Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big thank you to the guy in Section UI, row L, seat 20ish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Big thank you to the guy in Section UI, row L, seat 20ish

Oct 14, 2013, 2:50 PM

Thank you for calling the police on my friend’s 19-year old, 5 foot tall niece in Death Valley on Saturday. You’re a real hero. Was she being loud? Yes. Was she cheering in your ear? Yes. Did she perhaps say something you didn’t like? Probably. It’s a football game, and not everyone sits on their hands for 4 quarters like you did. If she was disturbing you, you should have had the guts to turn around and ask her to keep it down or move. Instead you drag a cop over to her and point her out??? And then pretend like you don’t hear us when we call you out for it???

Just so you know, she is a scholarship Clemson student whose father passed away recently, has worked 2 jobs simultaneously to help make ends meet, is a great kid, and you would be lucky to have a son or daughter as intelligent and hardworking.

You managed to completely humiliate her in front of her family members and friends, about 10 of which were present. She ended up crying and leaving the game to go back to her apartment and missed the one game per year she attends with her extended family.

A true hero!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is it that man in seat 20 didn't fall down the stairs

Oct 14, 2013, 2:52 PM

later in the game when going to get a drink?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

prob some old farts who wanted to sit quitely and watch the

Oct 14, 2013, 2:52 PM

game

Re: prob some old farts who wanted to sit quitely and watch the

Oct 14, 2013, 3:10 PM

That's one thing I hate at the games. You have a lot of fans that don't want to get up and scream or make noise. Hell I'm 45 and want it as loud as it can be. If you leave the game and can talk then you were not loud enough!

^^^AMEN^^^***

Oct 14, 2013, 3:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Misspelled 'punk'.***

Oct 14, 2013, 2:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big thank you to the guy in Section UI, row L, seat 20ish

Oct 14, 2013, 3:07 PM

Well I'm going to be thrown out soon enough. Considering how I make noise the entire time the defense is on the field. Something else seems to be at issue here. If the potty mouth was in full effect, then that would make more sense to me as my wife calls me out on it; glad she does.

But either way I agree with you, it's a football game, go home if you don't want to hear people screaming.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Potty Mouth? It's a football game not a Sunday School Bible

Oct 14, 2013, 3:18 PM

Class........

Have you seen the cheer book from the 50's?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Are there multiple F-bombs in the 50's cheer book?

Oct 14, 2013, 3:35 PM

Ha!

I've taught my sons that it's not OK to say the things they hear at football games. But they (or anyone else) shouldn't have to tolerate constant swearing...

But if there are small children around, surely folks can yell loud without cussing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2013, 3:11 PM

probably some old fart. I had a guy tell me to be quiet on 3rd and 1 or so when FSU was in town. I believe it was the play we sacked trickett on. I just ignored him and kept yelling. then I farted in his face because he was sitting down

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We sit near you...saw the commotion.

Oct 14, 2013, 3:14 PM

...the young lady should not have been embarrassed or left. What a shame! It's not like there wasn't plenty of room over in that section he could have moved someplace else. I'm sorry that happened to you folks!

Re: We sit near you...saw the commotion.

Oct 14, 2013, 3:18 PM

Cheering and screaming is part of the game but profanity shouldn't. I scream as loud as the next person but I have heard fans dropping the Fbomb and that really bothers me. I really do not mind fans that have had a few unless it gets to the point like one fan at the SC game last year when he sat down right before kickouu...threw up all over the place...made for a nice evening...thank goodness they gave out the pompoms and all the people sitting around us covered the mess up

if she's cussing and there are kids around, she deserved it

Oct 14, 2013, 3:22 PM

which is the case in about 90% of the stadium. There are impressionable kids out there everywhere.

But I am on board with not taking a kid under 12 to a game with the stupidity/language they have to witness these days. I feel sorry for parents with young kids.

We had a semi-drunk college-age girl a few rows down from us who couldn't keep her middle finger in her pocket. A 6 year old in a Clemson cheerleader outfit was sitting right behind her and saw the birdie finger much more than she was able to see any of the actual football game with Lady Divine on display in front of her.

Some folks really don't need to be out in public.

I agree that it's not the best thing to do

Oct 14, 2013, 3:32 PM

but I don't get the parents complaining about it. Do they think that their kids don't see it elsewhere? My wife is an elementary school teacher. Her 5th graders say the same things as dumb drunks do on Saturday afternoons (sometimes worse). I would prefer my child to be exposed to it next to me so I can talk to them about it rather than at school with their friends where they think it's the thing to do.

Shoot, forget the kids. I am 28, and I don't even go

Oct 14, 2013, 3:41 PM [ in reply to if she's cussing and there are kids around, she deserved it ]

to games anymore because of the environment I find myself in.

That's because you're a coot

Oct 14, 2013, 4:02 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been to cootville

Oct 14, 2013, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Shoot, forget the kids. I am 28, and I don't even go ]

It is a totally different environment at Clemson. I do not hear any obscenities in my section. Maybe once a year some drunk shows up, usually from the visiting team.

When I was a kid, that was a fun part about going to games***

Oct 14, 2013, 4:19 PM [ in reply to if she's cussing and there are kids around, she deserved it ]

Baloney

Oct 15, 2013, 8:38 PM [ in reply to if she's cussing and there are kids around, she deserved it ]

If she's cussing and there are kids around, she at least should have been asked to cut it out before the cops were called.

Was she cursing? If not, I agree with you. If so, get out.***

Oct 14, 2013, 3:29 PM

Oct 14, 2013, 3:58 PM

I know the feeling I got talked to by the police because me and my daughter who are five were being to loud. Mind you I had nothing to drink because my wife an newborn came home from the hospital at 11 and we almost didn't make the game. The police officer came and said something to us them watched and laughed at my daughter as she continued to yell as loud as she could for the tigers. If you want to be nice and quiet and sheltered from fans keep you filthy A$$ at home.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably one of those people who stand with their arms crossed

Oct 14, 2013, 4:20 PM

I always laugh at people who stand around in DV with arms crossed lips sealed. They could do that at home a lot cheaper. For all the mud people sling at the student section, no one over there looks like there sewn into a straight jacket. Not so much for some older fans near me.
I pay enough money to sit between the 35s. I will say what I want as loud as I want and when I want. You know, there's that whole 1st Amendment thing too.
Y'all move down to my section and we will make some noise!

actually the opposite is true with the 1st Amendment

Oct 14, 2013, 4:49 PM

people are protected from offensive or obscene speech. And a ticket is a contract that can be revoked.

".... the First Amendment does not protect obscene speech or words that incite violence or create a danger. (Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes famously wrote in 1919 that you cannot falsely shout “Fire!” in a crowded theater.) Stadiums, for example, can eject fans on the basis that children come to sporting events and they, like anyone else within hearing distance, must be protected from offensive speech.

"The ticket is actually a license to attend the game,” says Scott Rosner, a sports business and law professor at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. “If you want to keep the privilege of that license, you need to conform to certain standards of conduct.”

http://www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3757828

ticket = right to be a ####

Oct 14, 2013, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Probably one of those people who stand with their arms crossed ]

and if others don't watch a game like you then they are flat out wrong

Re: ticket = right to be a ####

Oct 14, 2013, 5:33 PM

That statement is one of the problems.
Respect others and your time will be much more enjoyable.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Pic???

Oct 14, 2013, 4:52 PM

or it didn't happen

People like that drive me crazy!

Oct 14, 2013, 4:55 PM

You're at a football game! You're not in a movie theater! It's supposed to be loud. If you can't deal with the noise and people standing up don't go to the game. Watch it on tv. I'm sure there is some other tiger fan who would love to take your place. I sat with my dad for the Miami game in 2010 and was asked to sit down by the people behind me. I haven't been anywhere other than the student section since. That made me so mad.

If she was drunk or cussing, then she should had left

Oct 14, 2013, 4:59 PM

outside of that, and cheering injuries, ala Texans fan, everything is fair game.

Scream as loud as you want, louder the better.

We seem to be missing half the story***

Oct 14, 2013, 5:09 PM

Just my opinion.

Oct 14, 2013, 5:17 PM

Make as much noise as you want, but respect those around you and you will seldom have a problem.
Foul language is not needed to express a point, and often only makes you look juvenile. Only those which are less than mature think that being able to shock other folks is cool.
The adults seem to know otherwise.
If you don't want to look like a punk, don't put yourself on display as one.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Thanks for the TD

Oct 14, 2013, 6:19 PM

Must have hit home with that one.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

I don't disagree with you

Oct 14, 2013, 5:18 PM

but how was that guy supposed to know about who she was or her father?

Too bad not one of all those friends and family with her

Oct 14, 2013, 5:24 PM

didn't care enough for this wonderful girl (or those around her) to put an end to it before the fuzz was called. Shame.

So here's the ? - if you witness profanity, flipping the

Oct 14, 2013, 5:27 PM

bird or something like that do you first have the decency to ask the person (NICELY) to stop?

Not saying this young lady did this. If she did the coward should have asked her nicely at least a couple of times to stop.

Every season someone around us gets a little too carried away but every time I have asked (a Clemson fan) nicely to stop they have. There is no reason young kids can't go to a game if a few grown-ups have the guts to speak up when needed.

Re: So here's the ? - if you witness profanity, flipping the

Oct 14, 2013, 5:30 PM

Normally it is wasted time and all you get is grief, just avoid the confrontation and further ruining your day with a fight and call the people who are payed to control folks who don't have any self control.
If I get in a fight I go to jail and am no longer able to support the Tigers as they deserve.
Just don't make any sense.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Sorry but I disagree - when I have asked nicely (and it's

Oct 14, 2013, 5:36 PM

happened at least once a season for at least the last 10) the person has always stopped - when they're a Clemson fan.

Sorry, but I think it's kind of chicken to call the police without at least making an attempt to resolve. Kind of what's wrong with our society today - too many people afraid to stand up for what is right and would rather hide behind the government.

Re: Sorry but I disagree - when I have asked nicely (and it's

Oct 14, 2013, 5:44 PM

So you would rather risk an altercation during a game.
Obviously all Clemson fans are not very respectful or it would not have happened in the first place.
I personally am no longer in good enough shape ( due to age and injury to give a decent showing)if I were I would choose your road, but maybe he did her a favor and she will from this time realize that she is not the only one that counts.
You are only most important to yourself, not everyone around you.
This means that you can not do whatever you want, when it infringes on someone else s rights.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Thanks for another TD

Oct 14, 2013, 7:26 PM

Would rather get those than ones for being Rude.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

I tried that once and ended up punching the guy in the face

Oct 14, 2013, 6:22 PM [ in reply to So here's the ? - if you witness profanity, flipping the ]

Fortunately this was at a non-Clemson college football game. I rarely have problems at Clemson games.

This drunk ##### was dropping F-bombs constantly around my young kids and wife. I asked him to be quiet and he slurred/spittled profanities at me as he poked me in the chest. After that it was On.

BTW - I was cheered by the surrounding crowd.

Next time I'll just ask the police to handle it for me.

Yeah tell him...sounds like he was the A $ $!***

Oct 14, 2013, 6:24 PM

Feel free to sneak on the hill with the students

Oct 14, 2013, 7:07 PM

We'd be glad to have anyone willing to be loud!

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the whole story

Oct 14, 2013, 7:30 PM

I dont think we are getting the whole story. I do nit think the police were called because she was cheering loudly. Sounds like she was yelling obscenities & generally being a jerk. Perhaps even drunk and if she is under 21 then she should have been arrested.

last week

Oct 14, 2013, 7:33 PM

Last week Syracuse coach yelled & cursed Dabo across the field & most on here called him a jerk as they should. So why would you condone the same behavior from a fan.especially a Clemson fan.

I get loud and I want every Tiger fan

Oct 14, 2013, 11:21 PM

around me to be very, very loud when the opposing team has the ball. But I am not going to tolerate f-bombs, etc. that are totally unnecessary.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get loud and I want every Tiger fan

Oct 14, 2013, 11:32 PM

Be loud but don't be disrespectful. If someone complains about the noise just tell them that you are sure it is quite in their home in front of the TV.

If judging by the fact this Dixon guy has taken the time

Oct 14, 2013, 11:30 PM

to come on here and call this person out and tell what I'm sure is half the story of what was reaaaaaaaly going on with the level of this family member's excitement at the game, then I'm sure it would have been a productive and wonderful idea for the fella to turn around and tell her to chill out. There is a reason, at least at pro games, you can text stadium security for help instead of confronting the person and it isn't because the person is a wuss. It is because sometimes people and friends or family members with them are insane. Sometimes drunk and insane. Usually turning around to say something just makes the situation much, much worse.

Exactly, in LA and San Fran it is best not to get into this***

Oct 15, 2013, 12:48 AM

Don't worry. I cheered her up.***

Oct 14, 2013, 11:31 PM

You know, if evreyone just decided that the F-word wasn't a

Oct 15, 2013, 12:10 AM

big deal then it wouldn't be a problem for kids to hear it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they already decided that in england

Oct 15, 2013, 12:07 PM

seriously in england everyone says it all the time. Ever watched the British version of kitchen nightmares? Everyone says the F word and it's not bleeped and nobody cares.

It is weird how they censor stuff on TV. I was watching the

Oct 15, 2013, 8:41 PM

movie Life the other day on regular TV, probably the last funny thing Eddie Murphy has done besides his role in Tower Heist, and there is a section in that movie where he is dropping F bombs right and left that they are censoring, but G*******T was perfectly fine.

I'm glad you called him a "guy" and not a "man"

Oct 15, 2013, 8:37 PM

Because he is certainly not the latter

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic