Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers' poll strategy is simple: Just win, baby
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers' poll strategy is simple: Just win, baby

Sep 8, 2013, 1:13 PM

Tigers' poll strategy is simple: Just win, baby

Clemson moved up to No. 3 in the national rankings by the slimmest of margins Sunday afternoon, but with a schedule that sets up nicely over the next five weeks before a date with Florida State the Tigers just need to win. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That, and if South Carolina beat Georgia, we wouldn't have

Sep 8, 2013, 1:30 PM

jumped Ohio State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Hypotheticals

Sep 8, 2013, 2:44 PM

Picture this: the Tide loses to A&M next week(possible, remember they did win at Alabama last year), then Oregon falls to Stanford, and Clemson continues to play better than OSU. Just sayin...

Go Tigers!

Re: That, and if South Carolina beat Georgia, we wouldn't have

Sep 9, 2013, 6:00 AM [ in reply to That, and if South Carolina beat Georgia, we wouldn't have ]

Your verbiage has me a little confused, but I think you are saying had SC beat UGA we wouldn't have gone to number 3. You are right, I think. We may have dropped a spot or two. To be honest with you, I don't see how the voters jumped us over Ohio St. I guess after they saw the SC Ga game they thought we must be real good to have beaten Ga and they all thought SC was good, too. I guess that may have been their thinking. It's sort of hard to tell right now who may have been overrated from the start and who is truly good. We will know more as the weeks go by, but for now, we should all basked in the glory and love we seem to be getting from everybody everywhere. It's nice, isn't it?

Re: That, and if South Carolina beat Georgia, we wouldn't have

Sep 9, 2013, 7:02 PM

It all comes down to what you do on the field. I tend to think that we are somewhat overrated, but hope that I'm wrong. NC State has a very dangerous quarterback, and we are still working to build an effective secondary. We still give up the "chunk" plays, but I think this can can be corrected. Overall, I'm hopeful, but we have to get better every week. I'm not sure that Roderick McDowell can be the go to back for us. And our OF line (based on this past game) is not really where we need them to be. Encouraging to see the other receivers come on, especially Martivious Bryant. And, Cole Stoutd
looked like a pro prospect---like his father. We'll see.

It's @NCSU, Wake, @Cuse, BC***

Sep 8, 2013, 3:12 PM

Thanks. He had me confused there momentarily. +1.***

Sep 8, 2013, 3:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCSU would have to reinvent its offense to even compete

Sep 8, 2013, 3:42 PM

Unless we revert back to our past habits of getting too confident and therefore lazy, our defense should have no trouble with NCSU. And the way their defense played against Richmond, our offense....well, you get the picture.

It all hinges on the team living up to their words and the words from the coached. No more "pulling a Clemson?" Here's your chance to prove it.

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers' poll strategy is simple: Just win, baby

Sep 8, 2013, 4:19 PM

Do you really think this team is that go or are you just hoping?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Tigers' poll strategy is simple: Just win, baby

Sep 8, 2013, 4:44 PM

Yes Coot!!

We DO believe "our"team is that good!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Tigers' poll strategy is simple: Just win, baby

Sep 9, 2013, 7:09 PM

What an idiotic response---with his favorite attack, "Coot". I really don't know how these RN's spell well enough to post anything beyond a third gade level. Anyway, a thoughtful post.

Sep 8, 2013, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers' poll strategy is simple: Just win, baby ]

What we think is this, UGA shoved your thumb further up your AS$ES. And we promise you, we will shove them up to your nasty already chit eating mouth and across your lips.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2013, 7:14 PM

Who are you addressing? Are you a UGA fan, or a Carolina fan? Your post was incoherent, and apparently designed at Clemson fans. At any rate, go back to school.

Just out of curiosity, would GameDay visiting a campus twice

Sep 8, 2013, 4:47 PM

in the same season be a new precedent? I've heard they don't like to hit campuses twice in a year.

Re: Just out of curiosity, would GameDay visiting a campus twice

Sep 8, 2013, 8:51 PM

They have done it in the past, but I doubt they will come back to Clemson this year. I think what is more likely is that we will be the 8:00 ABC game with Gameday being at another location for an earlier game...they have done this several times with Herbie flying off to whatever location after Gameday is over to work the game with Musberger.

Sep 9, 2013, 6:07 AM [ in reply to Just out of curiosity, would GameDay visiting a campus twice ]

That's a good question. I don't know if they have been one place twice in a year or not. I guess I haven't paid enough attention to it to know. If they have not been to one place twice before, Clemson would be a place they would do it. They love Clemson. And ABC tv gave us so much love the other night. I have never seen them spend so much time on a teams pregame festivities as they did ours. Did you notice the game didn't get kicked off until 8:22 I think. Watch ABC this week and I guarantee you the game kicks off before that time.

Sep 9, 2013, 7:18 PM

I think that if both we and Fla State are undefeated, they will have no choice. Just my humble opinion.

Would Game Day really return or diversify w/trip 2 Stanford?

Sep 8, 2013, 10:50 PM

The FSU-Clemson game is likely to be the only BIG matchup (only Top-10 matchup) of that weekend, but I wonder if College Game Day would really return to Clemson or if their producers would feel the need to pick a lesser game just for the sake of going someplace different. Ole Miss will probably have at least 2 losses by then so the 2nd best (most important) game might be UCLA-Stanford. Tough to do College Game Day at 6AM in the Pacific time zone though. I don't think many Stanford students will be awake by then.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/8

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic