Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers turn focus to N.C. State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,853

Front Page Story: Tigers turn focus to N.C. State

Sep 9, 2013, 12:39 PM

Tigers turn focus to N.C. State

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Monday that the Tigers will hold three practices this week, and that Saturday will be a like a regular Monday for the Tigers, who play at N.C. State a week from Thursday. What did he say about the reserve offensive linemen? What he does he think about calling out coaches in public? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's with the questions about calling out coaches?

Sep 9, 2013, 12:51 PM

Did I miss something? Or is that just a shot at SCAR?

And texas, and any school where either a player or coach

Sep 9, 2013, 12:52 PM

says something a coordinator could have done better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's with the questions about calling out coaches?

Sep 9, 2013, 1:30 PM [ in reply to What's with the questions about calling out coaches? ]

Mack Brown basically called out his DC and fired him. But he did include himself in their failure to be decent on D. I'm not sure why he didn't fire himself though if he truly believed what he wants us to believe.

Of course, USUC was a funny thing for the nation to watch.

Sep 9, 2013, 6:32 PM

I've never really bought into Mack Brown as a great head coach.

Who would have guessed?***

Sep 9, 2013, 7:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Press trying to bait Dabo & get something started.

Sep 9, 2013, 2:59 PM [ in reply to What's with the questions about calling out coaches? ]

He was smart and did not take the bait. This team and the coaches are focused.......FOCUS ONE GAME AT A TIME!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some #### homer trying to divert attention from Scar***

Sep 9, 2013, 4:37 PM [ in reply to What's with the questions about calling out coaches? ]

Sep 9, 2013, 6:28 PM [ in reply to What's with the questions about calling out coaches? ]

Oviously. Did you not see Spurrier on national TV essentially blame the loss on his Defensive Coordinitor? Spurrier will throw anyone under the bus rather than take any personal responsibility. Disgraceful! I don't remember ever seeing anything like that. And did you see the two Carolina coaches almost come to blows on the sideline? They had to be separated by an assistant coach.
This program may be unravelling.

Ah the joys of being a head coach

Sep 9, 2013, 12:51 PM

"Anything that's good is a credit to our coaches. Anything that's bad is my fault. That's just what I believe. It's my job to correct things and to fix things. I try not to ever get involved with this stuff."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ah the joys of being a head coach

Sep 9, 2013, 2:12 PM

That's one thing that makes him a great coach who will always have loyal assistants. Doesn't take all the credit and when things go bad doesn't throw people under the bus in public. Corrections are done in private as they should be. Sure different than a certain HOF coach in the state.

Re: Ah the joys of being a head coach

Sep 9, 2013, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Ah the joys of being a head coach ]

That's called class.

"The buck stops here". Love it.***

Sep 9, 2013, 5:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Re: "The buck stops here". Love it.***

Sep 9, 2013, 6:41 PM

I think Dabo has some growing up to do in terms of acknowleging poor performance. That said, I'm a fan of his and acknowledge the achievements he has made at Clemson. We are getting away from the finesse mentality that Bowden installed, and getting back to the warrior culture that to me represents Clemson football.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,853
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic