Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Defensive tidbits from Saturday's scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Defensive tidbits from Saturday's scrimmage

Aug 11, 2013, 8:48 AM

Defensive tidbits from Saturday's scrimmage

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables said his defense was too inconsistent for his liking during Saturday's scrimmage, but is seeing some good things out of the freshmen. What does he say about Ben Boulware, Shaq Lawson and Korrin Wiggins? What does Vic Beasley say was the main problem of the defense, and could extra running fix those woes? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could Venables be any more intense?

Aug 11, 2013, 10:15 AM

I can't remember being so impressed by both our offensive and defensive coordinators at the same time. Energy to spare.

These 2 coordinator's intensity and Dabo's passion are

Aug 11, 2013, 3:06 PM

great and such an upgrade.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for healthy corners and safetys

Aug 11, 2013, 11:02 AM

Murray and squad can beat up a mediocre secondary. And so far we haven't heard much good about those positions. A lot more about the line, which is a good thing. Pressuring Murray will help. But it can't be the entire strategy to slow down their offense.

Jayron Kearse?

Aug 11, 2013, 12:46 PM

Can he not play corner...I know he's big but a long strider. Didn't hear his name mentioned unless I over looked his name.

Re: Jayron Kearse?

Aug 11, 2013, 12:48 PM

Sure! So can Grady Jarrett - just not very well.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

from what I can gather

Aug 11, 2013, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Jayron Kearse? ]

long term, Kearse will be an OLB.

Beasley says the defense is out of shape......

Aug 11, 2013, 12:47 PM

what have they been doing all summer?

Can you imagine what it would be like if you haven't

Aug 11, 2013, 12:54 PM

been going against this offense all summer and spring? Yikes!

Clemson

Say, Bubba.........

Aug 11, 2013, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Beasley says the defense is out of shape...... ]

Why don't you check your own team and worry about your their shortcomings before you start slinging sh*t in here:

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/uga-sports/2013/aug/07/georgias-richt-disappointed-tired-team-after-1st-s/

It sounds to me like your guys are tired on BOTH sides of the ball, so what the #### have they been doing all summer?

Huh?

Crickets from Bubba!!!!

Aug 11, 2013, 8:31 PM

You are on the money, man!!! Thumbs up!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't worry, we'll turn up the a.c. for y'all when we play

Aug 11, 2013, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Beasley says the defense is out of shape...... ]

on 8/31. we ran 100 plays during our scrimmage, guess how many plays we ran against lsu, and what was that result? if the scrimmage tired us out, you can expect the same thing from your guys when they get to play an actual game against our version of the hunh offense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't worry, we'll turn up the a.c. for y'all when we play

Aug 11, 2013, 2:32 PM

My ONLY concern is regarding the "100 plays" thing, is that UGA will use a balanced attack to keep their O on the field, and our O on the sidelines. We can't run 70 plays if our O is on the sidelines, I don't care how good our O is. I think even a dumb coach (and Richt is NOT dumb) would attempt to use ball-control to keep our O off the field. Murray is an excellent QB and UGA has 2 of the best RB's in the country - that's going to be hard-to-impossible for our D to control. Coach BV had better be making our D work extremely hard - and it sounds like he is. We might be okay if our D shows up.

Re: Re: don't worry, we'll turn up the a.c. for y'all when we play

Aug 11, 2013, 6:52 PM

Streakin - I agree with you and think many on here believing that 100 plays is a given against UGA and 100 plays will also mean a certain win are not being realistic.

Chad got 105 plays run in the CFA Bowl and it was a last second 1 point win against one of the most predictable and boring offenses in the SEC. I don't think anyone on the board would argue with the statement that Georgia's offense is far better than LSU's.

LSU only ran 54 plays. One has to believe Georgia will get in more plays than that. Focusing on running 100 plays is misguided IMO.

Re: don't worry, we'll turn up the a.c. for y'all when we play

Aug 11, 2013, 8:07 PM [ in reply to don't worry, we'll turn up the a.c. for y'all when we play ]

No team can defend 100 plays in DV in August, no team. Maybe the extra time with the cream puff and our off week will get our D in shape....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100+ plays can tire***

Aug 11, 2013, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Beasley says the defense is out of shape...... ]

100+ plays can tire any defense. Ask LSU.***

Aug 11, 2013, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Beasley says the defense is out of shape...... ]

We certainly know what you've been doing.***

Aug 11, 2013, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Beasley says the defense is out of shape...... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Beasley says the defense is out of shape......***

Aug 11, 2013, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Beasley says the defense is out of shape...... ]

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Just kick back, relax. It says SEC below your collarbone!

Aug 11, 2013, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Beasley says the defense is out of shape...... ]

So when, the clock strikes zero in Death Valley, and you see your balls on the ground..

The worst thing you can do is pick 'em up. Because yourass is gonna feel the point of a boot go up. And when I wiggle my toes, your eyes will blink in Morse Code..

Doc Tesla Doc Tesla Doc Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Just kick back, relax. It says SEC below your collarbone!

Aug 12, 2013, 12:44 AM

Great post Doc.

Peters is out again?

Aug 11, 2013, 1:39 PM

We got to stick him back in there

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Peters is out again?

Aug 11, 2013, 1:52 PM

All of these injuries concern me. I don't want to be another NC State. You know, "If half of our team wasn't injured, we'd be REAL good."

Hopefully we can get these DBs back or else we are in

Aug 11, 2013, 3:10 PM

trouble.

Re: Front Page Story: Defensive tidbits from Saturday's scrimmage

Aug 11, 2013, 3:21 PM

Vic Beasely, we got kind of tired out there. That surely don't sound good when facing a running game as stout as the one UGA will bring into DV. They better get in shape, and quick. And our back ups better get in shape also or, the UGA offense will have our D looking like the LSU D in the 4th quarter. Come on BV, our D should have been in better shape when fall practice started. With our D being that tired 20 days before our first game against a team like UGA. That should tell BV that our D wasn't All In during summer work outs.

Aug 11, 2013, 3:54 PM

It doesn't mean our defense isn't ready, or isn't in good shape physically. All it means is that 100 plays wore out our defense......

What do you think it would do to UGA's defense (or anyone else's defense?)

Assuming we can get off the field on defense, I'm willing to guess the Bulldogs will not be able to take the chaotic mental and physical effects of 100 plays..... maybe not even 80 plays.

Not sure why people are missing the 100+ plays

Aug 11, 2013, 5:58 PM

on a 90 degree day. WHAT team would not be tired??

Re: Not sure why people are missing the 100+ plays

Aug 11, 2013, 10:44 PM

Team of Spectators sitting in air condition dwellings. Not to mention high humidity after much rain each day.

Aug 12, 2013, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Defensive tidbits from Saturday's scrimmage ]

The D being tired has more to 2 with 6 straight days of physical high intensity practice with at least on 2 a day in the mix. Man if they were not in shape from summer workouts they would not have made it 100 plays on Saturday....
The week before UGa come to DV will be like a mini vacation compared to last week and they will have fresh legs and hopefully we will have 5 healthy corners....
I assume the corners are also involved in those Oklahoma drills. They ain't accustomed to that kind of banging.

don't forget

Aug 12, 2013, 6:49 AM

They've practiced hard this week. more than they usually would on a game week

Re: don't forget

Aug 12, 2013, 10:30 AM

smart guy

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive