Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: What makes a player risk millions and injury? Being a leader demands it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: What makes a player risk millions and injury? Being a leader demands it

Oct 8, 2013, 8:47 PM

What makes a player risk millions and injury? Being a leader demands it

Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd stands to make millions in the NFL, but gives everything he has on football Saturdays. When he dives into a pile at the goal line, he isn't thinking about his future, only about the program he has come to love. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All You Coot Lurkers read this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Oct 8, 2013, 8:49 PM

Re: All You Coot Lurkers read this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Oct 8, 2013, 9:03 PM

No COOT has Boyd's character or anything close to him!GO TIGERS!

Oct 8, 2013, 9:38 PM

As a "coot lurker", I'll really take that to heart. You are so obviously a rational, logical thinker. We are so fortunate to have you on this site to keep us lesser mortals straight.

Tell 'em coot

Oct 8, 2013, 9:39 PM

smh

Oct 8, 2013, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: All You Coot Lurkers read this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*** ]

You're a very low self asteem person that is hungry for conversation with his rivals that actually wish you would just go away!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2013, 10:08 PM

He lacks the capacity to engage in any type of meaningful conversation. "Coot lurkers ??" That's his best shot. Pathetic.

Get Fresh Sonny-Boy

Oct 9, 2013, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: All You Coot Lurkers read this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*** ]

You've used that re-tread reply before..

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: All You Coot Lurkers read this--- Lattimore

Oct 8, 2013, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: All You Coot Lurkers read this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*** ]

Lattimore was a special player and young man.... gave it his all everytime he went on the field....

Oct 8, 2013, 9:33 PM [ in reply to All You Coot Lurkers read this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*** ]

Didn't quite get it. Do you speak English?

Tell 'em coot

Oct 8, 2013, 9:38 PM

LOL

Re: Tell 'em coot

Oct 8, 2013, 9:41 PM

OMG, can anyone be that clueless or just plain ignorant?

Oct 9, 2013, 10:04 PM [ in reply to All You Coot Lurkers read this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*** ]

I couldn't really make out your message. "Coot lurkers"?? Does that mean anyone who doesn't happens not to agree with you? Man, you have a language of your own----which I think is about a 3rd grade level.

A brilliantly timed and placed piece of innuendo

Oct 8, 2013, 8:53 PM

Love it.

Great article David.***

Oct 8, 2013, 8:57 PM

Re: Great article David.***

Oct 8, 2013, 9:43 PM

Thanks. Appreciate it. Love the tigers.

And to think......

Oct 8, 2013, 8:58 PM

all the Coots have....is Clowney!!

mull that one over for a minute or two!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sends a clear message to another certain player***

Oct 8, 2013, 8:58 PM

Re: Sends a clear message to another certain player***

Oct 8, 2013, 9:49 PM

I agree. Including Shaq, who is becoming a beast, we have some other studs at DE, who have the potential to become big-time players. And, look at who we are red-shirting! Uh-yah!

WHO?!?***

Oct 8, 2013, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Sends a clear message to another certain player*** ]

Let's be fair...

Oct 8, 2013, 9:07 PM

UScar has Conner Shaw and Mike Davis. Clowney is a huge character flawed individual, no doubt. But the other two are not.

Let's keep it real.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's be fair...

Oct 8, 2013, 9:54 PM

Let's not get delusional: Carolina may be the best team
we play this year. The rest of the schedule is brutal. I hope we can pull it off, but it is going to be as hard as it gets.

You just self-identified as a coot lurker in this thread and now you

Oct 9, 2013, 12:23 AM

are trying to pass yourself off as a Tigers fan?

Chickens ain't that smart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You just self-identified as a coot lurker in this thread and now you

Oct 9, 2013, 10:10 PM

Get back on your meds.

Re: You just self-identified as a coot lurker in this thread and now you

Oct 9, 2013, 10:44 PM

I'm just going by your post. If the quotes around "coot lurker" is supposed to mean you are not a coot lurker, that is not clear - there are multiple ways to interpret your post. Your low pulse suggests you are, in fact, a coot.

YOUR POST:

dgcannon

Amateur [42]
TigerPulse: 34%

Followers: 1
Re: All You Coot Lurkers read this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ *** [1]
Posted: Oct 8, 2013 9:38 PM

As a "coot lurker", I'll really take that to heart. You are so obviously a rational, logical thinker. We are so fortunate to have you on this site to keep us lesser mortals straight.

Finely woven scheme, Chicken Little***

Oct 9, 2013, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's be fair... ]

Re: Let's be fair...

Oct 9, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's be fair... ]

>Carolina may be the best team we play this year
>Carolina may be the best team
>Carolina the best
>Carolina

Oh god someone please sew my sides back together lol

Re: Front Page Story: What makes a player risk millions and injury? Being a leader demands it

Oct 8, 2013, 9:13 PM

Well said! If a guy, any guy, chooses to return to play another year, he needs to act and play like a member of the team. We had a guy like that not long ago who seemed to be very cautious about his play after a game, and most of us still think a little less of him for it. If you say I'm going to play, then play like you're all in and like you care about your mates and your program. If you can'y do that, just stay under the porch and let the big dogs eat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto... But let's acknowledge this isn't just at Clemson...

Oct 8, 2013, 9:23 PM

Mike Davis and Conner Shaw are in the same class... Let's be fair here.

Now I do think the % of Clemson players exceeds the coot's players who are like this, but they have some too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you call your own "coots"?***

Oct 8, 2013, 9:31 PM

No offense to anyone but, Shaw is a friggin warrior******

Oct 8, 2013, 9:47 PM

Yeah, that is why the host of 560 The Team (their radio show

Oct 8, 2013, 9:49 PM

said "when Connor is hurt he makes sure everyone knows it".

I think the kid has played hurt but I also wonder if he is always in as much pain as he acts. If he is then he probably shouldn't be playing.

True, but I always thought his injuries were legitimate

Oct 8, 2013, 9:55 PM

he sure does seem to heal fast. ;)

Re: True, but I always thought his injuries were legitimate

Oct 8, 2013, 10:23 PM

Some can play through pain.... I saw Sammy limp off the field after one of the longest receptions in Clemson history... that is what warriors do....:)

Oct 9, 2013, 9:33 PM

That's because he half asst it off the line and then when he realized Boyd was coming his way he had to find another gear and strained something the process.

Oct 9, 2013, 8:31 AM [ in reply to True, but I always thought his injuries were legitimate ]

Now that I do agree with. Miraculous recoveries are possible, I guess (but not really all that likely). Still he does seem to have a lot of drive and a desire to please spurlid. Ever notice when a play they have goes well, how he looks over to steve as if seeking approval?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ditto... But let's acknowledge this isn't just at Clemson...

Oct 9, 2013, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Ditto... But let's acknowledge this isn't just at Clemson... ]

Since this is a Clemson board, there is no fairness requirement", but both of them are warriors. I certainly wish Davis had chosen us, but he wanted to blaze his own trail, I guess. He has a lot of talent and a lot of heart, and so does Shaw. Sad they have to play for spurlid, though.

Re: Mike Davis and Conner Shaw are in the same class

Oct 9, 2013, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Ditto... But let's acknowledge this isn't just at Clemson... ]

I think Conner Shaw is a good QB but let's be honest. Playing hurt isn't something he has done a ton of. He may have actually sat out more snaps than Clowney... Just Sayin'

Re: Front Page Story: What makes a player risk millions and injury? Being a leader demands it

Oct 8, 2013, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: What makes a player risk millions and injury? Being a leader demands it ]

We just don't have a power running back to get the tough yards, so we have to risk Tajh. Tyshone Dye who was supposed to be that guy seems to be injured forever. This may be our Achiles Hell. I love R. McDowell. but a big, bruising, game-changer he is not. The rest of the RB's are average. I doubt that we can ultimately win without that, but all is posible.

Zac Brooks has potential

Oct 9, 2013, 10:02 AM

I would say so does Hot Rod but this is his last year.

But if brooks gains some lean muscle weight and bulks up some, hold hell will he be good. Brooks would be a huge power back for most college teams. I remember his play against UGA where he carried the ball a few yards up the middle for a first down. All You saw was the UGA DLine getting dragged forward by some orange clad beast with his dreads flying everywhere. He blew the Dline away. With another year and some intensive S&C training in the off season, Brooks can get really big and really mean.

Dye and Brooks could end up like Gurley and Marshall, except better and with less injuries.

Oct 8, 2013, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: What makes a player risk millions and injury? Being a leader demands it ]

i think the guy you are talking about played all year with cracked ribs.... you throw a football with cracked ribs

Oct 8, 2013, 9:42 PM

Thank you David for giving Tajh the positive props he so deserves!!! He has been without a doubt one of Clemson's greatest players, leaders and representatives of the University. Tajh is such an admirable young man in every way and I certainly hope he is nicely rewarded for all of this at the end of the season and in his future. Love Tajh and so proud he is our QB and our big star. Mr. Clowney should take some notes since he is the complete opposite!

This is a direct shot at USuC and I love it. #### em.

Oct 8, 2013, 10:09 PM

Go Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

How ironic that Clowney said Tajh was afraid of him and now

Oct 9, 2013, 12:27 AM

it turns out Clowney is afraid to even play ... he's afraid of everybody, including Kentucky.

.... karma bites again

"But he's in the A She She."

Oct 8, 2013, 11:48 PM

"Human beings in the A She She don't hit people as hard and don't injure people as bad as human beings in the SEC."

-Every Dumb Coot Ever

I love Tajh but this article is missing the point

Oct 9, 2013, 12:24 AM

The difference between Clowney and Boyd is that Boyd still has a lot to be gained in the eye's of scouts. Clowney, on the other hand, is a undisputed number one pick, and didnt even need to play another game to secure this selection. An injury, such as the one Lattimore or D. Bowers suffered can be the difference in being the number one pick or the 100th pick. That's a small fortune in terms of money lost.

With that said, if Clowney were going to bring this mindset to the season he would've been better off staying home and giving up his scholarship.

Still, while in college Boyd and Clowney have similar value on the field, there's no comparison in potential pro value at this point. The "holier than thou-my best player is tougher than your best player" attitude is just Clemson fanhood needing to feel some kind of validation from the dysfunction of our rivals. I'm happy to be a Clemson fan independent of anything that goes on at USC.

Re: I love Tajh but this article is missing the point

Oct 9, 2013, 3:01 AM

Do you really think when Tajh puts it on the line he's thinking about whether his starting salary in the NFL will be $9 million per year vs. $7 million per year? Tajh does it because he's a man with impeachable character. Clowney is a selfish baby.

Re: I love Tajh but this article is missing the point

Oct 9, 2013, 12:27 PM

The numbers are closer to 0-1million (fourth round pick or later) and 10-20 million (first round pick). That's significant.

I'm not questioning Tajh Boyd's character; from all accounts it is unimpeachable; I'm saying it's not fair to compare these two guys because their situations in terms of future earnings is completely different. I'm simply taking my "fandom" out of the equation and being logical.

unimpeachable character ****

Oct 9, 2013, 3:15 AM [ in reply to I love Tajh but this article is missing the point ]

Only an undisputed number pick because Jax is desperate

Oct 9, 2013, 7:40 AM [ in reply to I love Tajh but this article is missing the point ]

He'll be the biggest bust of this age.

-Doc

Oct 9, 2013, 2:04 AM

Boyd and his teammates are exactly the opposite of Jadeveon Clowney. They are loyal, upstanding tigers which , building on a good character and upbringing earlier in life , Clemson breathes into its players and students as a whole.

since this is your first post, i just want to say welcome to

Oct 9, 2013, 2:40 AM

t-net. here's you a point to get you started off in the right direction.

Oct 9, 2013, 9:52 AM

Excellent post COOT!!!!!!

davis & shaw???

Oct 9, 2013, 11:16 AM

Mike Davis slammed the Clemson program when we told him not to come (because of his attitude) and I've met Shaw several times while hanging out with friends in Columbia and he may be the biggest d-bag I've ever talked to... He was extremely arrogant.. I will say he's tough as nails though. These guys interview well but real life is another story...

Oct 9, 2013, 4:59 PM

The action you describe as a "scrum" would more accurately be termed a "ruck". Sportscasters consistently misuse that term. :)

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic