Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 9, 2013, 7:33 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

Hope all is well. I am writing to talk about Ben Cleveland the Kid from Stephens County Georgia we are recruitin

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 9, 2013, 9:49 AM

I want us to beat USC this year as much as anyone... but those who are denigrating this team for losing 4 straight need to keep in mind that USC has beaten UGa 3 straight games and UGa was a win in the SEC championship game away from the NAtional Championship last year. USC has had the best 3 or 4 year run in it's history... and I think we are poised to go on a 4 or 5 year run as well. I hope it starts this year!

Re: Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 9, 2013, 9:57 AM

I think its how we lost those 4 games that is so unsettling. They completely dominated the first three games and beat us with a backup qb and rb by double digits last year. No excuse for not being more competitive against our in state rival.

You don't want us to beat the Dirt Peckers as much as I do

Aug 9, 2013, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag ]

or you wouldn't make excuses for getting destroyed and dominated by Spurrier. I could care less that this is the best they have ever been, if Dabo is all that and a pack of granola bars (for our bleeding heart friends), then he would win. Is that too much to ask? It's the same old tired excuse for Jack getting whipped by Poultry Lice University; THEY'RE JUST REALLY GOOD RIGHT NOW.

Well cry me a river - I don't CARE!

Is Dabo a world better than Tommy - yes and it's not even close. Is he Saban - even for Mickey that's a stretch of immense proportions.

So let me ask you, are you fine with Spurrier whipping us every year since they are finally good now? When do you say enough is enough? six, seven, eight, ten, twenty in a row? GIVE ME A NUMBER? I'm so tired of all the cowards on T-Net that excuse this pitiful and embarrassing streak.

I loved Cody's comment about a National Championship and we can't win the State Championship, which must be fine with all the losers who want to be cheerleaders.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You don't want us to beat the Dirt Peckers as much as I do

Aug 9, 2013, 7:30 PM

This message says nothing about making excuses for losing to the Gamecocks. Its simply saying appreciate the level of enthusiasm that Dabo brings to the program, and don't let Dabo's record against USC be your only way of judging him. We will take the Gamecocks down soon enough.

Aug 9, 2013, 11:27 PM [ in reply to You don't want us to beat the Dirt Peckers as much as I do ]

Sakerlina has definitely dominated us the past 4 years, but i can live with that. Here's my reasons why. First, Dabo is young and has learned how to be a head coach on the job. Think about his first few games as head coach. I wasn't sold on him, but it's been a pleasure watching him become one of the finest young head coaches in the country. Same with Coach Morris. He's been learning how to coach on this level on the job. I wouldn't trade either of them for anyone else. Now take a look at Spurrier. He's been coaching a lot longer and has lot more experience. That is why we've lost the past couple; Spurrier simply outcoached our staff. The difference is this is Spurrier's last stop. While I commend him on his success (and you have to give him credit for the job he's done), Columbia is where legendary coaches go to die. Swinney is just getting started. Clemson will only get better. Sakerlina is as good as they're going to get.
Second, we've had a young team that hasn't really been able to move to that "player-driven" mold that is the hallmark of all great teams. Tajh was in Swinney's first class, and now it looks like the players are starting to take charge of themselves rather than having to be coached constantly. It took Spurrier several seasons to accomplish this feat in Columbia. Again, Clemson is starting to show it's enormous potential. Sakerlina has plateaued.
Swinney will get it done against the #####, and I think this year might be the year he puts them back in their place. He's got the staff to do it now, and the players are as tired of hearing about it as the rest of us. It won't be long before Sakerlina is just another speedbump for us and they're still pulling the whole "but remember when" routine that they've perfected over the past 117 years.

Aug 11, 2013, 9:57 AM

I appreciate the thoughtful reply as clearly the ole ball sack is at the end of his career. At least you acknowledge he has out-coached Dabo and staff, which most can't admit to but is painfully obvious.
I think Spurrier has also benefited from FL and TN recent downward spiral, although both are trending up now. Plus, he was able to secure a few great players from SC who just happened to be life long Lamecocks fans.
All that being said, we still have to stop the streak and win the state championship. I don't think we win this year but if we get beat at home next year, that is a record I don't think can be overlooked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2013, 7:51 AM

That is a more thoughtful post. I doubt anybody who is a Clemson fan likes or even wants to tolerate the coots winning any games against us, much less 4 in a row, but things like that sometimes happen. usuc has a great X's and O's coach who knows how to win games. Yes he is a jerk, but he knows football. Still, I wouldn't trade Dabo for spurlid. Also, our administration won't allow Dabo to do some of the things they are doing with admissions, etc., but we are doing pretty good adjusting with that, too. Dabo has come a long way, and most can see we are making progress. We finally are getting the quality depth we need to compete at the highest levels (see LSU game), and we finally have put together a coaching staff who seem to know how to coach. Granted, Dabo has been learning a lot as he has grown into the job, but it did take spurlid about 10 years to make usuc much of a factor, and he already was a proven HC. I'm seeing players, staff and attitudes at Clemson change back to an expectation that we want to see. That change in culture happened at usuc, too, and that is why our game now has become a rivalry again. We will beat usuc again, but remember, they don't have the same standards we have to deal with. It is a little easier for them, but even with that we will overcome. If I didn't believe that, I would lose interest in the game, and that won't happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2013, 4:58 PM [ in reply to You don't want us to beat the Dirt Peckers as much as I do ]

<<
I loved Cody's comment about a National Championship and we can't win the State Championship, which must be fine with all the losers who want to be cheerleaders.
>>

Well USC is 1 win 1 loss against Alabama, on Texas A&M has a better record over the last 5 years, 1win 0 loss. We are 0 1 against Alabama.

My point was that we need to get better. We only won the ACC once in the last 5 years... there is no mystery to why we have lost 4 of 5.

The success or failure of the football team is NOT wrapped

Aug 13, 2013, 7:58 AM [ in reply to You don't want us to beat the Dirt Peckers as much as I do ]

up in winning/losing to UCS. If that is the only game that is important to you then you must be a fan that jumps on and off the bandwagon at will when we win or lose the UCS game. I personally will take winning the ACC any day over beating UCS. We dominated them since 1991 up until the last four years but were we having the success that brings national attention on the program like we are now? Yes Dabo has proven to be all that but not sure about the granola bars.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Cody guy nailed it

Aug 9, 2013, 2:34 PM

well said

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What has happened to basic writing skills in this country?

Aug 11, 2013, 10:23 AM

The English language was just butchered in this mail bag.

lol....omg.....imo..... texting and the lack of creative

Aug 11, 2013, 10:25 AM

writing. in the next 50 years classes like creative writing will probably not exist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What has happened to basic writing skills in this country?

Aug 12, 2013, 12:54 AM [ in reply to What has happened to basic writing skills in this country? ]

This is a Clemson Football blog. Thanks for the insightful analysis in your one sentenced remarks. You are clearly smarter than everyone else. Instead of adding some depth to these topics or a new perspective, you thought it would be best to critique the writing skills of emailers in a football blog, and in doing so, proving your intellectual supremacy. This is also why you probably don't have any friends.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Aug 13, 2013, 7:19 AM

Cody made a great, accurate and telling post. We are far along in the process, but we are building a great football legacy, and it is one Clemson fans can be proud of for a long time. Done the right way by coaches who see the big picture in, not just football but also in life. So glad Dabo is ours!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic