Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables says Georgia is explosive, calls Murray one of the best he has seen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Venables says Georgia is explosive, calls Murray one of the best he has seen

Aug 28, 2013, 11:55 AM

Venables says Georgia is explosive, calls Murray one of the best he has seen

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables knows his defense will have its hands full Saturday night against Georgia? Where does he rank Aaron Murray? What does he say about Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall? What is the key for his defense in stopping the Bulldog offense? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to say it, but...

Aug 28, 2013, 12:47 PM

... many of us seem to have forgotten that this may be the best offense we've EVER faced in the last 3-4 years. A proven, high-powered offense against our unproven, very-thin defense, doesn't give us the best chance to win. I know we're all very optimistic, and I know we have a chance to win this game. But other than praying their defense is as maligned as advertised, I'm not sure what my optimism is based on... We have to play well on BOTH sides of the ball to win this game.

Last season, against LSU, Auburn and SC, the most points we scored was 26. That will NOT get it done against this jaw jaw team. Lets hope we find some optimism in our defense in the first 5 minutes of the game... I'll breathe a little easier then!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

id say west virginia..

Aug 28, 2013, 12:50 PM

is the best offense we have played in the last 3-4 years

And, we played them on the best night they ever had

Aug 28, 2013, 1:24 PM

They ran up some points in other games that year, but no doubt, everything went there way that night. We didn't do anything to help ourselves, but I don't anyone in the country could have slowed them down that night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, people think our offense is better than it actually

Aug 28, 2013, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Hate to say it, but... ]

is. LSU is a comparable defense, and without running 100 plays on them and Nuk and Tajh taking over, they keep us our of the game. I'm not saying Tajh and Sammy/Bryant/etc can't do the same thing, but keeping uga under 30 might be difficult. I think they have more room for error, but we have home field advantage. It really could be the game it's hyped to be. If it's a blowout, I don't think we'll be the ones on top. Richt is as well-known as TB for laying an egg so you never know.

No way is UGA defense comparable to LSU of last year.

Aug 28, 2013, 2:04 PM

LSU was a top-10 defense, while UGA was somewhere in the 30s last year (and way worse against the run). Georgia's D gave up 20 or more points in 6 of it's first 7 games. LSU's defense didn't give up 20 or more points until the 5th game.

LSU was the only team to really shut down Manziel and A&M (27 rush yards and 5 turnovers).

Now factor in that UGA lost 8 starters from last year's defense.

It's no ccomparison.

Re: No way is UGA defense comparable to LSU of last year.

Aug 28, 2013, 2:10 PM

Very true, but you can't compare UGA and LSU's offense either.

"Home field advantage"

Aug 28, 2013, 4:43 PM [ in reply to I agree, people think our offense is better than it actually ]

sure didn't help us in the last game the Tigers played in the Valley.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Home field advantage" is OUR responsibility!***

Aug 28, 2013, 10:01 PM

Re: I agree, people think our offense is better than it actually

Aug 28, 2013, 6:06 PM [ in reply to I agree, people think our offense is better than it actually ]

What? Take any great QB and WR out of the game and every offense sucks? That is the dumbest statement I have read. Take Montana and Rice out and 49ers don't win a SB

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, we don't have Hopkins. and Ellington. TE is also

Aug 28, 2013, 8:49 PM [ in reply to I agree, people think our offense is better than it actually ]

a concern

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take our D over theirs, they lost a lot of talent from

Aug 28, 2013, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Hate to say it, but... ]

last year AND have had numerous injuries to start this season.
Could be an offensive shootout, but I like our chances!

Re: Hate to say it, but...

Aug 28, 2013, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Hate to say it, but... ]

Look for them to play the clock and try to keep our offense off the field. They will take this out of Spurrier's play book. They will pound Gurley, early and often.

Aug 28, 2013, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Hate to say it, but... ]

God you are so pessimistic! If you can't be optimstic now when will you ever be? How people like you even enjoy a sport is beyond me. Clemson will win! If they don't the sun will still come up Sunday morning and I will be yelling GO TIGERS!

Aug 28, 2013, 3:40 PM

which is best way to be? pessimistic, delusional, or logical.

Are you saying that optimism is the same as delusional?

Aug 28, 2013, 6:46 PM

You cannot win without positive thinking, so I would think pessimism is more delusional. Wait, was that optimism and logic in the same thought?

Clemson will play hard a I believe they have a great shot at winning. Go Tigers!

Aug 28, 2013, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Hate to say it, but... ]

Does anyone know a website that this game may be on? I may be forced to be away from a tv, but I will have my iPad.

This is going to be a huge challenge

Aug 28, 2013, 2:09 PM

For our defense. If we can hold them to 30 or under I will be very confident in this defense for the rest of the season. Aaron Murray is 1st team all SEC over Johnny menziel for a reason. Hopefully we can get pressure on him, it will be key for us to stop this offense.

Aaron Murray is only 1st team over Manziel because

Aug 28, 2013, 2:16 PM

people are sick of him and his attitude and behavior and they aren't even sure he'll play.

Manziel was the unanimous choice last year for 1st team, while AJ McCarron was 2nd Team.

Re: Aaron Murray did finish second in passing efficiency

Aug 28, 2013, 6:48 PM

last year and threw for 36 touchdowns, so I don't think it's absurd to consider him among the best quarterbacks in the SEC.

Did anyone espect anything else?

Aug 28, 2013, 2:25 PM

He couldn't very well say, "Our gameplan will slow their run, or We might be able to intercept AM when he throws to the flats." He might have made some feel all warm and fuzzy had he said, "We'll crush that bag totin summbich come Sat night."

This coachspeak means nothing, I still feel good about our D.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic