Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney: "We can't let one game make or break our season"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney: "We can't let one game make or break our season"

Oct 20, 2013, 7:07 PM

Swinney: "We can't let one game make or break our season"

During Dabo Swinney's Sunday teleconference he said it is the job of the coaches and the players to flush the FSU loss and get ready for Maryland. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes place for 3 rd place in ACC.... Good job***

Oct 20, 2013, 7:10 PM

Well unlike the coots we won't be giving out

Oct 20, 2013, 7:18 PM

3rd, 4th, 5th or any other place rings. They may get 7th place rings this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love ya Dabo but it has broke alot of the season goals...

Oct 20, 2013, 7:18 PM

State championship= Was feeling real good about that but have to admit a little worried now. No chance at an ACC title. No Orange bowl.GOOD NEWS: Possible BCS game if we win the rest but that will depend on how we respond to this horrendous loss which exploited alot of weaknesses I as a Tiger refused admit we had though the showed in previous games.

Orange Bowl is still possible.

Oct 20, 2013, 7:28 PM

It all depends on FSU going to NC and how VT and Miami play the rest of the season. Miami has to face FSU regardless of whether they win the division. VT and Miami play before ACC championship, so it's possible either one could end up playing FSU for the conference. But as long as we are one loss, we could still get the Orange bid, I think.

Re: Orange Bowl is still possible.

Oct 20, 2013, 7:38 PM

If we end up getting an at large BCS, I'd rather have the Sugar than the Orange. Ready for some different scenery, but that's just me.

BCS Bowl Game Locks:

Oct 20, 2013, 8:03 PM

These four teams are locks for BCS Bowl Games:

1 Alabama (55) 7-0 1495
2 Oregon (3) 7-0 1427
3 Florida State (2) 6-0 1395
4 Ohio State 7-0 1309

Clemson is the only team in this group of 9 teams that has a realistic chance at winning out from this point forward:

5 Missouri 7-0 1197
6 Baylor 6-0 1189
7 Miami (FL) 6-0 1130
8 Stanford 6-1 1118
9 Clemson 6-1 927
10 Texas Tech 7-0 904
11 Auburn 6-1 867
12 UCLA 5-1 832
13 LSU 6-2 739

Re: BCS Bowl Game Locks:

Oct 21, 2013, 10:55 AM

>
> Clemson is the only team in this group of 9 teams
> that has a realistic chance at winning out from this
> point forward:

We also had a realistic chance of beating or losing to FSU by a few points.

No offense but

Oct 20, 2013, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Orange Bowl is still possible. ]

What bowl comittee is going to trust us to show up and make a game of it? They better select our oppenent wisely.

Re: No offense but

Oct 21, 2013, 10:27 AM

I think you are right. Because we run at such a fast pace, if the other team is better than us and we make a ton of mistakes it can easily get ugly! If we ran plays a normal pace, we probably only lose that game by 21 instead of 37. 21 is less embarrassing, and the game would be in reach for longer. Maybe this will get Morris's attention. If we see that we are outmatched and are making a ton of mistakes, we may should have an alternative pace to go with.

Re: Orange Bowl is still possible.

Oct 22, 2013, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Orange Bowl is still possible. ]

Dear Lord...please don't let us get to the Orange bowl..

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney: "We can't let one game make or break our season"

Oct 20, 2013, 7:19 PM

I am disappointed but I am still proud of Clemson Football an will always love my Tiger football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Proud of Clemson. Tough loss. Wore Clemson shirt

Oct 20, 2013, 8:38 PM

today. And had a few random people say "Go Tigers" to me. I presumed they meant it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Cliche Hand Book - But Dabo had to reference something

Oct 20, 2013, 7:27 PM

A more realistic assessment would be: Outplayed and outcoached by much more talented players and a more qualified head coach who humiliated the Tigers who played scared and quit once again. Pinion and Sammy played well ... anyone else?

In fairness to our guys, FSU may be the best team in country this year and they were hungry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm betting there is a big difference how Dabo talks

Oct 20, 2013, 7:33 PM

to the public about the team and individual players and how he talks to them directly. Do you expect him to trash his players to reporters and still keep their respect and drive?

But he does seriously need to fix the "cave" mode we can get into. He may have to become more of a hard### and start pulling guys sooner, Boyd included. Sort of a zero tolerance programs for each game.

NO coach in America would make your preferred statement.***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Coach Cliche Hand Book - But Dabo had to reference something ]

Re: Coach Cliche Hand Book - But Dabo had to reference something

Oct 20, 2013, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Coach Cliche Hand Book - But Dabo had to reference something ]

You are right. Often the truth hurts, but self-delusion is much worse. With as many glaring weaknesses as this team has, sonething like this against a really elite team (and we are not) had to happen eventually. It's the old ACC again. FSU and then everyone else. And as they continue to out-recruit us, I'm afraid the talent gap is going to get even worse.

How is practice going?

Oct 20, 2013, 7:51 PM

Are they practicing half speed or walking through? Bottom line, coach e's DIDN'T have our team ready. How can you get beat so bad at home with the support that you had. You cannot allow this to happen every again. Losing a few points maybe but not embarrassed. I wonder how many recruits that we lost?

Thought the game was in TN? Not familiar with coot

Oct 20, 2013, 8:05 PM

recruits.

Re: How is practice going?

Oct 20, 2013, 10:02 PM [ in reply to How is practice going? ]

My guess is that this will hurt us substantially in recruiting.

Oct 20, 2013, 8:02 PM

I have to agree with Dabo.It shouldn't make ,or break our season.
But it sure did expose our weakness, shows that we have a lot of work to do and told Clemson Nation that we are nowhere near being a top 5 program.

Oct 22, 2013, 9:15 AM

We really don't know how any of the others would stack up against FSU either, since they haven't played. They may do better, but they may not. What I learned is we certainly didn't have answers for FSU on Sat. I think they played about a flawless game, and we couldn't have gotten off to a worse start and then followed up with with a more atrocious finish. While FSU is a great team, FSU probably isn't quite as good as we made them look, nor are we as bad as they made us look. We had our chance, though, and we now have made a mess we need to clean up. Much work to do on all 3 sides of the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quitting and scared***

Oct 20, 2013, 8:05 PM

What would you expect from bandwagon fans?***

Oct 20, 2013, 8:06 PM

Re: What would you expect from bandwagon fans?***

Oct 20, 2013, 10:05 PM

I don't think the realists were ever on your "bandwagon," which went spectacularly into the ditch Saturday night.

Re: Quitting and scared***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Quitting and scared*** ]

No doubt FS looked like a national champion contendor but us giving up in 2nd helped. Tajh simply was rattled from the beginning - same as USC's gameplan last year. this week will be huge in getting attitudes turned back positive!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quitting and scared?

Oct 20, 2013, 8:09 PM

Agree with the rest but not too sure about quitting and scared(do you really think so?)
Also agree on Watkins and Pinion. Thought Anthony played fairly well.

Nobody was scared or quit. We were outmanned plain and

Oct 20, 2013, 9:29 PM

Simple. We knew we had secondary issues and that remains the case. A poised qb will not be rattled a entire game by dline pressure alone. Add to that the fact that our offense is way too predicated on pass to set up the run which still has yet to materialize against good dlines and it puts our d on the field way too much. Our lack of a run game has been the biggest disappointment to me to this point in the season.Mariotta looks like Peyton manning every week because he has his pick of wide open guys when they "choose" to pass. Defenses have to sell out to stop the run against them and it is easy pickings when they pass the ball

Re: Nobody was scared or quit. We were outmanned plain and

Oct 22, 2013, 9:25 AM

I disagree with nothing you said, but I think we pass as a first option in this offense because we don't have the OL to have a dependable running game. I thought the OL would be much improved this year, but Sat. it was not very effective. Couple that with Tajh having probably his worst possible performance, and the results were a severe butt whipping, and a huge disappointment for all of us, and especially for the team.

Oct 20, 2013, 8:10 PM

Dabo,

I like you as a coach and you have done an outstanding job, but let's face it, this was the game, this game meant more conference wise, bcs wise, and prestige wise than any other game in the last 20 years or more, yes we can have a good season, but do we want to settle for good when we could have been outstanding, in all fairness FSU had us outmatched, but 51-14 at home, come on man.

Coaches didnt have team prepared

Oct 20, 2013, 8:14 PM

Good assessment plus Fla St out coached us and had more talent at EVERY position. :(

Bye week was a great advantage for them also.***

Oct 20, 2013, 8:32 PM

Re: Coaches didnt have team prepared

Oct 20, 2013, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Coaches didnt have team prepared ]

I love when idiots like this come out of the woodwork after a big loss.

null

Oct 20, 2013, 8:18 PM

Yes Dabo, you are correct on that, but please get a handle on Morris, he's killing you right now, especially the defense, it puts so much pressure on them and their on the field to long due to the underachieving offense of morris here lately, too much west coast, get a premier back and even a full back and change things up, they got this Morris offense figured out, and the stiffer the competition the more it rare's it's ugly head

Oct 20, 2013, 10:09 PM

Has anyone noticed that we have a lousey OL?

Oct 22, 2013, 7:56 AM

Why do we need a great O-line when we have Dabo..

Oct 22, 2013, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney: "We can't let one game make or break our season" ]

It looked that way on Sat.

Oct 20, 2013, 8:32 PM

Well, Sat night was not fun. But I've been a loyal Clemson alumni since 1969 and my loyalty will never, ever change. I've been to many bowl games where we won (Woody Hayes Gator, Joe Paterno Citrus and NC Orange) and a few we lost (Cal Citrus, Baylor Peach and WVa Orange.) Winning is definitely more fun than losing. But regardless of Sat's loss, I'm proud of Dabo Swinney, his coaching staff and the players on our team. They are all quality people that represent Clemson well. I'm confident that they will respond to this adversity in the right way. So my message to the Tiger Nation, "Stand tall and keep the faith that "there is something in these hills" that binds us together like no where else in the world. Go Tigers!"

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2013, 9:30 AM

Yep!

well, you did , Dabo!

Oct 20, 2013, 8:33 PM

You "pulled a Dabo" this was oure "Da=bone-headed"

Even if you finish 11-1 (you won't because the coots have you figured out), this season will end worse than last.

BCS bowl? I hope not!! If so, you'll pull another "Dabo"!!

Chic bowl? Nope, that will go to UM!

Great recruiter, but another coach that can't get a team prepared for the big stage! Learned that from Tommy Bowden I guess!?

And Tahj, you chokeddddddd!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Amen, coach!***

Oct 20, 2013, 8:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amen, coach!***

Oct 20, 2013, 10:13 PM

Well really, could he have done much worse? And he's not making a Mil+.

Oct 20, 2013, 8:51 PM

It's comments like these that make me sick! With this mindset this loss makes it two games maybe three! Maryland is next and we go 12 and 1. Go TIGERS

Oct 20, 2013, 10:15 PM

Did Dabo's email to the governor on Friday make you sick as well? Boy did that backfire.

Oct 22, 2013, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swinney: "We can't let one game make or break our season" ]

Had you really rather him say, "well we got blown out by a great team, and we looked crappy, and even if we win the rest of our games, the season is over, because all we are is losers?" No, I didn't think so. We fell down, no doubt, but now we have to get up, get mad, refocus and finish what we started this year.

Re: Front Page Story: Swinney: "We can't let one game make or break our season"***

Oct 20, 2013, 8:53 PM

Well, we sure made FSU's season.***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:11 PM

That's a big one to "flush"-- triple flusher***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:31 PM

Own less, do more.

Not letting FSU beat us twice- big test for Dabo. Go Tigers!***

Oct 20, 2013, 9:51 PM

Amen to that...Go Tigers!******

Oct 20, 2013, 10:45 PM

Re: Not letting FSU beat us twice- big test for Dabo. Go Tigers!***

Oct 22, 2013, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Not letting FSU beat us twice- big test for Dabo. Go Tigers!*** ]

The biggest, Razz. It will be a big job for Dabo, his staff and for the team to put this behind them, and finish what they have left to do.

Dabo pulled a Tommy Bowden: 50 teams lost Saturday, he says***

Oct 20, 2013, 10:07 PM

I thought the same thing. One of Tommy's favorite excuses.***

Oct 21, 2013, 11:30 AM

Re: Dabo pulled a Tommy Bowden: 50 teams lost Saturday, he says***

Oct 22, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Dabo pulled a Tommy Bowden: 50 teams lost Saturday, he says*** ]

And like I said when TB said that, I don't care about anybody but us (only I was a little more earthy). I get very little solace from someone else's misery (well I do get pleasure when coots and ugay lose), but that doesn't trump the sickening feeling I have when we lose.

Define "season"

Oct 20, 2013, 11:05 PM

Because, a couple of our key goals were just wiped out in one fell swoop.

Re: Define "season"

Oct 21, 2013, 12:06 PM

DID EVERY ONE OF PEOPLE SEE WHAT I SAW, Boyd was limping at
the end of 2nd qt. Played all of 3rd and 3/4 of the 4th then they decided to put in Stout and he drove our team down the field and scored? Just saying!!!

Re: Define "season"

Oct 21, 2013, 1:54 PM

Everyone knows, except for Dabo of course that when Boyd starts out like that, he freaks out and can't get over it. Cole should have started the second half. Why does Dabo have to stick with Boyd till the end? When #10 is hot, he's hot but when his head isn't right, he can't recover. It's like beating a dead horse.

Oct 22, 2013, 12:58 AM

Its all about us.......not making ajustments or game planning...... Its all about us getting out coached due to arrogance and our kind cowboy charms. Football is actually 6 phases
1. O
2. D
3. ST
4. Talent equalization
5. Battle plans.... coaching
6. Execution of battleplans.
Oh ps stop being a gimmick
All these wrs going to waste give me a nfl style qb a strong powerful rb like oh Dabo still waiting on another guy to be like spiller thats rated 3 stars..... not happening. Still use the hurry up about pound the other team with a big mean rb or get your ### beat. Please dear god blitz someone from the linebackers hit the qb 3/4 down didnt cut it.

Oct 22, 2013, 7:32 AM

It's all "Him "when we win and all"WE" when he totally fails..I don't want to hear a thing that Blabo has to say.Go win a ball game. When thjey try and interview you after the game tell them no. Tell them you would like to but right now you can't...you're going back to work

As a fan I now only care about beating scar As coaches

Oct 22, 2013, 7:39 AM

I understand they cant feel that way :) It is good we both have an understanding of our unique circumstances.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic