Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: CBS's Gary Danielson predicts Alabama over Clemson in BCS Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Football Update: CBS's Gary Danielson predicts Alabama over Clemson in BCS Championship

Aug 11, 2013, 2:29 PM

CBS's Gary Danielson predicts Alabama over Clemson in BCS Championship

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: CBS's Gary Danielson predicts Alabama over Clemson in BCS Championship

Aug 11, 2013, 2:36 PM

hell at least someone has us in it lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: CBS's Gary Danielson predicts Alabama over Clemson in BCS Championship

Aug 11, 2013, 11:24 PM

+1 Was just thinking same thing....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can almost guarantee he went into how its an easy schedule

Aug 11, 2013, 2:39 PM

so it's ours to blow.

Have you looked

Aug 11, 2013, 2:43 PM

At Alabama schedule? They have a one game schedule at TAM....

hey, they play lsu,too.

Aug 11, 2013, 2:48 PM

they have a 2 game schedule. we do that in the acc atlantic every year,with fsu and nc state,or maryland,or someone else who happens to find an acorn during one particular year! never mind who we play in the coastal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hey, they play lsu,too.

Aug 11, 2013, 2:54 PM

At home and LSU loss there entire defense from last year.

They will still be as good as FSU***

Aug 11, 2013, 3:01 PM

what??? fsu is breaking in a new qb, but i would still take

Aug 11, 2013, 3:03 PM

fsu over lsu, and i don't care if the game is in baton rouge, at night - or in tallahassee.

An easy schedule with UGA, Scar, FSU, ACCCG not to

Aug 11, 2013, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Can almost guarantee he went into how its an easy schedule ]

mention GT. Conference road games won't be easy either. Heck, we have a tougher SEC schedule than Bama.

Actually, he talked about Tajh and Sammy.***

Aug 12, 2013, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Can almost guarantee he went into how its an easy schedule ]

Gary...

Aug 11, 2013, 3:00 PM

Said nothing about being an easy schedule, but games against Georgia and South Carolina will play a big role.

I think we all know we have to go undefeated to make it to

Aug 11, 2013, 3:19 PM

the NC game. A one loss SEC team may be a shoe in, but they would never take a one loss ACC team. That means he is calling for us to be 12-0. I'll take that.

Re: I think we all know we have to go undefeated to make it to

Aug 11, 2013, 9:08 PM

Actually, his quote was that he believed a 1-loss Clemson team that splits against UGA and USC could sneak in and play for it all. That was the scenario he gave when he picked us anyway. Said he thought most others would have 2 losses

Re: I think we all know we have to go undefeated to make it to

Aug 11, 2013, 11:32 PM

I say we beat Bama in NC game. To much offence for Bama's big D lineman, and we wear their D DOWN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats nice

Aug 11, 2013, 3:22 PM

But I dont see how we can beat a team that feeds their players steroids like breath mints.

You run them to death... Endurance over size every time.***

Aug 11, 2013, 8:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What will the obs say about that???***

Aug 11, 2013, 3:28 PM

Well, he's half right.

Aug 11, 2013, 3:30 PM

It'll be Alabama vs. Clemson.

You got that right!!!!!!!!!!!!***

Aug 11, 2013, 3:34 PM

I wish it wasn't that way.

Aug 11, 2013, 3:35 PM

I don't like being this popular at this time of the season. When they stick you on top there's only one way to go if you move.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's the biggest SEC homer on TV.***

Aug 11, 2013, 3:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Gary "Nicki, I'll hold it to the swelling goes... " Danielson***

Aug 11, 2013, 9:00 PM

null

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats probably bc he exclusively covers SEC games***

Aug 12, 2013, 8:48 AM [ in reply to He's the biggest SEC homer on TV.*** ]

Some long odds money is on Oregon to the BCS...

Aug 11, 2013, 4:10 PM

...because the only tough game where they could lose is against Stanford. Some may argue the PAC 12 is tough, but still Oregon should sail in most of their conference games, including UCLA (Mora led after all) and their rival Oregon St.

Oregon and Clemson would be fun to watch too.

Re: Some long odds money is on Oregon to the BCS...

Aug 11, 2013, 6:51 PM

You're underselling the PAC12 in my opinion. They've got a great collection of teams and coaches. I think they're far ahead of the ACC, B1G or Big XII top to bottom.

The regular conference arguments....

Aug 11, 2013, 11:48 PM

...and you might be right. I'm just saying Oregon is favored heavily in all but the Stanford game at this point.

But to me it just seems like the bottom of the PAC is not as bad as the ACC or Bigs. After all, only Oregon and Stanford are highly ranked by the coaches. Outside of those two, there aren't any top 20 teams. Stretch to 25 and you pick up the bulk of the PAC 12. USC and UCLA will have to play Stanford and Oregon State will have to get by both Stanford and Oregon. So, by the end of the season they will probably end up with 3 Top 25 like the end of last year, or maybe only 2.

If the bottom - and maybe the middle - of the ACC were better, not necessarily to be ranked in the preseason, Clemson and FSU might get a little more credit. Just my opinion, but Miami should be in the preseason 25, but strength of schedule hurts them statistically.

Aug 11, 2013, 4:40 PM

Schedule sets up perfectly. Clemson doesn't play a typical weak ACC schedule. You add fla st and uga and a decent sc team and schedule is not the issue. If Clemson goes 12-0 I have no doubt they will play for national champ. That hasn't been the case in years thanks to uga and sc being top 10 teams.

Clemson controls their own destiny.

Aug 11, 2013, 4:47 PM

Clemson controls their own destiny.
You could say that about both Georgia and South Carolina too! They all three, for the first time since I have been alive, control their own destiny from the beginning of the season until the end, and I am almost 60.WOW!

Aug 11, 2013, 4:54 PM

Everyone controls their own destiny every year when the season starts. I should say most everyone if Utah St. runs the table they are still not playing for a national title.

Don't we have to go 13-0 to make it to MNC??***

Aug 11, 2013, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: CBS's Gary Danielson predicts Alabama over Clemson in BCS Championship ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol...even at 13-0...

Aug 11, 2013, 6:15 PM

I'm not sure they'd "suffer the ignominy" of having an ACC team participate in the final and most watched college football game of the year (Clemson, FlaSt and MAYBE VaTech would be the ACC teams with the possibility of overcoming conference bias)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2013, 4:53 PM

I got Texas A&M vs Clemson with Clemson winning of course. However I would be fine with beating Alabama.

I wouldn't want it any other way if given a choice. +1.***

Aug 11, 2013, 9:02 PM

I would be thrilled

Aug 11, 2013, 6:03 PM

just to get to Pasadena.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were thrilled to get to the Orange Bowl - don't want the

Aug 11, 2013, 6:11 PM

same results as that - or Notre Dame vs Alabama!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta get there first. Then you have the opportunity.

Aug 11, 2013, 7:39 PM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too

Aug 12, 2013, 9:36 AM [ in reply to I would be thrilled ]

As long as we don't get blown out.

Aug 11, 2013, 9:35 PM

I would add if fla st, Uga, SC, stay or end highly ranked Clemson could go 2-1 against those teams and still make it to the nat champ winning ACC against a decent Miami team. Unfortunately for many here in that scenario if you go 2-1 against that group it helps to lose to Uga early on and build up steam winning the rest of them. That would cause a meltdown around here before fighting back to take it all

I think we're all smart enough to avoid making that leap.

Aug 12, 2013, 12:01 AM

Would be nice but the rational approach is game by game.

Guess he's picking us over both UGA and SCAR? That

Aug 16, 2013, 3:41 PM

in itself is a surprise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic