Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: New security procedures at Memorial Stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Football Update: New security procedures at Memorial Stadium

Aug 21, 2013, 9:04 AM

New security procedures at Memorial Stadium

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: New security procedures at Memorial Stadium

Aug 21, 2013, 9:23 AM

Hmmmmm
many thought I was crazy or being over protective when I commented about the changes during F-A-D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've ALWAYS gotten to my seat 1 hr prior to kickoff

Aug 21, 2013, 9:30 AM

You can learn a lot about your team from warmups; and if you go down to the bottom of the stands you get to see the recruits up close, and just how incredibly big these players truly are.

REALLY?!?!? CAMERA BAGS?!?!?

Aug 21, 2013, 9:31 AM

How the #### am I supposed to protect my $2,000 worth of equipment? That's just not cool. Why not allow, but search?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: REALLY?!?!? CAMERA BAGS?!?!?

Aug 21, 2013, 9:56 AM

Use a diaper bag. It will not only protect your gear, but it will also not draw the attention of possible thieves, unlike a big black and red or yellow bag with Nikon of Cannon on it.

I have a messenger bag camera bag so it doesn't draw

Aug 21, 2013, 10:00 AM

attention, but it sure as crap won't pass for anything else. Diaper bag is a pretty solid idea.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are taking a $2000 camera to the football game,

Aug 21, 2013, 11:09 AM

seems you'd have a credential to get you on the field and have a whole different kind of security check/clearance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So I'm not allowed to have a hobby without being a

Aug 21, 2013, 11:11 AM

professional? And my rig isn't $2,000. Rig plus lenses, flash, etc.

You dont really need a flash at a football game.

Aug 21, 2013, 4:26 PM

Unless you are trying to take portraits of some one. But that doesnt need to be done at a game.

Thanks for the lesson. I have an infant daughter

Aug 21, 2013, 4:28 PM

which won't be going to a game until next season. Do you suppose I might want to take some portraits of her at her first Clemson game?

Sorry for being a ####. Having a LONG day.***

Aug 21, 2013, 4:42 PM

I'm just glad to know that you're still here...We can always

Aug 24, 2013, 7:45 PM

hope for more of your past!!

Diaper Dude Messenger bag

Aug 21, 2013, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: REALLY?!?!? CAMERA BAGS?!?!? ]

The wife got me one of these for our newborn. Can definitely be used for anything. In this case, having Diaper Dude on a flap only assists.

Re: Diaper Dude Messenger bag

Aug 21, 2013, 1:49 PM

My sister makes my brother in law carry a pink and purple diaper bag with flowers and crap on it, all day every day lol. I cant help but mess with him every time I see him with that thing.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: REALLY?!?!? CAMERA BAGS?!?!?

Aug 21, 2013, 10:40 AM [ in reply to REALLY?!?!? CAMERA BAGS?!?!? ]

more stupidity is why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree completely

Aug 21, 2013, 6:57 PM [ in reply to REALLY?!?!? CAMERA BAGS?!?!? ]

My camera with lenses etc is well over $4k (and no I'm not a media person so press pass isn't an option). I don't think the diaper bag thing will work if you don't have little kids going along with it. I am very disappointed in this decision. Absolutely doesn't make sense to allow some women to drag their 3 cu-ft purses in but exclude a camera bag.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let the whining begin.....***

Aug 21, 2013, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

%#@! you mean all these years, I could have taken a cooler?

Aug 21, 2013, 9:54 AM

;)

and will the guy that sits next to me who's butt is wider than 17 inches be allowed in?

honestly, thought most of this was already in place-- I do expect longer times getting in-- I believe 1st games have been a mess for the last few years

There really should be a fat #### rule for games. You get

Aug 21, 2013, 10:00 AM

a fat #### with a misplaced seatback and crap hits the fan when it comes to enjoying your own seat.

The orange seats bolted to stands are slightly wider than

Aug 21, 2013, 10:32 AM

the seat space.

Several of them in a row eventually cramps all the seats without them. Also the seat backs infringe on the knee room of the person behind them.

In short ... they suck!!

I noticed this the very first time they put them in.

If I had a vote, it would be to get rid of all seats with backs and to allow nothing more than a simple cushion for your butt if you need it.

Where do we vote???

I agree, Apex. They suck.

Aug 21, 2013, 10:38 AM

And in my experience, people are very rude about you moving in on their space and making things crowded for them, when in actuality, it is their seatbacks causing a lot of the problems. They don't seem to see that.

Take a tape measure with you and mark off the

Aug 21, 2013, 11:10 AM

spots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better than a bunch of screaming, drink and food spilling

Aug 21, 2013, 1:16 PM [ in reply to There really should be a fat #### rule for games. You get ]

kids that people bring and don't have a seat for. Pure child abuse when a parent brings a small child into those hot games and try to keep them cool and calm when they only want to sleep. Kids should have tickets and some of the nonsense would stop. Give me a fat #### who sits still and watches the game anyday!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There really should be a fat #### rule for games. You get

Aug 21, 2013, 1:50 PM [ in reply to There really should be a fat #### rule for games. You get ]

Do like airlines do, make them buy two seats. nah jk thats mean

Here come the protests

Aug 21, 2013, 9:55 AM

About having to have a photo ID. It discriminates against old people and minorities from seeing the Tigers play.

We are letting minorities into the games?

Aug 21, 2013, 9:59 AM

When the heck did this start happening?

This is not the Clemson I grew up with

Aug 21, 2013, 10:15 AM

Minorities are ok on the field, but questionable in the stadium, as a good portion are democrats.

Re: We are letting minorities into the games?

Aug 21, 2013, 10:37 AM [ in reply to We are letting minorities into the games? ]

Lol!!! Hey! They've been letting me in for years! ??

One of many Clemson traditions that have died

Aug 21, 2013, 10:48 AM [ in reply to We are letting minorities into the games? ]

Over the years.

Re: We are letting minorities into the games?

Aug 21, 2013, 12:46 PM [ in reply to We are letting minorities into the games? ]

U are a effing idiot!! U belong at Ole Miss with all the other POS ignorant "fans"

I do believe

Aug 21, 2013, 1:51 PM

it was a joke

Thank you, a7. Point for you.***

Aug 21, 2013, 2:00 PM

I don't believe every person who thumbed it up realized that***

Aug 21, 2013, 8:36 PM [ in reply to I do believe ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a great point.***

Aug 21, 2013, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Here come the protests ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strange, I didn't know attending football games was a right

Aug 21, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Here come the protests ]

and/or a civic duty.

We've almost steered this into an uncomfortable political

Aug 21, 2013, 10:30 AM

discussion that has no place on the football board. Who will fire that final comment that sends this thread into full scale political......meltdown! Step up brave soul!

Re: We've almost steered this into an uncomfortable political

Aug 21, 2013, 10:47 AM

True. I should have known better...erase erase erase

OBAMA IS THE DEVIL, AND SO ARE ALL DEMOCRATS.***

Aug 21, 2013, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Strange, I didn't know attending football games was a right ]

I resemble that statement***

Aug 21, 2013, 10:54 AM

Re: Here come the protests

Aug 21, 2013, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Here come the protests ]

it does NOT DISCRIMINATE against ANYONE!!!!

Aug 21, 2013, 10:12 AM

OK, so, in the past (including last year) "cinch sacks" have been let through the gates, especially if they were for/on kids. I've been told in the past those don't qualify as backpacks or "carryall-type bags". Does Clemson have any guidance on this particular issue? Or any of our esteemed Tigernet founts of knowledge?

I have my own "drawstring backpacks" that I have made to

Aug 21, 2013, 1:50 PM

carry in place of a purse. I had one ticket taker tell me they weren't allowed because it was a backpack. I told him it was a purse. Finally I asked the Cop, and the Cop said it was a purse. :D

But, I think they need to define "backpack" vs "drawstring backsack" or something....

Photobucket

So the only place in the United States that needs no ID

Aug 21, 2013, 10:13 AM

or security check for entrance is when we go to vote... got it. Glad to know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Crazy, right?

Aug 21, 2013, 10:30 AM

Sharpton will probably sue us

You forgot to mention the border with Mexico*******

Aug 21, 2013, 1:08 PM [ in reply to So the only place in the United States that needs no ID ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2013, 10:21 AM

i can't believe they are banning guns... i like to go dove hunting before the first game and go straight to the game. i'm being discriminated against.

Will satchels still be allowed?

Aug 21, 2013, 10:25 AM

It's important to soccerkrzy.

And GWP ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 21, 2013, 10:34 AM

What about a fanny pack? that ok?

(joking)

DEER LOWERED - MY LIFE IS OVER WITH ALL OF

Aug 21, 2013, 10:40 AM

THESE RULES AND CHANGES WHY ARE THEY RUINING MY LIFE WAAAAAAANNNNNNNHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

^^POTD^^

Aug 21, 2013, 8:43 PM

WAAAAAAANNNNNNNHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

What a world we live in. What gigantic irony will ensue when

Aug 21, 2013, 10:48 AM

the coronal mass ejection hits that knocks out the national power grid, and we have not prepared for it. Something which NASA expects in the next few generations, maybe even this one, that could easily cause this country to descend into cannibalistic anarchy... and we are nearly totally unprepared, but we hassle the ***t out of everyone because a terrorist might try and kill people at a Clemson game.

http://lasp.colorado.edu/home/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/lowres-Severe-Space-Weather-FINAL.pdf

:) This thread just got weird. yessssss

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a world we live in. What gigantic irony will ensue when

Aug 21, 2013, 12:39 PM

Cannibalistic? OK, I guess that's better than vegetarian!
Hopefully TigerNet will still be online.

I'm with you. The real irony is that the government

Aug 21, 2013, 12:46 PM [ in reply to What a world we live in. What gigantic irony will ensue when ]

has the same interest in ending terrorism as the NAACP has in ending racism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much better to be a Tiger when we slip into cannabilistic

Aug 21, 2013, 5:01 PM [ in reply to What a world we live in. What gigantic irony will ensue when ]

anarchy than a chicken. So we got that going for us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2013, 12:42 PM

I will take nothing into the stadium. A little cash and that is it.

I agree with them

Aug 21, 2013, 1:46 PM

partly because I dont take anything with me to the game other than my cell phone, and camera which I keep in my pockets. I understand people with kids getting upset at this, because I wouldnt want some rando event staff guy going through my diaper bag or stroller. How about we address the parking issues in most of the lots because those guys and women are out of control.

Aug 21, 2013, 3:27 PM

Because you maybe caring a mega ton nuclear device in large wallets, purses, camera bags, and pant pockets and such.;) I appreciate looking after our safety, but at times they carry it just a bit to far. Like small coolers, this isn't for our safety, it's to keep us paying 5 bucks for an F-ing drink of water. I firmly believe that the light small canvas size coolers should be allow with Ice and sealed bottled water. The ticket prices are insane as it is, but to force us to pay their asinine prices for water only reeks with gross greed. What good is a law against price gouging if it doesn't apply to private companies or person doing it in stadiums and such other private events. I'm pretty sure that Title 39-chapter 5 is suppose to protect everyone from unfair pricing. 5 bucks for a bottle of water IS unfair when they stop us from bring in our own water.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adults should have an official form of photo identification

Aug 21, 2013, 5:23 PM

Another case of the Republican run administration trying to disenfranchise minority Tiger football fans.

Re: Adults should have an official form of photo identification

Aug 21, 2013, 8:25 PM

So I need a photo ID to get in the stadium but not to vote??
###?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lawdy,lawdy...first the Allstate kick net

Aug 21, 2013, 7:42 PM

now airport security at the gates !

Must be a new sherrif in town .

Just wait until body scanners get a little cheaper.***

Aug 21, 2013, 8:38 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess Dawg fans a a little more fanatical than I recall***

Aug 21, 2013, 8:40 PM

^^ahh... the REAL motivation re: the announcement.^^

Aug 21, 2013, 8:51 PM

nicely deduced

Don't hate me for this - but I'm glad to see this.

Aug 26, 2013, 3:52 PM

I've always felt that we needed to have better security at Memorial Stadium, and YES - it may be a little more of a hassle to get into the stadium but I'd rather be safe (and inconvenienced) than sorry.....

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic