Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Defense imposes its will, leads the way in win over Boston College
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,663

Front Page Story: Defense imposes its will, leads the way in win over Boston College

Oct 13, 2013, 9:25 AM

Defense imposes its will, leads the way in win over Boston College

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables said that his defense imposed its will on Boston College Saturday, sacking quarterback Chase Rettig five times and limiting the Eagle to just 286 total yards and 14 points. He also said that his defense is gaining the notice of other coaches. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Defense imposes its will, leads the way in win over Boston College

Oct 13, 2013, 9:45 AM

There is no denying what coach V and cast have accomplished. Starting with the bowl victory over LSU. We gave up a lot of yards to Georgia, at that time, possibly the most talented offense in the country. Other games, where stats are misleading, are games where 2nd and 3rd team guys were getting reps. Lot's of reps. The defense plays as a team. We have a running back leading the country in sacks. Wanna talk about player development? Oh, and who can discount the Tiger faithful for their contribution in the 2nd half. Go Tigers!

This defense is so far ahead of the past 2 years squads

Oct 13, 2013, 9:52 AM

But we still have this weird flaw. When we make a bad call or slip up on midfield coverage we tend to give up really huge plays. Amidon is good for sure. But there is no reason for us to have given him so many big gains. He averaged 20 per. And it's not like BC has multiple talented options for a defense to cover like we do.

Overall we were tough and stingy. But FSU is an entirely different group of talented receivers, and we cannot give them many gaps like we have other teams.

Re: Front Page Story: Defense imposes its will, leads the way in win over Boston College ***

Oct 13, 2013, 1:23 PM

Yes it is so far...

Oct 13, 2013, 1:29 PM

Ahead. Be patient. Our talent in the secondary was not on par with everywhere else on our team. They are doing something about it with this last class, but these kids are very inexperienced and learning on the job, sometimes the hard way like Kearse yesterday. It'll take a few more years to get where we need to be on that back end. But as Venables points out our front seven are playing so well it masks our deficiencies. This front seven rallies to the ball like the Ford teams of the 80s. I'm lovin' it too. Patience my friend.

Re: Front Page Story: Defense imposes its will, leads the way in win over Boston College

Oct 13, 2013, 4:53 PM

For the past three years, every analyst and enthusist have been stressing how good the offense has been for Clemson. I have always said that if the Defense hits the same level, we got a chance of the impossible run. Yesterday answered what everyone wanted to know. What happens when my boy Tajh and the offense just aren't clicking. Everyone thought that the NC State game was that game. I am happy to report it wasn't. It was this one.

While our offense is touted as the feature of this team, our defense that has been everyone's concern. It is good to be able to out score everyone. It is even better when the defense can keep a team at bay until the offense can come around.

The BC game may have bothered a lot of fans. This fan, however, saw something at the end of the second quarter that I am not sure anyone else saw. BC didn't score. As a matter of fact, did not go past the 50 yd line. This means that our offense doesn't need 40-50 points to win. The defense stays this sure up, I believe the Phil Collins song "Something in the Air" is going to be most appropriate!

GO GO GET 'EM!!!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,663
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic