Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Soldier to football leader
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Soldier to football leader

Aug 14, 2013, 8:54 PM

Soldier to football leader

It would have been easy for Daniel Rodriguez to take it easy after he was thrust into the limelight last season. However, taking the easy way out has never been the way Rodriguez approaches life, and now he simply wants to be known as Daniel the teammate and Daniel the football player. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Soldier to football leader

Aug 14, 2013, 8:56 PM

Salute to a great American Hero and a great Tiger for life!!!!!!!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Front Page Story: Soldier to football leader

Aug 14, 2013, 9:29 PM

So proud that this guy is a Tiger!

love the kid love the story..... Now lets let him just be a football player

Aug 14, 2013, 9:31 PM

I'm glad he's working hard to contribut, but I can't lie and say I'm not burnt out in the story.Daniels is a great young man

Re: love the kid love the story..... Now lets let him just be a football player

Aug 14, 2013, 9:50 PM

The Rodriguez story is a little story. Really, it's immaterial in the big scope of things. Daniel wants to play football. He wants to compete. He's a walk on. He's trying. Let him play. It's just a little story.

Or maybe, for generations of Clemson men and women, going back a long time, and hopefully going forward a long time, maybe it's not so little after all. A lot of Clemson men and women have served their country well. A place for Daniel Rodriguez at Clemson is just a little thing, but it's a fine thing too.

There IS something in these hills.

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are spot on...

Aug 14, 2013, 11:21 PM

The years have slipped away along with my memory but I remember one of my older professors was a survivor of the battan death march.

Wish I could remember his name...he had unbelievable and also heartbreaking stories he would share about it.

Do remember him saying a 1/2 dozen kids from Clemson's class of 1940 where with him and didn't make it.

Re: You are spot on...

Aug 14, 2013, 11:31 PM

I suspect that was Col. Ben Skardon. There is a good story about him and his Clemson ring somewhere on the web

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: like it or not, he will never be just a football player

Aug 14, 2013, 10:10 PM [ in reply to love the kid love the story..... Now lets let him just be a football player ]

But, what makes it special to me is hearing from his coaches, teammates and him how he is not asking for special treatment. He wants to earn everything and is willing to work for it. Regardless of his stats on the field, his four years at Clemson will be a special time and I appreciate the insight articles like this one provide.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

I'm not nearly as burned out on his story...

Aug 14, 2013, 10:19 PM [ in reply to love the kid love the story..... Now lets let him just be a football player ]

as I am on the phrase "All In".

"All In" is great, especially before it got used by Chizik

Aug 15, 2013, 12:22 PM

He's not just a football player,,He Is A Clemson Tiger***

Aug 15, 2013, 4:49 AM

Re: He's not just a football player,,He Is A Clemson Tiger***

Aug 15, 2013, 8:09 AM

Agree

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After what he has been through....

Aug 15, 2013, 8:34 AM

It would be easy for him to claim PTSD and sit back and collect assistance. I know others who served and some of them just can't handle the stress of what they experienced. Sadly a lot of them just use PTSD as an excuse. I have sympathy for those who have actual PTSD , but I have much more respect for Daniel Rodriguez for sacking up and carrying on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night.....

Aug 15, 2013, 10:36 AM

because there's rough men standing ready to do violence on their behalf" -- George Orwell. D-Rod was one of those rough men and he understands that you don't use the rewind button OR the fast forward button in life...you just wake up every morning, if you're lucky, and you just press PLAY and that works just fine. The pause button works sometimes too when you pause and reflect back on how lucky you are to still be alive unlike some of your brothers who didn't make it home from that hell hole called Afghanistan. This kid gets it....totally gets it, and he realizes that hard work, determination, and passion are a gift instead of an anvil on your back once you realize that NOTHING in life is as hard as facing the enemy, hunting the enemy, and being hunted by the enemy.....once you've tasted that world, waking up every day in a free nation is an opportunity to make yourself better, make others around you better, and spend every day on earth thankful that you CAN work hard. From a Marine to a Soldier named D-Rod, Semper Fidelis, brother.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic