Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Jordan Leggett injury update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Jordan Leggett injury update

Aug 14, 2013, 9:04 PM

Jordan Leggett injury update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very relieved by this news.

Aug 14, 2013, 9:13 PM

Leggett has the skills to contribute immediately. Glad he won't miss out on the season.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Good news...I guess?

Aug 14, 2013, 9:16 PM

We could use some depth at TE against the pups, but at least he'll be back for the majority of the season, and evidently cooper is coming about halfway through the season, so that's good

Our game vs. UGA shouldn't hinge on a true frosh TE

Aug 14, 2013, 9:20 PM

I'll just say this... if we're relying on a true freshman at TE to win the game vs. UGA, we're doing something wrong. I think between Seckinger and McCullough we should be alright. Seckinger will surprise some people.

Re: Our game vs. UGA shouldn't hinge on a true frosh TE

Aug 14, 2013, 9:26 PM

I didn't mean that as to say we rely on him, but in the overall passing game, the TE is a pretty helpful asset. I doubt this will change the outcome of the game, it's just nice to have all depth possible. Makes me feel "safer" in a sense

Re: Our game vs. UGA shouldn't hinge on a true frosh TE

Aug 15, 2013, 9:57 PM

He was our best TE. What depth do we have at that position? Maybe I'm missing something. Seckinger is 30 pounds underweight, and McCullough has yet to show up.

Re: Good news...I guess?

Aug 15, 2013, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Good news...I guess? ]

this IS excellent news! I'm sure he would've played limited snaps against UGA, but we NEED our very best & most experienced players on the field to whip the dawgies for sure! at least he'll be able to participate soon & continue to learn, practice & grow in our system...it may even be a good thing to slow it down for him slightly & relieve some pressure in a young player with BIG expectations. he Will contribute this season I'm positive of that. Seckinger looked good in the spring game after re-watching it 3 times over the last few days (surprised that ESPN & media are lovin us so much!!!).
GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: Good news...I guess?

Aug 15, 2013, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Good news...I guess? ]

So what quality tight end do we have available against UGA? They have two all-Americans at that position. This is looking grimmer with every passing day.

That is a relief....

Aug 14, 2013, 9:22 PM

However, we need some of these TE to really step up before we take the field against UGA.

Re: That is a relief....

Aug 15, 2013, 10:01 PM

Who are you referring to as far as stepping up goes? Are there some hidden talents there that we just haven't been informed of??

I think Seckinger will step up and........

Aug 14, 2013, 9:28 PM

be the man now at TE. He was an outstanding receiver in HS and just needed a big opportunity. Well, here it is. I realize that he may not be the starter, but he is the best receiver.

yeah, wasn't he some highly rated stud in HS??***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:53 PM

He was a little overlooked coming out of HS.........

Aug 14, 2013, 10:07 PM

because he came from a small school. But he put up gaudy receiving numbers and really impressed our staff with his size, athleticism, versatility and toughness. He could play wr in the slot if he had to but gives us a real intelligent, hands guy at TE.

Re: yeah, wasn't he some highly rated stud in HS??***

Aug 15, 2013, 10:07 PM [ in reply to yeah, wasn't he some highly rated stud in HS??*** ]

Yeah, but he's still 25 pounds underweight for a TE, who has to be able to block as well as catch passes. So when he's in the game, UGA will know we aren't going to run, because he can't block effectively. Dead giveaway.

Re: I think Seckinger will step up and........

Aug 14, 2013, 11:25 PM [ in reply to I think Seckinger will step up and........ ]

agreed. seckinger has reportedly been much more physical recently, and he certainly has the receiving skills to get the job done. he knew that he was going to be starting this game since april. i think he's going to be just fine. in the bigger picture of the season though, getting cooper and legget back is huge. very relieved to hear that legget's injury does not require surgery.

Long term

Aug 15, 2013, 10:22 AM [ in reply to I think Seckinger will step up and........ ]

I think Leggett is going be the man.

Re: Long term

Aug 15, 2013, 10:14 PM

If he has a medial ligament tear, then he should have surgery. They don't heal themselves. Don't sacrifice a potentially great player for some short-term gain. I hope Dr. Bowman will step in and knock some sense into these coaches' heads.

The Chad will have a plan. We have plenty of Hands that

Aug 14, 2013, 9:48 PM

can catch the ball. He will work a plan that will work around these misfortunate circumstances. Have daith in The Chad!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

typo......

Aug 14, 2013, 9:49 PM

Have FAITH! ;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

21 TD's from the Tight End spot the last two years. That

Aug 14, 2013, 10:19 PM

number is unreal. That's a ton of production from any receiver position but for the Tight End spot that is a big big number.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stanton has got a pair of hands...

Aug 15, 2013, 8:56 AM

I remember watching some of his HS videos. One thing that always stood out was his ability to catch the ball.
Seemed to always pluck the ball out regardless of how poorly it was thrown to him. We will be just fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WNCTiger11

Re: 21 TD's from the Tight End spot the last two years. That

Aug 15, 2013, 10:15 PM [ in reply to 21 TD's from the Tight End spot the last two years. That ]

And that's just what we don't have now.

Our 1st Conference game is 09/19. Hope he's back.***

Aug 15, 2013, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Football Player Update: Jordan Leggett injury update

Aug 15, 2013, 9:06 AM

this is huge... the TE and wheel route to a RB are Clemson's only way to deceive the defense when you need a big play and the WRs are well defended. and they go hand and hand, so w/o a TE, the wheel route doesn't work as well. yes, we get him back, but everyone know we're playing a 3 game season and we need to be at full strength for game 1.

Aug 15, 2013, 10:19 PM

Exactly, and we won't be nearly anywhere full strength
against UGA. Our only hope is that they make a ton of mistakes.

Aug 16, 2013, 2:41 AM

Gamecock fan here. I followed this today & I'm glad for him & CU that it seems to be a fairly minor injury that could have been much much worse. So get well soon Jordan Leggett. I do not wanna see any of these great kids hurt on either side!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic