Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Michael's Story
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Michael's Story

Sep 12, 2013, 10:20 PM

Michael's Story

Not many Clemson fans know the name Michael Sobeski, but his story is a good one. His sister, Hannah Sobeski, was a big Clemson fan but didn't get the chance to attend Clemson. He plays for her and others that never got the chance he has been given. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great article as always Mr. Hood

Sep 12, 2013, 10:29 PM

Thanks for sharing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great article as always Mr. Hood

Sep 12, 2013, 10:30 PM

Thank you...I love letting our fans see the other side of our players. And this is definitely a story worth sharing.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2013, 11:40 PM

I'm setting here with my laptop in my lap trying to read the comments through flowing tears. David I am a hard man, but stories like this just crushes this rock in my chest to a powdery dust. We aren't promised a day on this earth. But there are days that we waste like we have forever. Our forever can end at any second. Thanks for this story!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2013, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Great article as always Mr. Hood ]

Oh man, there are no words.

Powerful, amazing, inspiring story. Thanks to the family for

Sep 12, 2013, 10:30 PM

sharing.

And very well done, David.

GO T I G E R S ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Front Page Story: Michael's Story

Sep 12, 2013, 10:35 PM

wow! one of the best stories I have read on tigernet.

what a fine young man.

thank you.

Absolutely moving.

Sep 12, 2013, 10:45 PM

Many thanks for this story.

Go Tigers!

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WOW!!!....I've had to get up and.....

Sep 13, 2013, 1:36 PM

close my office door to keep the guys and gals that I work with from seeing (or hearing) me sobbing.....what a story. Thanks David for putting that "to print". Once again, sitting in Death Valley watching my Tigers run down "THE HILL" will, from this point foward,...take on an 'additional' meaning for me. I wouldn't be surprised if ole #75, Mr. Sobeski, hears his name in big cheers at some point during the Wake Forest game. I know he wants to remain under the radar, but I may just be the one leading that cheer..."SO-BES-KI"....SO-BES-KI"........

Sep 12, 2013, 10:51 PM

Great story. Thanks for letting us see behind the helmets.

Sep 12, 2013, 10:59 PM

Absolutely a wonderful story. The best!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A very inspiring and a moving story ...

Sep 12, 2013, 11:00 PM

I can never know what it is like to stand in Michael's shoes each Saturday, but like David, we share the loss of a sister and this really hit home.

Cherishing and honoring her memory in all that you do and NEVER forgetting her is the only way to cope with such a tragic loss.

I'm pulling for you both more than ever Michael and David. Just wow!

Thanks for sharing and keeping us all focused on what really matters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2013, 11:19 PM

Just a wonderful and moving story. Thanks for sharing it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Story...

Sep 12, 2013, 11:20 PM

Glad Michael is able to live out his sister's dream and make such a significant contribution to the success of the football team. He won't be nameless any more, and rightly so.

Good job, David. Now, can we tell the World?

Sep 12, 2013, 11:33 PM

Cannabis Cures Cancer? Cannabis CURES Cancer!!!! There is NO need for anyone to die from this disease EVER again. Not only does Cannabis Cure Cancer, but many other things do as well. Please do your own research and don't believe ME. Don't let your loved ones die so needlessly. The cures are REAL. Close your eyes at your own peril. Open them, and you will SEE. Follow allopathic medicine and die. Follow your heart and live.

Peace!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

wow..likely many tear-filled eyes for that one.........***

Sep 12, 2013, 11:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

I was definitely watered up.***

Sep 13, 2013, 9:57 AM

Such an inspiring story and such a wonderful young lady.

Sep 13, 2013, 12:24 AM

I can see why Michael is so proud of her and I know she would be so proud of him. Really brings tears to your eyes.

well done.

Sep 13, 2013, 1:24 AM

Excellent article and three cheers for the Sobeski's and to all who struggle with tragedy to then find hope and healing.
Loved it !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Great Man

Sep 13, 2013, 3:19 AM

While I never had the chance to go to college when I was younger I am proud to be a Clemson man. While I did not attend school there I am blessed enough to have my son as a sophomore at Clemson. Through him I am able to see my dream. My son bleeds orange and is proud to be a Clemson man! However, no one is prouder then me he is a Tiger. This story and this young man is the reason why Tiger fans are the Best in the nation. Michael's story is very moving and we have that bond of being a Tiger. I myself went through a battle of cancer but was able to survive through God's will. My survival of cancer allowed me to be able to provide a means for my son to go to the only University he ever wanted to go to, Clemson! While Michael's sister never got to attend Clemson he did. While I never got to attend Clemson my son is! Through people like Michael and my son Shawn J, the dream of Hannah and my own has come true. Through them we are Clemson Tigers!!

Well-written by a BROTHER Tiger! I'm certain your son is

Sep 13, 2013, 6:45 AM

extremely proud of you.

Re: Great Man

Sep 13, 2013, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Great Man ]

Thank you for being a great father and example. Go Tigers!

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

Sep 13, 2013, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Great Man ]

Clemson Tigers are not only some of the best fans in the nation.I do believe that they are also flat out some of the best people in our country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 14, 2013, 12:49 PM

And that is only through the teachings of a great university.

Sometimes, amid the chaos with which most of us live,

Sep 13, 2013, 6:50 AM

a story of inspiration and hope lifts the spirits and encourages all of us to be thankful for blessings that come our way.

That such a fine, young man is in our midst is one of those blessings we can celebrate. Thanks, David, for an outstanding tribute!

An Inspiring Story

Sep 13, 2013, 7:04 AM

This is a story about an amazing young man and family. Well written. Thanks!

Great story! I'll now pay more attention to our long

Sep 13, 2013, 8:06 AM

snapper! Very inspiring, so thanks for the article! Hannah sounded like a great girl. So sad when young people are taken from us early but we have to remember God has a plan for us all and our plans may not fit his plans! She has definitely influenced her brothers, friends and I'm sure countless others! God Bless you Hannah, Michael and the Sobeski family and Go Tigers!

More confirmation what an awesome FAMILY Clemson is !

Sep 13, 2013, 8:20 AM

Although sitting at my desk fighting off tears at work is totally uncool.

Really great article though. Nice to see behind the scenes what an awesome family Clemson is.

There's something in these hills....***

Sep 13, 2013, 8:53 AM

Awesome story, thanks David....

Sep 13, 2013, 8:58 AM

....Michael is the epitome of a Clemson Man, and Hannah continues to inspire others with her story of hope, many years after she departed for Heaven.

I recommend everyone checking out the link at the end of David's article.

Reason Clemson Rocks-because of Michael, Hannah, David, Dabo

Sep 13, 2013, 9:10 AM

and many others like them that know it's more than Football..Clemson Football in particular..but it's people & their lives and how each encompasses the other especially in times of need & tragedy.

Great write David..and thank you Michael for being Clemson on & off the field (good luck this year too).

Go#3TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto!***

Sep 13, 2013, 9:20 AM

Sep 13, 2013, 9:20 AM

Great story as always Mr. Hood. I certainly hope you are well compensated for your work here. The quality of your articles is far above the average pay site....and most people get to read these for Free!

Truly an amazing service you are providing.

Awesome Story! Thanks for sharing...

Sep 13, 2013, 9:24 AM

nm

Hannah reminds me of my older sister Cyndie....

Sep 13, 2013, 9:34 AM

....truly a wonderfully inspiring story of love and devotion.

Michael shares Christ with others because of what was given to him, as do we all once we realize how precious a gift it is!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2013, 9:42 AM

This is a very moving story! I lost a daughter eighteen years ago. Her older sister is working on her Ph.D. at Clemson now. Every day we know that had Lee lived,she would also be cheering on her older sister.

Sep 13, 2013, 9:59 AM

My family is very familiar with this story. There is no doubt that Hannah was a very special lady, and the entire Sobeski Family is special. We always point out the boys from Spartanburg that play for Clemson to our friends and family because we are so proud of our hometown boys. We have kept up with Michael since we knew he walked on and each time the team calls for a long snap we are watching to be able to see the little kid we knew in church perform to perfection for the Tigers and just about each time we mention his story to who ever is with us at the game or at home.

We did not go to the Georgia game. Before the Georgia game I was in awe of the way ABC covered Clemson's entrance. When the team gets to the Top of The Hill, and the cameras were at the players back overlooking the fans, there was #75 SOBESKI right there 15 inches across my tv. My wife said look there is Michael, and we both instantly had tears in our eyes. It was if we knew that Hannah is looking down and is so proud of her little brother. God Bless Michael and the Sobeski Family.

Go Tigers!

Thank you, David Hood

Sep 13, 2013, 10:51 AM

And, thank you, Hannah for being a true Tiger, and Michael for keeping the dream alive.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Got to meet the Sobeskis

Sep 13, 2013, 10:52 AM

Our former pastor is best friends with Michael's dad, Mickey. There is no doubt these fine people are carrying on a great legacy for Hannah. Her body may have lost the battle, but her Faith continues to win through that legacy.

I had tears in my eyes at the end of this story. My wife

Sep 13, 2013, 10:57 AM

and I lost our daughter 3 plus years ago. Only living 18 days was enough to change my life forever. I now realize I lost two young ladies that day, one to God and the other's heart changed, so I was told. We are still together but I feel it will not last. My heart hurts for Michael and his family. They have fond memories of her growing up and I have only dreams of what might have been.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May God bless you***

Sep 13, 2013, 11:48 AM

If I can be so bold, I think Hannah would tell you that the

Sep 13, 2013, 3:23 PM [ in reply to I had tears in my eyes at the end of this story. My wife ]

very same God that has your daughter's heart also wants yours and your wife's (my prayer is He may already have y'all's hearts.)

When that happens, THEN you are giving your marriage the best chance for surviving. Two hearts SURRENDERED to an all powerful God that joined you and loves us more than anything we can imagine will not let your marriage be lost. He can save it! Key is surrender.

Prayers for you and your wife.

Re: I had tears in my eyes at the end of this story. My wife

Sep 14, 2013, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I had tears in my eyes at the end of this story. My wife ]

Work as hard at keeping yours and your wife's life together with each other as you would with your daughter. You BOTH lost the same daughter. Special bonds should keep couples together, and not cause them to go separate ways.

Great stories from our long snappers; remember Sam

Sep 13, 2013, 11:29 AM

Van Gieson and his connection to "Rudy" and later giving his #53 jersey to the family who had lost their brother/son.

Re: Great stories from our long snappers; remember Sam

Sep 13, 2013, 11:28 PM

Thanks for reminding everyone. I too thought of that...

Thanks for the GREAT INTERVIEW / and STORY.
My HEART is touched...
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Darn allergies also bother my eyes this time of year***

Sep 13, 2013, 11:44 AM

Re: Darn allergies also bother my eyes this time of year***

Sep 13, 2013, 1:25 PM

yea, me too ;)

Sep 13, 2013, 11:49 AM

Thanks for sharing this wonderful life story with Tigernet fans. The Sobeski family is a picture of love and deserve all the recognition received.

Sep 13, 2013, 12:48 PM

An uplifting and inspiring story, excellent job as usual David and you can count on me for giving Michael an extra loud cheer on Gameday!!!

Sep 13, 2013, 1:24 PM

Dang son! Got a lump in my throat reading some of that. Great article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2013, 1:28 PM

The photo featured in this article....was the surv camera mounted above his shoulder there when the rock was damaged? ...or is that the recent addition?

I am blessed

Sep 13, 2013, 2:11 PM

I am fortunate enough to work at Gable where Hannah, Michael, and Andrew spent 3 years each with me. This whole family is as genuine as David painted the picture. In this business, you try to be an inspiration to kids, but sometimes, as in the case of these 3, they inspire you. Every year one of them was here, their Mom would come over with a group of her friends on the Sunday before school began and walk the halls, pray in each hallway, and stop at each classroom and pray for the students and teachers that would occupy those rooms. This family is one that each of us should model. Hannah was a very special young lady. I remember the last time I got to talk to her, she had just been diagnosed and came for her brothers honors day. I got to give her a big hug and her memory is still special here. If you do anything after reading this story, dont just think about it being special for a week or two then forget about it. Let it change your life like these outstanding young people have mine.

Sep 13, 2013, 2:43 PM

Good story!

Sep 13, 2013, 3:14 PM

Very moving. Special stories are what we were designed to be.

Sep 13, 2013, 3:18 PM

Good job Mr. Hood. Michael makes all of us proud to be a Clemson Tiger. Lot's of respect for Michael's family and Dabo's staff for recognizing what makes a championship team. FAMILY is a strong bond for Clemson!

thank you***

Sep 13, 2013, 3:47 PM

Thanks for sharing. I needed this.***

Sep 13, 2013, 11:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for sharing. I needed this.*** Me, too.

Sep 13, 2013, 11:29 PM

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for sharing. I needed this.*** Me, too.

Sep 13, 2013, 11:37 PM

When you watch the Hill Run at the georgia game , he is the fourth player on on the hill!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2013, 8:23 AM

What a nice tribute to Hannah and God Bless all she has inspired and touched. Bet she gets her face paint on for Game Day in heaven!!

Terrific story, David.

Sep 14, 2013, 8:41 AM

Crump, double his Burger King coupons.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Best Story I've Ever Read on TigerNet

Sep 14, 2013, 2:44 PM

Thank you, Mr. Hood and Michael! Your story of faith in God through adversity is incredible. Hannah will always live in her influence. Clemson is blessed by the Sobeski family and by your fine writing.

Sep 14, 2013, 11:27 PM

Being from Spartanburg S.C and attending Dorman High School 18yrs ago. I was fortunate to be taught by Michaels father, he to is a amazing man. This story has touched and changed so many lives, and will continue to forever. Michael and his family are true warriors for Christ, and are exactly what Dabo stands for. God bless

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic