Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables says three factors will decide the winner of the Clemson-FSU game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Venables says three factors will decide the winner of the Clemson-FSU game

Oct 17, 2013, 10:25 AM

Venables says three factors will decide the winner of the Clemson-FSU game

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables calls what happened last year in Tallahassee a "recipe for disaster" and says the Tigers need to win two of the three factors that coaches believe decide games. What does he think about the Florida St. offense and Jameis Winston? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can bet Venables wants revenge for last year

Oct 17, 2013, 10:30 AM

He's going to unleash the dogs on FSU and Winston. I expect to see a lot of stunts and elaborate blitzes to get in his face.

Agree. I just hope the timing is right. Do the unexpected.***

Oct 17, 2013, 10:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winston has thrived on blitzes. We need front-4 pressure.***

Oct 17, 2013, 2:32 PM [ in reply to You can bet Venables wants revenge for last year ]

Harassed & Confused - YEA!

Oct 17, 2013, 11:22 AM

“You obviously want to disrupt their timing, somehow, some way,” Venables said. “Him being harassed and confused is what you want. If they are able to establish the run game and we can’t get pressure on the quarterback, we won’t win the game.”

Ok Tiger Faithful, let's do our part to help "harass and confuse" Famous J! BRING ON DA NOISE!

Put the ball carrier in the turf. Better than confusion.***

Oct 17, 2013, 12:18 PM

Ok, so why did our defense struggle with stopping them

Oct 17, 2013, 12:21 PM

last season? Didn't seem to be a clear answer.

The guys were still getting used to BV's system...

Oct 17, 2013, 2:35 PM

...and, honestly, our linebacking group wasn't as adept at putting his system into play during the first half of the year.

Remember that game came fairly early. FSU had an inkling into BV's scheme from the Oklahoma games and adapted at halftime.

This time, our defenders are well schooled in the system, better at LB and ready with a few subtle changes.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I kind of knew that, but I was talking about scheme / plays,

Oct 17, 2013, 5:41 PM

more specifics, etc. We could not stop that short pass play action. I sort of felt the answer was kind of "vague" coach speak. ;)

Re: Front Page Story: Venables says three factors will decide the winner of the Clemson-FSU game

Oct 17, 2013, 11:39 AM

Venables defended FSU very well while at Oklahoma. They put up 17 more points on us last year than the 3 times he previously coached against them...combined. Before last year they only averaged 11 ppg against his D. I think he is definitely looking for revenge.

the way I see it

Oct 17, 2013, 11:51 AM

If our offense can stake us to a nice 10+ point 1st quarter lead weshould be able to get the upper hand defensively from a pass rush point of view. That comment Coach Ven made about stopping the run Iis very telling...we do that all night and we should win easily.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Most important factor...who scores more points***

Oct 17, 2013, 12:20 PM

We have a championship offense.

Oct 17, 2013, 12:37 PM

But do we have a championship defense? We'll find out Sat. night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Ok, so why did our defense struggle with stopping them

Oct 17, 2013, 12:55 PM

last season? Didn't seem to be a clear defensive scheme answer. ;0

Re: Ok, so why did our defense struggle with stopping them

Oct 17, 2013, 10:56 PM

Watching from the stands last year, fsu started with a short field must of the time. Punt returns, turnovers, and even kickoff returns. Once their stadium started rocking, the team fed off the momentum of the crowd.

Re: Front Page Story: Venables says three factors will decide the winner of the Clemson-FSU game

Oct 17, 2013, 1:32 PM

We had no depth we got wore out in my opinion, we fought hard and just didn't have the backups to put in there. This year tho, well well we shine I have said it and say it again we hold them to 17-21 pts !

Oct 17, 2013, 1:54 PM

Last year, our defense did not get their act together until LSU. They were like a different team.

Against FSU, I am more concerned with our offense than our defense.

Oct 17, 2013, 11:03 PM

keep your eyes on our middle play as they have to focus on our deep ends play. Honestly, this qb hasn't been hit yet. He hasn't played with a dirty or ripped jersey yet. Time to bring a little PAIN to his game.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic