Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - SC State Edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - SC State Edition

Sep 5, 2013, 11:49 PM

Tiger Tidbits - SC State Edition

In the latest edition of Tiger Tidbits, we talk about keeping Clemson from getting overconfident, Nuk coaching, Ryan Norton's grades, and more. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wanna talk about Pinion

Sep 6, 2013, 8:17 AM

this makes me abit anoid,

Even last year, he was headddd and shoulders better than
Benton, but yet he got little to no PT. Don't do any favors just cause someone is an upper classsman.
we gotta get over that.

Not arguing with you but I remember Dabo saying

Sep 6, 2013, 8:27 AM

Last year that he was inconsistent. Must have improved greatly over the spring/summer because he sure as h€ll was consistent Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I don't know about kickoff numbers but

Sep 6, 2013, 9:41 AM [ in reply to I wanna talk about Pinion ]

I believe there was less than a yard difference in the punting average for Benton and Pinion. Pinion had the edge but with far less punts. Benton also covered kicks and made a good many tackles. I think this added to his stock.

Re: I don't know about kickoff numbers but

Sep 6, 2013, 11:58 AM

Who needs to tackle when you kick it deep in the endzone every time?

Benton kicked 32 of 70 in the EZ and another 13 to the goal

Sep 6, 2013, 2:24 PM [ in reply to I wanna talk about Pinion ]

Pinion kicked 18 of 26 in the EZ and another 3 to the goal line last year. However, Benton allowed only 20/ per return vs 40+ for Pinion(327 on 8 kicks)---Benton's kicks were higher. I'm sure if Pinion had been kicking it deep in the EZ every time last year, then he would have seen the field more on KOs. The guy worked hard over the summer and it is paying off. You do know that guys get better after there FR year and are coached to improve, right?

Re: Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - SC State Edition

Sep 6, 2013, 9:34 AM

Saturday's game may not be the 50+ point blowout that some are predicting. Not because we can't but because we won't. Dabo mentioned winning "with class" during his press conference. Everyone hopefully will get to play and you want them to always give their best but Dabo will call it quits when he needs to. Another thing I love about him: He not only teaches football but be teaches "class" as well. Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - SC State Edition

Sep 6, 2013, 5:17 PM

He did that with UGA last Saturday. With 7 minutes left and up by 10 points he sat on the lead y 17 and just tried to run it. Then on Defense they decided to play prevent instead of pressing UGA. He figured that if UGA scored it would take more time going 5 to 10 yards vice one big play. It ended up OK but it made the game closer than it really was.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic