Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
YeeeeeHaaaaw!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 416

YeeeeeHaaaaw!

Aug 28, 2013, 2:04 PM

Putin’s Speech on Feb. 04, 2013

This is one time our elected leaders should pay attention to the advice of Vladimir Putin....

How scary is that?

On February 4th, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma, (Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia:

"In Russia live Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of most minorities. When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the national interest first, observing that the minorities are not Russians.
The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a five minute standing ovation.
If you keep this to yourself, you are part of the problem!

It is a sad day when a Communist makes more sense than our President, but here it is!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, do you see any truth in that?***

Aug 28, 2013, 2:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did he actually make the speech or if he had said it

Aug 28, 2013, 2:13 PM

(he didn't), do I agree with any of it?

Maybe, the Sharia Law part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't know if he said it or not, I was just speaking in

Aug 28, 2013, 2:22 PM

terms of the content. I agree about the Sharia law part as well as we shouldn't grant them special privileges or change laws to suite their desires. After all, we're striving for equality, right?

I will say this, having talked to people from various European nations, many of them are starting to believe the whole melting/pot diversity thing simply isn't sustainable or good...especially as far as Muslims are concerned.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't they usually connect it to religion though?

Aug 28, 2013, 2:30 PM

in saying that the melting pot is problematic when it comes to having to respect religion(s)?

From what I understand, religion is falling out of favor in Europe for this reason.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say religion in general is the problem...

Aug 28, 2013, 2:40 PM

I'd say Muslims are the problem. Different cultures don't necessarily get along, and it's silly to try and pretend that we all can and should.

with all the strife religion has caused in that region...

Aug 28, 2013, 2:50 PM

long before muslims started to move in, I'd be shocked if the sentiment against religion as a whole wasn't the driving force behind the apprehension. Sharia Law is an extreme version, no doubt. But let's not pretend that things were all hunky-dory in Europe until Muslims started to immigrate.

Maybe not, but right now Muslims are the problem...

Aug 28, 2013, 3:01 PM

And I'd say most of the apprehension is tied directly to them.

but the driving force behind being muslim is their faith...

Aug 28, 2013, 3:11 PM

(more accurately, Islam) and wanting themselves and others to be treated by their religious edicts. I think that's where the larger problem lies.

It's also timing. Religion as a whole has been declining in Europe for some years and then suddenly a VERY strict religion starts to immigrate to the region so it shouldn't be a surprise when there is friction created by two VERY different ideologies clashing at the same time.

Muslims are just an aggressive illustration of the problem of religion. I agree though, most of the apprehension is with them in Europe as far as I've heard/seen. (terrorism being linked to them doesn't help things either...)

Yep, just look at all the problems between the Irish and

Aug 28, 2013, 3:12 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't say religion in general is the problem... ]

English in Boston through our history and the problems between Irish, Italians, and blacks in NYC.

Unless your ghey.***

Aug 28, 2013, 2:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 416
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic