Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: "the Kid from Clemson" looking good at Jets Camp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: "the Kid from Clemson" looking good at Jets Camp

Jul 29, 2013, 9:54 AM

"the Kid from Clemson" looking good at Jets Camp

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: "the Kid from Clemson" looking good at Jets Camp

Jul 29, 2013, 10:03 AM

still amazed he wasnt drafted but sounds like it will work out ok for him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Dalton has always had an issue with weight

Jul 29, 2013, 10:08 AM

specifically putting enough of it on. They might be worried he can't handle some of the DTs he'd see in the NFL

Re: I think Dalton has always had an issue with weight

Jul 29, 2013, 10:38 AM

He wasn't great in 1-on-1 situations with talented nose tackles, and you face at lot more 3-4 defenses in the NFL. A lot of that was due to his size/strength.

Jul 29, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: "the Kid from Clemson" looking good at Jets Camp ]

Shows how truly awful the line play has been. Freeman stood out as a surefire NFLer on an otherwise pedestrian line. Yet when draft time comes around even he isn't drafted and can only hope to make it to the practice squad on a team without a backup center.

If Clemson wants to get to the next level, the level most on here think is the present, the lines must improve. There is no way to recruit hot shot wrs rbs athletes without getting 4 star and above linemen to make an impact. The proof is in the recruiting stats, look at the last 5 years of the o-line signees. That is what is keeping another title from Clemson.

Once Tajh and Sammy leave, it will be an even bigger problem

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2013, 10:20 AM

agree, seems like we can field 2 or 3 really good lineman in a given year, yet have 2 or 3 that hold the entire unit back.

But then again, Freeman was voted the top center in the conference, and exactly how many centers got taken in the draft?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2013, 11:01 AM

well since 2011 we have signed 4 ESPN 150 linemen Spencer Region, Jay Guillermo, Patrick Destefano, and Tyrone Crowder but with that said about every Clemson beat writer I've read and even the offensive coaches say Isaiah Battle may be the most talented of the bunch and he wasn't but a 3 star so when it comes to linemen it is hard to accurately rank these guys coming out of high school because most of them go against weaker competition. Most ranking of lineman come from feet movement and technique which is easily taught and corrected at the next level....

It doesn't hurt Dalton that Clemson is connected to Rex too

Jul 29, 2013, 11:23 AM

That means he probably gets the benefit of the doubt in a 50/50 cut/keep scenario. It isn't always about what you know. It's who you know.

Re: It doesn't hurt Dalton that Clemson is connected to Rex too

Jul 29, 2013, 12:16 PM

I dont know about the % but I doubt it can hurt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OL seems especially hard to predict out of high school***

Jul 29, 2013, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: "the Kid from Clemson" looking good at Jets Camp ]

Six centers were drafted, but even a guy like Barrett Jones

Jul 29, 2013, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: "the Kid from Clemson" looking good at Jets Camp ]

that every commentator and analyst slobbered over last year only went in the 4th.

Travis FrederickOC Wisconsin 1 31(31) Dallas
Brian Schwenke OC California 4 10(107) Tennessee
Barrett Jones OC Alabama 4 16(113) St. Louis
Khaled Holmes OC USC 4 24(121) Indianapolis
Eric Kush OC California (PA) 6 2(170) Kansas City
T.J. Johnson OC South Carolina 7 45(251) Cincinnati

Re: Six centers were drafted, but even a guy like Barrett Jones

Jul 30, 2013, 2:32 AM

The reason why Barrett was drafted late was bc of an lingering injury that he played through most of the year,and went & got surgery on it thus missing both the combine drills and Ala's pro day otherwise he could have been a 1st rndr.

He is a lot closer to the dream of starting in the NFL than

Jul 29, 2013, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: "the Kid from Clemson" looking good at Jets Camp ]

I am, but he still has a long way to go.

His future is very uncertain.

Trade him to Denver, they are down to 4th string already.

Jul 29, 2013, 4:36 PM

:)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

dalton freeman

Jul 30, 2013, 2:28 AM

Should have been drafted but here's a thought...@ clemson's pro day he bench pressed 225lbs 34X. Though it wasn't the combine that is an impressive stat. I don't know which t-netter said something about signing or recruiting ''pedestrian'' linemen, but here's another thought. A lot of people thought that our O-line prod. would drop from 2011 to 2012 but instead our prod. increased big time.(2) it is very difficult to grade high school O-linemen bc of the level of competition and they're are not many 4 and 5* O-Linemen to go around so coaches have to carefully scout,recruit,sign,& develop those players, and lastly some of the best linemen in the NFL were either drafted 4-7rds or worse(or in dalton's case undrafted). And some drafted in the 1st & 2nd rnds fizzle out and never heard from again...

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic