Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Inside the trip to Syracuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Inside the trip to Syracuse

Oct 1, 2013, 10:00 PM

Inside the trip to Syracuse

For those Tiger fans wanting to make the trip to Syracuse this weekend, a Syracuse insider gives some tips and do's and don'ts of a trip to the Carrier Dome. Photo Credit: Rich Barnes/USA Today Sports Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eats

Oct 1, 2013, 10:09 PM

Friend of mine out here in NM said Dinosaur is a must. Gonna have to grab some of that for tailgating.

Re: Front Page Story: Inside the trip to Syracuse

Oct 1, 2013, 10:10 PM

Is it true that the Carrier Dome isn't air conditioned and it may be stuffy?

Oct 1, 2013, 10:12 PM

The rumor is true...there is no air conditioning in the Carrier Dome.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2013, 10:34 PM

A bit ironic that a Dome named after an air conditioning company doesn't have A/C.

There are windows/vents around top of stadium--you'll notice they will open and close throughout the game.

This was where I went to watch college football games as a kid. Wish I could find a way to get back this weekend, but alas...

Can't be as bad as Texas A&M in 2004 when our busses

Oct 1, 2013, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Inside the trip to Syracuse ]

didn't have any AC

GO TIGERS

Is the BBQ sauce mustard based?

Oct 2, 2013, 12:35 AM

And if not, why is the resteraunt mentioned in this article?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So much for my recommendation for Korean BBQ restaurants.***

Oct 2, 2013, 1:34 AM

Re: Is the BBQ sauce mustard based?

Oct 2, 2013, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Is the BBQ sauce mustard based? ]

Keep an open mind on the Dinosaur...they have several different sauce flavors, but the attraction outside the food is the surly wait staff and the excellent live blues music. http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com

I lived in Syracuse for a few years...

Oct 2, 2013, 5:02 AM

I always remember knowing when my flight was getting close to home because I'd look out the plane window and see nothing but clouds. It's never sunny in Syracuse. I also remember a guy from Buffalo telling me one of their expressions - "Buffalo gets the reputation, but Syracuse gets the snow."

Oct 2, 2013, 6:53 AM

Good info for anyone making the trip up there this weekend. I would love to go and try out the BBQ restaurant. I guarantee you it's not the best BBQ in the country. Anytime you see a place rated like that you need to check out who did the ratings. Not saying they don't have good BBQ but what's good to some is not so good to others. They are so many ways to cook ribs or pulled pork. I'm do feel sure I would like it and wish I was able to go just to eat at the place and then come back home and watch the game on tv.

Oct 2, 2013, 7:27 AM

I don't know if Dinosaur BBQ can lay claim to "best in the country" but I do know it's pretty much universally loved by anyone in Syracuse. It's *always* the very first restaurant anyone recommends to me when I go up there. (I have quite a few friends in/around the area). I'd say it's a safe bet that you'd enjoy a meal there regardless of your BBQ allegiances in SC.

Oct 2, 2013, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Inside the trip to Syracuse ]

Its an awesome place, awesome food, but you are absolutely correct, its not the best bbq in the country. Its reputation got a little ahead of itself over the last 5 years. Definitely go if you get a chance though

Oct 2, 2013, 8:48 AM

> Its an awesome place, awesome food, but you are
> absolutely correct, its not the best bbq in the
> country. Its reputation got a little ahead of itself
> over the last 5 years. Definitely go if you get a
> chance though

I agree with that...it is a chain basically now. Quality is good but I've had better BBQ in TX. I actually love Good Q from TX, Memphis, Carolinas (all their types).

Dino this weekend will be overrun by fans of both teams. You should be able to see some sweet bikes out front though. Warning be prepared for a wait...the good news is you can drink a cold one outside waiting.

If you have a few hours on Friday and want a nice sidetrip for a waterview and s Fish Sandwich or a Hofmann Coney drive to Oswego. It is about 45 mins NW and is on Lake Ontario. The downtown area of Oswego has a nice sidewalk along the river. You can watch the Salmon Fishing.

Try this place for a meal on the shore of Lake Ontario.
http://rudyshot.com/sample-page/

One thing most can agree on regarding the best BBQ

Oct 2, 2013, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Inside the trip to Syracuse ]

Research, Research, and more research. ;)

Goingtrip to Syracuse - See This link first!!!!!!

Oct 2, 2013, 8:09 AM

http://www.texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com

Maybe the saice is vinegar-based

Oct 2, 2013, 8:28 AM

Which all sane people know is the best sauce

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I just can't accept the Number 1 BBQ place is

Oct 2, 2013, 10:44 AM

in upstate NY. Lexington NC gets my vote....again!

Re: I just can't accept the Number 1 BBQ place is

Oct 3, 2013, 2:52 PM

The number 1 BBQ is in Anderson ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kingstree SC - Brown's***

Oct 3, 2013, 4:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saturday Special at the Dome.

Oct 2, 2013, 11:35 AM

Who knows if Syracuse has the best BBQ. Probably not, but atleast they try. For example, this saturday only at tailgates all around the dome there will be an abundance of Tiger meat. Our head tailgate chef (randy sindoni) says he will put the tiger on the grill around 12 pm. He will slow cook it until about 7 pm. By the meat will be falling off the bone. You can use whatever style of bbq sauce you prefer, but one thing is for sure, around 6:30- 7 the tiger will be done and ready for comsumption. Bon Appetit!

A couple of things about Dinosaur...

Oct 2, 2013, 2:40 PM

First and foremost, it's a great scene and atmosphere. It won't be the best BBQ you've ever had, but it is good and it's a great value-- a lot of food for your money. Definitely worth the trip.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A couple of things about Dinosaur...

Oct 3, 2013, 12:35 PM

Have been to the Dinosaur in Syracuse numerous times (our sons football team was at the Carrier Dome for state championships), and if you like the Dinosaur there, you will like the one in Rochester, even better! You can also find the sauces at the Wegmans Markets in both cities. Wegmans is rated the best grocery markets in the U.S. They won't disappoint there! Our youngest son teaches a classroom in the Bronx, NY, and has named the classroom Clemson...so the entire classroom is in Orange and Purple, and the kids are very enthusiastic about cheering on Clemson....the classroom even does the Tiger Rag!

Oct 3, 2013, 3:43 PM

For a good hot dog, check out Heid's of Liverpool. It was on Man vs. Food. For good Chinese, China Road in Mattydale is great and authentic. For great Polish food, Eva's European Sweets in Solvay is great.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic