Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Dabo talks Bryant and Battle discipline, Watkins wreck and previews Wake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Dabo talks Bryant and Battle discipline, Watkins wreck and previews Wake

Sep 24, 2013, 12:54 PM

Dabo talks Bryant and Battle discipline, Watkins wreck and previews Wake

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney previews this weekend's Homecoming game against Wake Forest, talks about discipline for receiver Martavis Bryant and the wreck of defensive Carlos Watkins during his Tuesday press conference. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo makes good sense..upbeat..positive..and growing up too!

Sep 24, 2013, 1:10 PM

Go#3TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Dabo talks Bryant and Battle discipline, Watkins wreck and previews Wake

Sep 24, 2013, 1:22 PM

i don't feel as comfortable as dabo with the secondary. i don't see a nastiness there that is needed. breeland has good talent--could play at the next level--does he want it? #11 has talent, but did not play as well vs ncs, must be more consistent. #26 has his moments. tackling, tackling, tackling is a must; tackle high, that way you never miss. there is alot of work to be done here. be nasty guys!

The CBs have been okay for the most part

Sep 24, 2013, 1:26 PM

It's the safeties that need to improve and even that is more so in terms of run support. So far other then one bust against SC ST the secondary hasn't given up huge chunk plays that was prevalent last year. They're still not a strength by any means nor would I call them pretty good. Right now their decent and hopefully as Blanks and Smith improve they'll improve as a whole.

I think that so goes our defensive line.......

Sep 24, 2013, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Dabo talks Bryant and Battle discipline, Watkins wreck and previews Wake ]

so goes our secondary. I realize that a strong rush is important to any secondary, but to ours, its crucial. We have to get our safeties coached up and our cb's more physical. The team that handles our rush will take apart our secondary.

Blanks was a mess against NCSU as far as I could see

Sep 24, 2013, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Dabo talks Bryant and Battle discipline, Watkins wreck and previews Wake ]

I agree. Not only is our secondary not as aggressive as it should be, but they were horrible at tackling off and on. Venables really has his work cut out.

I agree............

Sep 24, 2013, 2:05 PM

I thought that Blanks was the second coming of Kinard but he has not been very good so far this year. On single coverage he's been getting beat like a drum and he has missed a LOT of tackles. Hopefully, its a learning process but I thought that he was way ahead of the curve like Sammy. He and Smith have the "potential" of been VERY good by the end of the year and outstanding in the future. We shall see.???????

Re: I agree............

Sep 24, 2013, 3:24 PM

Ah he has played 3 games as a safety... 3.. he was a different player last year because of the old guys behind him.. they werent very good , so it made him look good... give the kid a chance... its a long way to November.

Re: I agree............

Sep 24, 2013, 8:34 PM [ in reply to I agree............ ]

What is the story with MacKenzie? The staff has been so vague as to what might be wrong with him. Anyone have any info?

Smith & G-Pete were lost & probably voted "off the island"

Sep 24, 2013, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Blanks was a mess against NCSU as far as I could see ]

this week in practice if they don't learn their assignments or how to tackle.

Re: Blanks was a mess against NCSU as far as I could see

Sep 24, 2013, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Blanks was a mess against NCSU as far as I could see ]

Hate to agree, but I do. Barring major improvement, this will catch up with us in a big way.

Re: Front Page Story: Dabo talks Bryant and Battle discipline, Watkins wreck and previews Wake

Sep 24, 2013, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Dabo talks Bryant and Battle discipline, Watkins wreck and previews Wake ]

I totally agree. Our secondary is still extremely suspect. Sad to hear that Timothy Giff has a "concussion." Must have hit his head getting out of his car. I haven't seen him hit any other other player all year.

My only hope or wish or prayer if for Boyd to prove

Sep 24, 2013, 2:00 PM

Morris right that the "switch was turned" at play 59 or whatever. Be efficient and effective. And avoid interceptions like he has so far this season.

If he gets back to playing instinctively and not thinking too hard like Morris claims, we can stand all the troubles we have with the secondary and all else.

Re: My only hope or wish or prayer if for Boyd to prove

Sep 24, 2013, 3:27 PM

3 and OH baby .. go worry somewhere else.. we should be 7 and 00 before we hit the bump.. just enjoy,, or .. are u pulling a CLemson ..lol worry worry fret.. worry worry fret..lol

What Gesture?

Sep 24, 2013, 4:00 PM

are they talking about with Bryant? was it the one after his first TD when he was doing the throat cut one?

Re: What Gesture?

Sep 25, 2013, 4:34 PM

Yep. Can't believe a penalty didn't get called. The refs missed it, just like the out of bounds call!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic