Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Tyshon Dye injury update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Tyshon Dye injury update

Sep 3, 2013, 11:22 AM

Tyshon Dye injury update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Tyshon Dye injury update

Sep 3, 2013, 11:25 AM

I guess "an absolute disaster" means if something happens to our other backs and need the depth?

Sep 3, 2013, 11:28 AM

If he is having back surgery I dont see him getting back this year. even minor back surgery needs appropriate rest and recovery. not being slammed into by a bunch of big strong guys

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2013, 12:07 PM

Even if they just trim a bulging dic, atleast 4 weeks. I've had all those surgeries. The 4th of my 5, I had to have the fusion with the screws and rods. My 5th was the spinal cord stimulator. Tyshon has youth in his favor, and that is a big positive!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best wishes to that young man

Sep 3, 2013, 11:30 AM

Get healthy and get back to work. We've all got high hopes for you.

Talked to someone close to the program this weekend

Sep 3, 2013, 11:46 AM

while in Clemson. Said Dye was going to be incredible aka the real deal. Hope he can overcome this injury.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talked to someone close to the program this weekend

Sep 3, 2013, 11:56 AM

yep kids work so hard to prepare. you hate to see injury rob them of their opportunity

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talked to someone close to the program this weekend

Sep 3, 2013, 12:05 PM

I hope this isn't another one of those injuries that happened b/c of guys haven't been taught to lift with proper technique and form. Seems we had an offensive lineman that had to stop playing after hurting himself in the weight room...

"If you're going to give me 110 percent, you can rub that rock. If you're not, keep your filthy hands off it."

Haven't read or heard anything to make that possible

Sep 3, 2013, 2:58 PM

assumption.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dye was by far the best running back in the first practices***

Sep 3, 2013, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Talked to someone close to the program this weekend ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2013, 1:20 PM

I hope the epidurals help him, they did nothing for me and I had to have suregery on May 16th. The good news I was cleared for all activities after 6 weeks, including golf which really surprised me because of twisting.

Man, that sucks.

Sep 3, 2013, 1:38 PM

After seeing Gurley I was pretty excited at the idea of having that type of back in Dye. Him in this offense with Tajh and these weapons would be insane.

Hope not another JK Jay situation

Sep 3, 2013, 2:34 PM

I am 36 and I have a horrible lower back. no disc between my lower vertebrae or whatever you call the stuff that is supposed to be in between the vertebrae.

So man I feel for this fellow. If its possible to come back and play football after back surgery then that is great. If that is the case I want to meet his doctor.

Hope he gets better.

Re: Man, that sucks.

Sep 3, 2013, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Man, that sucks. ]

I starting too get a real bad feeling about dye. Think he already had the epidural. From what I heard, if that's gonna work it works fast. I don't know if you could play rb with a back surgery and for sure not with a fused disk.

Terrible news

Sep 3, 2013, 2:45 PM

I think most we're hoping..including me- that Dye would take off and run with the job this year.
I know, I know... we "should" be fine at RB...should.

we'll see...

Epidural

Sep 3, 2013, 2:51 PM

For give my stupidity but the epidural is just being used to try and relieve any pain in his back correct?

The problem will still persist?

So it seems to me it could end up doing more harm than good by masking the real problem?

maybe I am wrong with my thoughts

Re: Epidural

Sep 3, 2013, 5:49 PM

partially accurate. Sometimes the edpidural will take and relieve the pain for years. The epidural will serve as much as a diagnostic tool as anything. If it works, the doctors will no will almost certainty that the site of the injection is responsible for the pain (lower backs are often extremely tricky).

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic