Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Fan Appreciation Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Fan Appreciation Day

Aug 19, 2013, 3:34 PM

Fan Appreciation Day

Fan Appreciation Day
I was out of town this weekend but I felt like I was here after receiving as many emails I did about Sunday's Fan Appreciation Day.

One said, "They must not appreciate me because they didn't let me in after waiting two hours in line. I didn't feel appreciated."

I

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"ROUTE CANAL"

Aug 19, 2013, 3:49 PM

Seriously spit the Diet Pepsi right out my mouth!!!

Keep drinking that stuff and that's the root your teeth will

Aug 19, 2013, 4:19 PM

go.

I know this sounds stupid but what if we did it for two

Aug 19, 2013, 4:04 PM

consecutive days? I know the team wants and needs the practice, school starting up etc. From what I read, it seems most people came at about the same time. For those who were disappointed, please don't loose your love for Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I posted this on TBS...

Aug 19, 2013, 4:15 PM

...our Fan Appreciation Day was the same as yours.

Clemson and USC Fan Appreciation Days..

So it's official: both were clusterflocks. IMO it's time to end these freak shows. I say "freak shows" because it brings out the denizens of old men getting autographs primarily to resell them.

I'm a little older (in my early 40s) and fan appreciation day was all about getting on the field and the players would just "hang out". That ship has long sailed as these kids are now "stars" in their own right and a mob scene would ensue.

If you really need the HBC's autograph there are plenty of opportunities during the spring tours. As for the players, they do enough and they shouldn't be obligated to sit around for hours signing autographs. Many of these will be sold for profit and, again, the kids are getting sh*t.

Now I know there are MANY kids that would LOVE to get an autograph. Solution: No autographs. Period...BUT.. Set up a photograph station, much like Santa at the mall, and let the kids come through and get a photo with their favorite player. No one OVER 18 allowed through the line. As for the rest, all you have to do is go to SEC Fanfest before the SECCG...set up events like that.

Make it about the kids again.

Have it at a larger venue than Memorial Stadium 81,500???***

Aug 19, 2013, 8:16 PM

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Fan Appreciation Day

Aug 19, 2013, 8:55 PM

I am 41 now( young buck still ) the best part of the games growing up was getting on the field and seeing who got the most autographs and then hurrying back to get the fried chicken. Hope that never changes

Could swear when I was a kid it was held on the actual field

Aug 19, 2013, 10:13 PM

Granted, pretty sure that was a Tommy West year and I"m sure the number of people in attendance was dramatically lower at the time.. but I'm pretty sure I remember getting Travis Zachery's autograph at a little table down on the field itself...

Maybe they don't want fans all over the field nowadays so close to the season when they are trying to get it ready..

GO TIGERS

GREAT insight Plyler... yawn. ******

Aug 19, 2013, 10:28 PM

If you were there without a kid . . . you're wrong.

Aug 19, 2013, 10:50 PM

In my opinion this should be for the kids. The thought of a kid not getting an autograph because of a bunch of adults wanting autographs from college players is just wrong. Especially the thought of someone there to get something to sell on ebay. I wasn't there I'm just saying, that's one way to thin out the ranks. If it was 20K consisting of people bringing kids then I stand corrected.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Sounds like a good IE class project.***

Aug 19, 2013, 11:08 PM

They do not appreciate like they used to.***

Aug 19, 2013, 11:18 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

The only saving grace to Sunday, after a 6 hr round trip and

Aug 20, 2013, 9:30 AM

waiting 3 hrs in line to be turned away when you're 50 yds from the gate with an hour left, was that my 10 yr old son said to me that it was still great to spend all that time with me. He's a great kid and a die-hard Tiger fan.

great post! you, my friend, are the real winner in the Fan

Aug 20, 2013, 11:05 AM

Day fiasco!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic