Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zac Brown on Luke Bryan: “Worst Song Ive Ever Heard"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 3,983

Zac Brown on Luke Bryan: “Worst Song Ive Ever Heard"

Sep 18, 2013, 10:19 AM

Finally someone steps up about this Horse #### they pawn off on us as Country Music

“If I hear one more tailgate in the moonlight, daisy duke song, I wanna throw up. There’s songs out there on the radio right now that make me ashamed to be even in the same format as some other artist.”

Zac Brown on Luke Bryan Hit: “This New Song Is the Worst Song I’ve Ever Heard”

Zac Brown blasted what’s on country radio today, saying a lot of it made him want to throw up.

“There’s not a lot of the country format that I really enjoy listening to,” he told Vancouver’s 93.7 JRfm. “If I hear one more tailgate in the moonlight, daisy duke song, I wanna throw up. There’s songs out there on the radio right now that make me ashamed to be even in the same format as some other artist.”

And Zac took aim at Luke Bryan’s “That’s My Kind of Night.”

“I love Luke Bryan and he’s had some great songs,” Zac said, “but this new song is the worst song I’ve ever heard.

“I see it being giant commercially, successful within what is called country music these days, but I also feel like that the people deserve something better than that.”

Wow.

“I’m opinionated because I care so much about the music and the songs,” he says.

Zac isn’t the only country artist to be critical of country hits these days. Kacey Musgraves recently bashed songs about trucks in a magazine interview

http://www.countryweekly.com/news/zac-brown-luke-bryan-hit-new-song-worst-song-ive-ever-heard

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

This is harmful to the Clemson men's football team***

Sep 18, 2013, 10:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

We're Too Deep,,,like the bottom of this bottle.

Sep 18, 2013, 10:33 AM

Country Remix

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the worst post I've ever seen on Tigerboard.***

Sep 18, 2013, 10:35 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amphitheater, what is it for, and how does it work?***

Sep 18, 2013, 10:37 AM

Best Is The Standard

Amphitheater: Discuss non-sports related Clemson Topics here***

Sep 18, 2013, 11:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I have to agree with Zac - country music is struggling

Sep 18, 2013, 10:36 AM

with country/rap crossover crap. I'm sick of it to the point that sometimes I tune into WCCP 104.9

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was playing some Waylon Jennings in my truck the other

Sep 18, 2013, 10:45 AM

day .. my 10 yr old daughter said .. "This isn't country music, I wish you would play Blake Shelton .. now that's country music" SMDH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad!***

Sep 18, 2013, 10:50 AM

Did you whip her with your hand or a belt?

Sep 18, 2013, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Was playing some Waylon Jennings in my truck the other ]

Fix her now before you lose her.

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Re: Zac Brown on Luke Bryan: “Worst Song Ive Ever Heard"

Sep 18, 2013, 10:43 AM

www.savingcountrymusic.com

is a great website for keeping up with whats new in REAL country music.

More and more artist are speaking out about the latest trend in pop country music.

Atleast the opry got it right last night inducting Old Crow Medicine Show

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zac Brown could take a couple notes from Waylon GD Jennings***

Sep 18, 2013, 10:44 AM

I've always questioned if...

Sep 18, 2013, 10:45 AM

Zac Brown is really country. He fits in the americana/random category. I do like Zac Brown though.

I like Luke Bryan too, but he gets a little more commercialized (as Zac puts it) with each album. His early stuff was pretty country and had a unique sound. he has definitely been 'Nashvilled' as they say. I still like him and go to his concerts as he puts on a pretty good show.

Sadly, Ive hear his new song enough to actually like it a little now. I thought it was awful the first time I heard it though.

Hank III said it best, "Pop Country really sucks!"***

Sep 18, 2013, 11:05 AM

Is Zack Brown

Sep 18, 2013, 11:08 AM

a tight end? I don't see his name on the roster anywhere.I have trouble understanding how country music and Clemson football mix on the day before a big game, Just me I guess/

Because it is in the Amphitheater - click on the football

Sep 18, 2013, 4:50 PM

board only and you don't have to see all the rest of the stuff.

For a minute, I thought this was referring to Zac Brooks.***

Sep 18, 2013, 11:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I'm sorry, but almost all of todays "country" music is

Sep 18, 2013, 11:16 AM

so terrible and unrecognizable from Pop Music that they may as well be the same genre....on the same station. Country is Roscoe Holcomb's, "Moonshiner" and "Born and Raised in Covington". You Tube those songs and tell me I'm wrong. I can not listen to modern country with how pop culture it has become.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is nothing new...

Sep 18, 2013, 11:30 AM

you want some good country music, tune in to WNCW.org Sundays at 11am for Country Gold...comes on right after The Gospel Truth. That is a good day of music.

Oh and Clemson Football is the best.***

Sep 18, 2013, 11:30 AM

Sep 18, 2013, 11:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3v88o6OuOk

One of my favorites

Sep 18, 2013, 11:54 AM

I just want to know....why in the hell the radio stations cant play any hank Jr?? His newest cd is awesome....no-one can come close to Hank and Waylon....but I also can appreciate the hotness of Aldean and Luke! Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!Zac Brown needs to just shut up.

all genres are getting to be one thing

Sep 18, 2013, 11:58 AM

mainstream hip hop is awful now as is mainstream country

Does Zac remember that piece of crap song he wrote, "Chicken

Sep 18, 2013, 2:16 PM

Fried"...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

Re: Does Zac remember that piece of crap song he wrote, "Chicken

Sep 18, 2013, 2:24 PM

That song was great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deere Zach, I like my chicken fried. LMMFAO. Hypocrite!

Sep 18, 2013, 3:28 PM

Pot calling kettle black.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2013, 3:30 PM

Part of our Gameday tradition is as soon as we start rolling on Saturday morning... we play Willie Nelson's "Whiskey River". Nothing better than that song on a fall day rolling through the SC backroads. Betcha Zac likes that one.

Saw Zac Brown a couple of weeks ago

Sep 18, 2013, 3:36 PM

One of the most underrated musicians I have seen in a while. He got on stage with String Cheese and Further (Bob Weir and Phil Lesh from Grateful Dead) and he can flat tear a guitar's a$$ up!! I agree, Luke Bryan is a sell out...seen him when he was nobody at GA Southern and he played at my fraternity house while I was Tech--don't even listen to him anymore.

Other than the Panic shows at that festival (Interlocken), Zac Brown was by far the most impressive IMO

Clay Cook often tweets about music he hates.

Sep 19, 2013, 12:23 AM

It is funny. Problem is he seems to be a fan of John Mayer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is Clay Cook?***

Sep 19, 2013, 7:40 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A singer/songwriter type. I think he mostly

Sep 19, 2013, 8:55 AM

plays with Zac Brown.

He is the one that jams out Charlie Starr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx1NycvpGHc

Not the best voice, some times tries to go out of his range.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRzwdpuhq4s

Message was edited by: aerozeptallica®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's the worst song he's ever heard, he's never

Sep 19, 2013, 7:57 AM

listened to Brad Paisley or Toby Keith

To many are tying to be rock stars and hollywood freaks

Sep 19, 2013, 8:46 AM

which ruins it for me.

Zac, take that hat off in the summer time.

You all know my rant about being spoonfed mindless corporate

Sep 19, 2013, 8:56 AM

pop drivel (which the bulk of country radio is), so I'll just leave this here for those so inclined to click through, in case you actually have a soul and would like to feed it.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 3,983
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic