Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: 4-Star TE to visit Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,725

Football Recruiting Update: 4-Star TE to visit Clemson

Aug 26, 2013, 7:01 PM

4-Star TE to visit Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D-End / Tackle or OT...no way he plays tight end at 265

Aug 26, 2013, 7:35 PM

This is a big dude.

Did you mean DE not TE?***

Aug 26, 2013, 7:46 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Football Recruiting Update: 4-Star TE to visit Clemson

Aug 26, 2013, 11:03 PM

These guys are coming to just look around Clemson, and it don't mean Jack $hit anymore. They are taking free vacations on some body else's dime. The way recruiting has gotten the last 4 or 5 years with visiting, committing, de committing, and sports writers recruiting for their favorite schools has gotten out of hand. And I do believe some schools have went to paying sports reporters a fee for turning recruits to certain schools. I don't believe a word any of them say anymore until they have signed on the dotted line. Then I'll begin to get excited about these kids if they pan out. The recruiting business has become an expensive game to these programs after these 18 year olds, and these kids love playing it. They won't, but I wish all the coaches would tell these kids up front. The second we feel you are just playing the recruiting game, the offer is off the table for good. I guess most coaches don't realize how much money they would save their programs if they would just turn recruiting back to something serious when dealing with these kids. But noooo, they just want to compete in being the best AS$ kisser to these 17/18 year old kids. This would also make recruiting interested and fun for the fans again. In today's recruiting of the most talented kids, they are making these coaches look to be the complete dumb AS$ idiots that they really are looking to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Football Recruiting Update: 4-Star TE to visit Clemson

Aug 26, 2013, 11:36 PM

You can't win games without decent talent, so programs are trying to get an edge in recruiting, because the best playbook isn't worth much without top-flight talent to execute the plays.

The Clemson coaching staff has been doing it just right.

Aug 27, 2013, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: 4-Star TE to visit Clemson ]

They come in 2nd on the consensus #1 recruit each of the last two years. It's only a matter of time before the SEC lure takes a hit. We're fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wanna go back to 15 years ago?

Aug 27, 2013, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: 4-Star TE to visit Clemson ]

When we couldn't get these guys on campus at all?

How can you blame these kids for checking out their options? At least Clemson is a place they want to check out, and our staff will take advantage of that and, with the help of "something in these hills," swing a few of those kids to Clemson.

Re: wanna go back to 15 years ago?

Aug 27, 2013, 11:48 AM

If we keep getting top 10 or top 20 classes and keep players for 4 or 5 years we will be fine. Look how many players leave FSU, LSU, UGa and UA after 3 years. I would rather have a 4 star that stays 5 years than a 5 star that stays 3. No offense meant to Sammy Watkins, but Tahj Boyd is the leader of this team a 5 year player..... Shuey a 5 year player, I think Sensabaugh and Freeman last year were 5 year players.

Re: wanna go back to 15 years ago?

Aug 27, 2013, 4:39 PM

Bama doesn't seem to be hurting. Losing a 5 star guy after 3 years is fine as long as there's another one waiting in the wings to take his place.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,725
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic