to see that then you need to get a clue. The media controls the perception. That's where terms like "top to bottom" and "beat the SEC" come from. Like it or not, that's the world we live in.

Look at Louisville. Even if they won out they would not have had a chance at the MNC. No one is going to put the AAC champ ahead of a one loss SEC team. Why? Perception. Get over yourself and get with the times.

I'm not one to chant "ACC ACC ACC" when an ACC team wins. I do however get mad when a team from the ACC loses an OOC game. It makes the whole conference, and therefore us, look bad.

Re: I don't get it either Nole

Oct 22, 2013, 11:55 PM

Great for you man. I wouldn't mind seeing FSU beat Florida but I definitely want them to drop 2 more ACC games before seasons end. Does this mean I think they will? He'll no man but I sure as crap aren't pulling for them to win them all. You speak of perception but what would the perception have been if we did indeed beat FSU and went on to win the rest of our games? You think we would have been left out of the NC game because we play in the "weak" ACC? I doubt it because we play a tough out of conference schedule. But I promise you this a Clemson team that runs the table starting next year when the playoff is in place will never be left out no matter how weak the ACC is because we aren't afraid to play a tough out of conference schedule. What do you think the "perception" will be for a recruit who is being recruited hard by us and FSU if FSU wins the NC? What do you think that "perception" will look like for that young man when trying to decide which team to choose? Hmmmm should I go with the team that just won the NC or the one who hasn't won it since 1981?

Oct 22, 2013, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: If you are now pulling for FSU... PLEASE READ!!! ]

I don't understand your logic either. If we had beat your Seminoles you shouldn't have been pulling for us to win the NC either! Dude we are a rival team! Having rivals is what makes sports and competition so great! Especially in college football! Do you root for Florida or Miami the years they beat y'all? Are the Yankees and Yankee fans pulling for Boston to win the World Series!?!? He'll no they aren't! It's ESPN and middle of the pack SEC teams who can't win a NC for their self who have made this notion that we should start rooting for conferences and them teams in our conferences to win Championships.

Agree.

Oct 22, 2013, 11:12 PM

A possible loss to say Miami, and then a shocking upset (against the likes of a Syracuse, etc.) and we are suddenly right back in the conversation.

Re: Agree.

Oct 23, 2013, 12:05 AM

Exactly!!! But no there are tons of people who would rather concede to a rival and actually start pulling for them to win all their games and win a NC so it makes it harder for us to recruit against them. And they also want to pull for them because the "Perception" is that they are a really good team since they whipped us so they are incapable to losing to anyone else. I'm not saying they can or will drop 2 conference games but I sure as hell am pulling for them to lose them! What people are doing is pulling for a rival to now do better than us because it will somehow justify this past Saturday but what some can't realize is that FSU or any team (SEC) that we recruit against does not help us by them winning a NC, it only hurts us. So don't pull for another SEC national champ and don't pull for FSU to win it all either!

Oct 23, 2013, 7:30 AM

spin machine. I think it may actually help our recruiting, but no one really knows. Hard to recruit elite players when they say we are a 3rd teer conference.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We also recruit against the SEC and the ESPN

Oct 23, 2013, 7:31 AM

spin machine. I think it may actually help our recruiting, but no one really knows. Hard to recruit elite players when they say we are a 3rd teer conference.

Re: We also recruit against the SEC and the ESPN

Oct 23, 2013, 9:25 AM

I understand your point Clemson78jmh but think about it, we really don't have trouble recruiting. The ACC has been the laughing stock for years but has it hurt us that much in recruiting? NO. We still recruit really well but which team is always out recruiting us? FSU! And Miami is always in the mix too and they are only going to get stronger as well. I'm telling you guys you don't want FSU to win a NC and have another leg up on us in recruiting! If you are a Boston College, Pitt, Syracuse those types of ACC school then you are pulling hard for FSU right now...but NOT US! We don't have to pull for FSU because we can go toe to toe with them on and off the field (in most years obviously this year on the field was a joke) but you don't want them gaining even more ground on us by winning a NC. I'm telling you people, some of you have to wake up and see the bigger picture! WE DON'T NEED HELP FROM FSU! We are building something special in Clemson by ourselves we don't need to piggyback some other teams success which will only be a negative for us in recruiting!

I have no complaints about our recruiting. As far as SEC

Oct 23, 2013, 10:36 PM

competition I was thinking more about our poor relations down the road than the state of Florida. I actually think we will be fine either way. However, if we can put this loss behind us and finish strong, FSU in the MNC game increases our odds of a BCS bowl.

I wish we had got Mike Davis, but I dont know why he made his choice.

Re: I have no complaints about our recruiting. As far as SEC

Oct 23, 2013, 11:14 PM

What poor relations do you worry about? The ACC has for many years been the laughing stock and we have managed to recruit well during those/these years. But FSU being down and not relative for a while helped us to go into the state of Florida and steal away some elite players. If they start winning ACC championships every year and on the mix for a NC year after year how easy do you think it will be for us to steal some of the top elite talent out of Florida? If you don't worry about the state of Florida then think about how 2009 would have been when we played against FSU and put CJ Spiller in a Seminoles uniform. How about 2011 and Sammy Watkins decided to stay in state and go to FSU. Them being "back" and relative and in the hunt for a NC year after year and winning some of them will only hurt us and make life that much harder!

I'm sure a lot of people wish we had Mike Davis too but what if we had Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall? Those two guys are the reason why Mike Davis is in a Gamecocks uniform. Dabo and crew thought we had 1 if not both of them coming to Clemson. Then late in the recruiting process both committed to UGA and by the time we switched our attention towards Davis he was already pissed off that we weren't recruiting him hard to begin with and had already made up his mind to go where he was being recruited hard USC.

Here you go!! For those of you who think we can't make a BCS

Oct 23, 2013, 11:54 AM

bowl game if FSU doesn't win out and go to the NC game. People don't automatically pull for FSU your rival team just because we lost to them.

For all of you Clemson fans who are now pulling for FSU because they beat us and because you think they have to make the NC for us to make a BCS game why does Athlon Sports have a Bama vs Oregon NC game prediction but still predicts us to make a BCS game!?!? WAKE UP PEOPLE...don't start pulling for rivals to play and win National Championships when it hurts your favorite team more than it helps!

Clemson doesn't need FSU's help to change national perception. The only way Clemson can change national perception is to not drop the ball the next time we are in the spot light like we did Saturday night. Pulling for other rival teams in the ACC to win a National Championship does nothing but hurt Clemson in the long run. If we were in the SEC and being competitive year in and year out but losing games to Vanderbilt or Kentucky and other bottom tier SEC teams like we have done in the past to ACC teams the nation would still call it "pulling a Clemson" and "Clemsoning" nobody would say well they play in the SEC so it's okay give them a pass. I don't understand why some of y'all feel that way, that if FSU and Miami start winning Championships and people start thinking that the ACC is strong that it will somehow benefit us, when in reality it will hurt us on the recruiting trail and does nothing to change the national perception of Clemson. Clemson's perception has been formed over the years by us losing to inferior competition. FSU is not inferior. Yes we lost and we lost REAL bad but for Clemson's perception to change we have to keep beating teams that we should beat and start beating the FSU's and USC's and UGA's that depending on how those teams are doing that given year we either should or shouldn't beat and if we do lose to them don't lose 51 to 14 make it respectable. The only way for the nation to change their minds about us is for us to win, win the games we should and win the games we shouldn't and if we happen to lose don't let the other team hang 70 on us or 51 in your house! So stop pulling for your rivals to have the success you desire and start pulling for Clemson to do it and let others benefit and piggyback off our success!

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Athlon-Sports-predicts-BCS-Bowl-Clemson-13314

I normally pull for the ACC, but

Oct 23, 2013, 9:47 PM

after the showbaoting that Jamous Winston did toward the end of the game, I'd love to see him get beat.

Re: I normally pull for the ACC, but

Oct 23, 2013, 10:27 PM

This isn't exactly the reason I'm telling people they shouldn't pull for FSU to win it all but hey at least you aren't like them and now rooting for a rival team. Thanks for you post.

Love Clemson - FSU whipped our a$$. Own it.***

Oct 23, 2013, 10:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love Clemson - FSU whipped our a$$. Own it.***

Oct 23, 2013, 10:24 PM

You're an idiot sir. What does that have to do with what this post is about?

Disagree too

Oct 24, 2013, 4:42 PM

I think, this season, we need FSU to win out and win it all. This SEC streak needs to end this season. You talk about us recruiting against FSU, but to me, the bigger obstacle right now is the mighty SEC. We had our shot to be the ones to end it and were exposed as frauds.I am hoping that FSU wins it all, then Dabo & Co can use that in recruiting. However, having said all that, I'm talking about just this season. Normally I agree that you don't pull for your rivals and I never do. I just happen to think FSU winning one and the ACC getting one and ending the SEC streak, happens to help Clemson more than it hurts us.

Re: Disagree too

Oct 24, 2013, 5:17 PM

Lilnaitch you do realize that we rely on pulling recruits out of Florida. Ever heard of CJ Spiller or Sammy Watkins? Or this past years class MacKensie Alexander, Adrian Baker, Jayron Kearse and Jordan Leggett? Do you not think some of these elite top recruits would rather go to a school that has just won a National Championship over a school that hasn't won one since 1981? I'm telling you people some of you don't look at the big picture and what it will do to our recruiting if FSU wins another title. It's already hard enough recruiting against them as it is because of all the Championships they've won in the past and their history and for the fact that they reside in arguably the most talented high school football state. Forgive them Dabo for they know not what they do when these people pull for FSU to win even 1 more single National Championship!

Oct 24, 2013, 4:48 PM

Right now, I'd take the ACC being relevant over another year of the ACC being treated like the red-headed step child despite being better than the Big 10 and as good as the other conferences. I'd love to see the coaches actually bring a prepared team into a huge game and possible develop 3 star players into a tough blue collar team.

Lets go Wolfpack!!!***

Oct 26, 2013, 10:41 AM

Lets go 'Noles***

Oct 26, 2013, 10:44 AM

exactly..

Oct 26, 2013, 10:49 AM

them winning a nat title means.their already great recruiting gets even better.i hope they lose the rest of their games.

Re: exactly..

Oct 26, 2013, 10:53 AM

Exactly what I've been preaching all week long! I don't understand how people don't understand this unless they just don't know what goes into recruiting players? Pulling for them to win the NC is like pulling for Clemson to not get top talent out of the state of Florida to come play for us.

not to mention..i want my team to..

Oct 26, 2013, 10:54 AM

win the conference.not some other team.so yeah there is another reason to root against them.

Re: not to mention..i want my team to..

Oct 26, 2013, 11:02 AM

YUUUP!!! That and the fact that they are our rival! People are watering down rivalries by this BS ESPN/SEC made notion that we should pull for our conferences!!! I say SCREW that! I cheer for Clemson and Clemson only!!! Lets be the ones that make the ACC relevant again even if it take another year or two. If you don't want the SEC to win another NC then just pull for anyone else but don't pull for FSU when them winning or even playing for one would just hurt us in the long run!

Big b sure is babysitting this thread

Oct 26, 2013, 11:00 AM

you like those 4000+ views don't you ;)

Re: Big b sure is babysitting this thread

Oct 26, 2013, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the help! ;)

Replies: 124
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive