Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: ACC Teams Have Clemson Game Circled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: ACC Teams Have Clemson Game Circled

Jul 26, 2013, 1:02 PM

ACC Teams Have Clemson Game Circled

Clemson was voted an overwhelming favorite to win the ACC last weekend and Clemson opponents say that has put a big old bulls eye on the Tigers' back. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come at us, bros

Jul 26, 2013, 1:20 PM

Teams really wanting to beat you makes for better football. Better football makes for happier fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Agree^^^

Jul 27, 2013, 9:19 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

We have not "arrived." We have to stay hungry and outwork,

Jul 26, 2013, 1:22 PM

outcoach, outperform, and outfan these other schools as players, coaches, and fans of Tigernation.\

I trust the team and coaches are doing this. As for the fans--let me tell you--I am ALL "Freaking" IN and here to outfan any other team's fans. Are you?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have not "arrived." We have to stay hungry and outwork,

Jul 26, 2013, 6:21 PM

ALL IN with you bro!!

This is OUR TIME!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Danny's teams handled that just fine. So will Dabo's.

Jul 26, 2013, 1:28 PM

Come get some.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Danny's teams handled that just fine. So will Dabo's.

Jul 26, 2013, 2:35 PM

Danny's teams lost one headscrather every year, but one.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 26, 2013, 3:29 PM

I will counter that by saying the teams were of better quality back in the day. The ACC is very much a "haves" vs. "have-nots" conference in its present form.

Yes, our recent losses to the coots were also headscratchers, by the way. Especially the last one. Why we abandoned the run I'll never know.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jul 26, 2013, 7:10 PM

You really think the ACC was better in the 80s?

I do not.

The ACC has added Miami, FSU, BC and VT since Danny coached.

Fo back and look at the individual records. Each year other than 81 we lost to a team with equal or more losses.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Actually,

Jul 29, 2013, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Danny's teams handled that just fine. So will Dabo's. ]

I say that scholarship limits have made for more parity in college football across the board. In Danny's day we would offer scholly's just to keep kids from going somewhere else.

Still,

Jul 29, 2013, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Danny's teams handled that just fine. So will Dabo's. ]

I say we roll in the ACC. Dabo knows how to keep a team motivated for every game.

Jul 26, 2013, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Danny's teams handled that just fine. So will Dabo's. ]

I feel like our Tigers are ready for all the dogs, big, small, and bad. Just come and GET you some!!! We can take it, but most of all, we can give it. Just go ask that big bad sec dog LSWho. Our Tigers will ROAR the loudest and bite the hardest in 2013!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring It! Let's Go Tigers!!!

Jul 26, 2013, 1:28 PM

Love to see how teams are now considering us the team to beat...the team to worry about. Shows as a whole, our program has made leaps and bounds from where it once was. Nice to see Clemson finally getting some recognition in the conference and from the nation. Now our boys just have to put it all together, keep a "one game at a time" midset, and play to their best. Looking forward to the season. Go Tigers!!!

Re: Bring It! Let's Go Tigers!!!

Jul 26, 2013, 5:34 PM

Yabba Dabba who!!! Fire Dabo my AS$!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good..'cause one of my major worries

Jul 26, 2013, 1:34 PM

about us, is that playing a bunch of acc patsies makes it difficult to play against tougher competition..can't help but think that some part of the coots' recent dominance is that we've gotten accustomed to inferior competition..i hope we get every acc team's best effort.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: good..'cause one of my major worries

Jul 26, 2013, 2:21 PM

<<
about us, is that playing a bunch of acc patsies makes it difficult to play against tougher competition
>>
If you look at USC's schedule the last few years they have played a patsy the week before they play us!!!

2009 bye week
2010 Troy
2011 Citadel
2012 Wofford
2013 Coastal Carolina

i was referring to the relatively weak state

Jul 26, 2013, 3:57 PM

of acc football, week in and week out, not simply the preceding game..imo, the sad state of our conference has hurt us simply because the bottom half is so bad..hopefully, the new additions will diminish that weakness..i would like the conference to require the bottom tier to take concrete steps to upgrade their programs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Being a real champion is about not just playing to the level

Jul 26, 2013, 4:33 PM [ in reply to good..'cause one of my major worries ]

of your competition but playing to the best of your ability. For our tigers to reach the goals we want, they are going to have to stay focused on each game and play it as if playing the NC game no matter whether we are playing Duke or SC.

Jul 26, 2013, 5:38 PM [ in reply to good..'cause one of my major worries ]

That's exactly what LSWho said. They said they are soft, they haven't played no body but SC and got beat, and we beat them. Yes we got beat, but all that ended that game.

Jul 26, 2013, 6:58 PM

certainly hope so..one game does not constitute a pattern, but hopefully, it marks the beginning of one.

GoTiguhs!!

Jul 26, 2013, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: good..'cause one of my major worries ]

Conference don't play football, players do. Clemson beat teams that usc lost to. Therefore this proved that conferences can't win. Its about the team you are facing any given Saturday.

Danny's teams didn't always ...

Jul 26, 2013, 2:24 PM

handle it well. If they had we would have won 2 or 3 more National Titles in the late 80's.

His teams were notorious for losing some head scratchers. Funny how that part of his legend is often forgotten.

Re: Danny's teams didn't always ...

Jul 26, 2013, 3:27 PM

I love Danny like a close relative but will agree 100% with you. Those were the glory days of CU football, but there were also some very frustrating moments back in those days. I do think that the ACC was better as a whole compared to the rest of the country too.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

I agree with your comments as well...

Jul 26, 2013, 8:56 PM

Danny was a legend, don't get me wrong. But I think his legend status is viewed differently among some of these 20 year olds on TigerNet.

If you truly believe some of these posts on Tigernet, one would think Danny never lost. I sat in Death Valley as a young 5th grader and watched an unranked NC State team take a 30-0 lead on my Tigers before the half...on homecoming! We made the game respectable only losing 30-28, but Danny had major let downs as well.

ooooooooh! I remember that one with NCSU.

Jul 26, 2013, 10:19 PM

yeah, that was a bummer. There was usually one-two like that a year to someone we should not have lost to, but he knew how to get them up for the big ones....like UGA, FSU, and all of the great bowl games. At least we tasted greatness with him as our leader. I think that Dabo is getting us back there. Now is his chance. If he does, I will be a lifelong fan of his.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

You're ABSOLUTELY Right!

Jul 27, 2013, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Danny's teams didn't always ... ]

Danny also had tendencies that cost him games......

The main one....... He wouldn't throw the ball when he was inside either twenty......and everyone knew it .

Not saying he never did.... But play calling inside the twenties was painfully obvious

Message was edited by: MackDaddy®

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Great article. Great to read the comments from other teams.***

Jul 26, 2013, 4:34 PM

null

Re: Front Page Story: ACC Teams Have Clemson Game Circled

Jul 26, 2013, 6:06 PM

Hopefully this kind of attention doesn't go to their heads...Clemson looks to have a fine team if they play to win, and put the proper effort into it. Its a long season, so a consistent effort will pay dividends when its all said and done...
When you play in a conference as good as the ACC, which puts a ton of players into the NFL, there are no gimmee games. Every team has talented players who can step up and make it a tough day for you. And if you ask the prognosticators, most of them will tell you they think FSU is the most talented team in the ACC, and they are in the Tigers division...and they beat us last year, and they took what would've been our crown.

Clemson had a great year last year, but guess what?? They were still second best in their own division, and they lost the state championship... Granted that was the best Coot team in their history, and FSU had an uber talented team which was very comparable to the Bowden haydays...but ill tell you what, Clemson could've taken both those games on their own merit...

I think Dabo....

Jul 26, 2013, 6:25 PM

Throwing away that magazine with Tajh's picture on it....in front of the entire team:

Should resonate nicely for the team to be focused.

I am ALL IN!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really, really hate the hype

Jul 26, 2013, 7:45 PM

History has shown that its tough to live up to.

would rather sneak up on teams.

But this is a new era, a very differnt team and staff than we have had in the past .

GO TIGERS

Re: I really, really hate the hype

Jul 26, 2013, 11:53 PM

Bama don't mind. To be the best you have to play like the best and beat the best. ANY GIVEN SATURDAY!

Bring it b!tches***

Jul 27, 2013, 12:09 AM

Maryland QB is has no clue about their schedule.....

Jul 27, 2013, 2:57 PM

we play them at College Park this year not at Death Valley!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That quote from Wake WR***

Jul 29, 2013, 4:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic