Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - NC State Edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - NC State Edition

Sep 18, 2013, 12:33 PM

Tiger Tidbits - NC State Edition

In the latest edition of Tiger Tidbits we talk about Charone Peake, Jae'lon Oglesby, Chandler Catanzaro, Thursday night games and more. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure how, but NC State ranks 11th nationally in time of

Sep 18, 2013, 1:27 PM

possession and 43rd in rushing offense.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/23/p1

I think from our standpoint where we rank in Time of possession is meaningless, but playing a team that can grind it out is our best chance for getting upset (assuming we're not playing our best game). That being said, NCST always plays one of the weakest out of conference schedules in the ACC.

Stats are meaningless this early in the season and early on

Sep 18, 2013, 1:58 PM

there are often weird statistical anomalies.

73% of statistics after week 3 are meaningless. *******

Sep 18, 2013, 2:01 PM

null

Re: Not sure how, but NC State ranks 11th nationally in time of

Sep 18, 2013, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Not sure how, but NC State ranks 11th nationally in time of ]

Playing La Tech and Richmond in the first 2 games, I'd hope they were in the top 50 in some stat category.

Re: Not sure how, but NC State ranks 11th nationally in time of

Sep 18, 2013, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Not sure how, but NC State ranks 11th nationally in time of ]

With our Dl, I can't see them grinding it out against us. Then they will be forced to try and beat us with
the pass, and we will chew up their quarterback. Maybe I'm dreaming but I can see us overpowering N.C State. Hopefully a statement game for us. Glad their coach has been running his mouth. We'll see.

Did any Fuss about Cat Man in 2010? He was a Freshman***

Sep 18, 2013, 2:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

my only fuss was him being put in that situation in his 1st

Sep 18, 2013, 3:07 PM

game. we should've won that game in regulation. that game still sticks in my crawl!!!

Mr. Hood, any word on oglesby's acedemics???

Sep 18, 2013, 3:04 PM

word on the street is that he may not get in. is this a foregone conclusion or does he have a good chance? if he doesn't will he head to hargrave? what are you hearing on this??

Re: Mr. Hood, any word on oglesby's acedemics???

Sep 18, 2013, 5:44 PM

That is still a big question mark. I don't think anyone knows for sure what will happen with his grades. I would say - just based off what I have heard - that if today were the deadline he would have trouble.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me tell you why we're going to win

Sep 18, 2013, 4:59 PM

The coaches obviously have been harping on 2011 to this year's team, as they rightly should. Humble Tigers will be playing tomorrow.

The #1 reason though, is that Mike Glennon is gone. He WAS NC State's offense, him and Tobias Palmer, and both of them are gone now. Their passing game so far this year? One touchdown. Five interceptions. They haven't exactly played a tough two games, either. If the defense plays smart and plays their assignments, I don't see this being close at all. This is not the same NC State team we've been seeing when Glennon was the starter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me tell you why we're going to win

Sep 18, 2013, 10:54 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with what they will do. And if Glennon were playing, it wouldn't make a hoot in he$$. We'd still put him on his back. We have a new defensive culture that is taking shape thanks to Brent Venables. It's no longer finesse, it's becoming warrior. We've already faced one of the top quarterbacks in the country, and made his life less than comfortable.
Did we not sack the LSU quarterback six times? We have some animals playing defense now, and they take no prisoners. If I'm over optimistic, I stand to be corrected.

Thanx for jinxing Catman. Is it bad luck to be superstitious***

Sep 18, 2013, 5:41 PM

Here's why CU should roll. Check out talent differential...

Sep 18, 2013, 5:43 PM

O'Brien left the cupboard bare while Dabo's staff has recruited well.
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2013/9/18/4743558/2013-clemson-nc-state-depth-chart-analysis

43% of all stats

Sep 18, 2013, 9:41 PM

are made up on the spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 43% of all stats

Sep 18, 2013, 10:33 PM

i heard it was 67.5%? ;)

Re: 43% of all stats

Sep 18, 2013, 11:24 PM [ in reply to 43% of all stats ]

Half or more of "talent" is work ethic. It all begins in the weight room. With the equipment and nutrition available today, virtually any player can transform his body and playing ability---if he has the heart and motivation. These "stars" are only an indiction of possible potential. Potential and .75 cents will get you a cup of coffee, and nothing more. Why wouldn't any player playing at a top Division-1 program not want to
turn himself into a beast If he doesn't have that burning desire, he shouldn't be playing football at a division-1 shool, especially at Clemson.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic