Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: “Purple Out” for Military Appreciation Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Football Update: “Purple Out” for Military Appreciation Day

Aug 15, 2013, 2:39 PM

“Purple Out” for Military Appreciation Day

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: “Purple Out” for Military Appreciation Day

Aug 15, 2013, 2:43 PM

Okay... I think this is a good use of the purple.
It is for a specific reason on a special day and its not a huge game for us.
That said,
PLEASE dont make this every year and go back to orange on white or white on white like we have been doing.

Wearing the same thing week in / week out gets a little old

Aug 15, 2013, 3:45 PM

They should wear Orange on White for 4 home games, and they should wear all White for 4 away games.

The other two home games, wear all Orange for one, and Purple on White or Purple on Orange for the other (my favorite combo).

For the other two away games, wear White on Orange for one, and White on Purple for the other.

Everyone wins that way.

Solid Orange!***

Aug 15, 2013, 2:59 PM

As a Veteran....

Aug 15, 2013, 3:03 PM

I love the idea! Clemson does a great job of honoring the veterans and that is AWESOME...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.

Aug 15, 2013, 3:07 PM

Thank you for your service, too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

as an active duty Marine and combat veteran

Aug 15, 2013, 3:37 PM [ in reply to As a Veteran.... ]

of Desert Storm, Somalia, twice in Iraq, and Afghanistan, when i see this i'll have a knot the size of a football in my throat and i'll think of all of the Marines i knew that were KIA and those that were WIA and were awarded the Purple Heart for being wounded or killed fighting so that the nation can remain free to watch football and all of the other things that we enjoy as a free nation. Big ups to the SGA for this as far as i'm concerned, and besides, it's a school color, which happens to be the ONLY school in the nation with that color combo....yet another thing unique about Clemson.

Re: as an active duty Marine and combat veteran

Aug 15, 2013, 4:09 PM

Well put, good job. Thank you for all you do. Semper Fi Jarhead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: as an active duty Marine and combat veteran

Aug 15, 2013, 10:23 PM [ in reply to as an active duty Marine and combat veteran ]

Great Post!
Always glad to see your posts...and
hope you're doing great. Thanks much for your service!

Looking forward to kicking the Dawg(s)...one of the few times it's ok to do that.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your service!

Aug 15, 2013, 10:27 PM [ in reply to as an active duty Marine and combat veteran ]

And I agree!! Love the purple our!

A lot of concrete will need a purple out for this game.***

Aug 15, 2013, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2013, 3:09 PM

something, something, and a joke about Peters

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This won't work. Sorry SGA.***

Aug 15, 2013, 3:11 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Thank You

Aug 15, 2013, 3:12 PM

We will be wearing Orange or Military Camo w/Purple Heart Ribbons
The students can wear all the purple they want to since a lot of them never wear Orange on an Orange Out Game

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way i'm wearing purple***

Aug 15, 2013, 3:22 PM

I was curious..

Aug 15, 2013, 3:34 PM

is Orange/White the only school colors?

if not, whats the other?

;)

Why?

Aug 15, 2013, 3:49 PM [ in reply to No way i'm wearing purple*** ]

Nothing wrong with purple. It's a sign of royalty and for the Military the color of an incredibly honorable medal.

Re:

Aug 22, 2013, 10:23 AM

YEAH!!! I am going to wear it! LETS PURPLE OUT!

Aug 15, 2013, 3:20 PM

Great idea and works nicely for honoring the vets. I find it hard to believe that November will be t-shirt weather. Hence there is a challenge to have the appropriate attire in purple! Will be interesting to see how this works. The cynical me thought it was an idea from the merchants to increase the sale of Clemson products but I guess it isn't

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For those who are still saying no to the "Purple Out"

Aug 15, 2013, 3:31 PM

I will repost what I said on March 29th.

The last time I checked I was a Clemson fan…

Not an Orange fan, not a white fan, not even a purple fan. I go to the games to pull for the Clemson Tigers. So if Clemson decides to make Military Appreciation Day also Purple Out so it can honor all those who have served, then so be it. If people are so shallow that wearing a certain color for 1 (one) Saturday offends them, then they need to get their priorities in line. If wearing purple is so bad, then sell the tickets who want to go to the game and pull for the Tigers. I go to the games to watch and pull for Clemson. Wearing a certain color doesn’t change my attitude or passion for Clemson football. Personally I don’t care if you come wearing pink. If that will bring Clemson a victory, then I say WEAR PINK all season long.

If people think that everyone across the nation will think “that purple is so ghey looking” though, imagine what they are saying about a team who has a chicken for a mascot. In my opinion wearing purple isn’t that big of a deal compared to that.

Now the Woo Hoo is a different story. I still say BAN THE WOO HOO!!!

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1225900&tstart=30

Re: For those who are still saying no to the "Purple Out"

Aug 16, 2013, 7:32 AM

Wear purple and ban the woo hoo!

Meh, would rather have a Camo-Out game for that

Aug 15, 2013, 3:31 PM

Would be cool to have a Military Appreciate Day t-shirt with desert camo instead. Most Clemson fans have some type of camo in their closet, and those that don't could just wear tan (if desert camo) or green/OD (if forest camo). I think that would make a bigger statement.

But, looks like the decision has been made, so if I end up going I'll wear purple!

Just hope the team still wears orange!

Purple is an official school color

Aug 15, 2013, 3:45 PM

I am a Clemson Alumni. Therefore, I embrace the purple. I have no issues wearing purple. I am comfortable enough in my manhood that I do not feel "ghey" when I wear it. I'll be proud to wear it, especially on that day.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you know what, man? Thank you...

Aug 15, 2013, 4:00 PM

especially coming from an alum. Clemson is the ONLY school in the nation that is orange and purple and why we don't fully embrace that blows my mind. As for the "manhood" crap with purple, etc., that is so ridiculous i can't even say what i want to say about it. I wish DV was a sea of obnoxious orange and purple every single game to the point that it blinded folks....this ain't fashion design, it's Clemson Tiger football and the last time i checked, we don't give a #### if our colors are "ugly" or not....especially when the guys wearing the orange and purple are wiping the floor with the other team. Leave the orange and white and orange and navy blue to the other schools and the fashion coordinators and insecure men who have issues with #### colors....we'll take orange and purple and hit you in the mouth and make DV a miserable place to play....spot the #### ball man....

My Dad has Two Purple Hearts, and I think this is a...

Aug 15, 2013, 3:47 PM

Great idea.

I hope they do this EVERY Military Appreciation Day.

Do we know if it will be All Purple for the team, or Purple on White, or Purple on Orange?

tell your Pop thank you

Aug 15, 2013, 4:14 PM

thank you for being there when he was called and thank God he made it home.

I'm wearing orange but this is good because it will finally

Aug 15, 2013, 4:24 PM

get the stupid obsession to have a purple out over and done with. The band-aid will be ripped during an unimportant game and people will shut up about it for a while.

I honestly can't believe there are people here who are

Aug 15, 2013, 4:41 PM

against this. Wearing orange to every Clemson sporting event is tradition and I get that and support that but Clemson University has another school color that is even more unique and makes Clemson that much more different.

I've waited a long time for something like this to happen. Orange every game gets a little boring. I have plenty of purple Clemson shirts because it stands out. I have a purple Nike golf shirt that doesn't even have a Clemson logo, emblem, or paw on it and people ask me if I'm wearing a Clemson shirt or if I support Clemson. My answer? I show them my class ring ('06). The purple is powerful. I'm not trying to be cheesy.

I'm not sure why we haven't had more events like this, like so many other schools around the nation, and have a "White-Out" or "Purple-Out". It creates a buzz and attracts attention. My only complaint is that this isn't happening in a more meaningful, televised game.

I think that tying it into Military Appreciation Day is genius and appropriate. Personally, I am all for the "Purple-Out"... with an orange hat, belt, and orange shoes ;)

Go Tigers!

the most unique color combo in the nation

Aug 15, 2013, 4:57 PM

by a mile, the ONLY school with those colors and i could care less about "ugly", "feminine" and all of the other excuses you hear....why so many Clemson folks want to be Orange and White when that is not the school colors, or worse, orange and navy blue like a lot of other schools has irritated me since the '70's when i became a Tiger fan. The interesting thing about this is that my uncle, Clemson class of '55, despises the navy blue or orange and white combos and wishes that we had MORE purple in the trim. He actually liked the orange helmet, purple jersey, orange pants combo the best and LOVES the purple pants because to him, THAT is Clemson.....and ONLY Clemson....it's funny how we distanced ourselves from purple in the '70's and it came back early this decade and suddenly became a big problem when orange used to be a secondary or equal color years and years ago....so what is really tradition? i love obnoxious orange and purple combos and i am not some young kid. I'm 45 and went to my first game in DV in '77 as a nine year old and saw Joe Montana break our hearts in the 4th quarter. it does my heart good to see alums speak out on this issue. Good on you man, i couldn't agree more.

Re: the most unique color combo in the nation

Aug 15, 2013, 10:32 PM

I was at that game, too...as a student.
I told several people before that game, that I would be VERY surprised if we lost...and I was. The ND team new they had played a football game, and were probably grateful just to leave. We got our revenge in ND, though.

No matter what we do, it will still look better than anything Oregon would do with those colors!***

Aug 15, 2013, 4:42 PM

Fratstars and Sorostitutes still won't wear school colors

Aug 15, 2013, 5:23 PM

Just predicting that. Buch of sorostitutes will pass out at the fraternity tailgates wearing blue and white dresses while their boyfriends show up at the game in the middle of the 1st quarter wearing khakis, a blue dress shirt and a blue and white tie. Then they'll leave to go back to the party at half- time and won't come back until nearly the fourth quarter. The greek blocks will be 1/2 empty at the beginnings of the halves, like usual.

This is coming from a guy who dates a former Clemson sorosistute and hung out with the fratstars when I was in school. Juss sayin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fratstars and Sorostitutes still won't wear school colors

Aug 15, 2013, 5:27 PM

And your point is what exactly?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fratstars and Sorostitutes still won't wear school colors

Aug 16, 2013, 3:05 AM [ in reply to Fratstars and Sorostitutes still won't wear school colors ]

When I hear the word sorostitutes its usually coming from a woman who has zero confidence in herself and likes to demoralize a girl in a sorority that she feels is prettier than her. Man card needs revoking for using the word and using it excessively.

Well Color Me PURPLE, all the nay-sayers can take a leap!***

Aug 15, 2013, 5:27 PM

Maybe the Drum Corp can be the Purple Man Group!

Aug 15, 2013, 5:36 PM

Re: AWESOME IDEA!!! GO TIGERS!!!

Aug 15, 2013, 10:34 PM

Awesome Idea!
GO TIGERS!!!

...it makes no sense! "whiteout"/"blackout" = yes

Aug 15, 2013, 6:22 PM

Can we please stick with to our own traditions, which are already pretty friggin special?

I predict an epic failure for this event.

Why do we insist on borrowing the traditions of other schools and bastardizing them to fit our scheme? I mean, I like the "tiger walk" event itself, but why give it a name?The "dawg walk" is actually a pun.

I don't care about the "Purple Out"...

Aug 15, 2013, 8:02 PM

But I think it's a cool idea the every Military Appreciation Day the team wears Purple Jerseys (don't really care if it's white or orange britches).

That would be a unique NEW tradition for the football team, and a really cool one.

Are our school colors not part of our tradition?***

Aug 16, 2013, 8:55 AM [ in reply to ...it makes no sense! "whiteout"/"blackout" = yes ]

I suppose I am in the minority but

Aug 15, 2013, 9:36 PM

as a Purple Heart recipient, I am not enamored with the idea of linking a purple football jersey to a Purple Heart. If the team wants to wear purple, fine with me but I'd rather it was not linked to the Purple Heart. One thing for sure, the shirt/jersey makers will make tons of $$$$ off this idea.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

omg smh***

Aug 16, 2013, 4:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, I give up.

Aug 16, 2013, 8:01 AM

I'll go to Belk or somewhere and get a purple shirt but I'm not wearing orange or white pants with it, by dern.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just borrow a purple shirt from hartins...

Aug 16, 2013, 8:23 AM

he has a closet full.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Speaking of closet...

Aug 16, 2013, 8:27 AM

Good morning. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Closet is crowded these days...

Aug 16, 2013, 8:30 AM

what with GWP, lbu, Dave, and Joe still packed in there.

And good morning to you to friend :)

when you two ladies r thru exchanging pleasantries, maybe we

Aug 16, 2013, 8:34 AM

can get back to our regularly scheduled programming?

morans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we still talking about DRad and the WEZ?

Aug 16, 2013, 8:39 AM

Or can we move on to something more mindless?

it's friday

Aug 16, 2013, 8:41 AM

have you got your mindless on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No today I'm wearing FTLs...

Aug 16, 2013, 8:49 AM

Or did you mean something else?

Been in the works for a while

Aug 16, 2013, 11:29 AM

I was at Clemson from 2006-2010 and there was always a push to have a purple out. I remember one time we got an email from the president or Terry Don dissuading the students from having a Purple out and talked about "solid orange it's about pride." I have always wanted a to see Death Valley in purple once. I'm glad student government found a great way to honor the military and have a purple out game.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic