Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Modernizing the Program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Modernizing the Program

Jul 18, 2013, 9:29 AM

Modernizing the Program

Modernizing the Program
This past week we witnessed Dabo SwinneyDabo

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Modernizing the Program

Jul 18, 2013, 10:00 AM

So him being what he has been knock for many times has been an A+ for Dabo. He was in sales to feed his family. And he has carried what he learned in playing and coaching FB, and in sales. And he has applied them all in building our program at Clemson. Man we were lucky he was smart enough to put his life experiences together and be success for us at Clemson. If you can't love Dabo, you can't love anybody. I love him for what he has done for our Clemson Tigers. I have been hurting over our team for a long time. Thank you Dabo for easing that awful pain. Gooooo Daboooo, Goooooo Tigerssss!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Modernizing the Program

Jul 18, 2013, 10:17 AM

I think that Dabo is an excellent salesman, he sells the program to fans, to recruits and to coaches he wants to hire as well as to the Clemson administration.
I think one quality that helps him make that sale is that he loves college football, he loves Clemson and he loves his staff and players. I think that quality comes out in his actions and his comments.
Another quality that is helping to make him an effective head coach is his ability to make tough choices to fire those who are not getting the job done.

I think his best quality is how he strives FOR quality.***

Jul 18, 2013, 10:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So that's why Satan is whining about the HUNH offense? I

Jul 18, 2013, 10:10 AM

totally agree with most of your post about what Dabo has done but it's definitely not Satanese. He's done it his way and Nicki has nothing to do with it.

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Satan is getting like Dean Smith

Jul 18, 2013, 10:21 AM

the older and more success they have had the more whiney and entitled they seem to be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's been entitled since he got to Bama. Birmingham

Jul 18, 2013, 10:29 AM

(certain politicians and law firms) run the SEC, the BCS and seem to run the NCAA. Their ESPiN accomplices certainly magnify it.

Dumb jock to coach = myth. But the landscape has def

Jul 18, 2013, 11:35 AM

changed. Dabo's approach is correct, and we will go far with him. He's not afraid to make personnel moves and that includes firing friends and hiring coaches with more credentials than he has himself.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dumb jock to coach = myth. But the landscape has def

Jul 18, 2013, 7:44 PM

In order to be successful, much SACRIFICE is required. This he has done in many ways from the beginning. Coach Swinney is and has been TRUELY ALL-IN from day one. MAY GOD BLESS FOR A GREAT SEASON!

Tank Rules

Jul 18, 2013, 9:21 PM

brings nothing to the table on a sports forum .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

So name something Dabo brings on game day. Love to hear

Jul 19, 2013, 7:42 AM

It and say I'm wrong. Simply asked a question.

Tank - here's some thoughts for you

Jul 19, 2013, 10:38 AM

I understand that you feel Dabo does not bring anything to the table on game day; there is, on some level, an element of truth to what you state. However, the reality is none of us really know as we're not on the headphones, on the sidelines, etc. Also note that Saban has an offensive and defensive coordinator who call the plays on "game day". VERY few, and I mean VERY few, HC have a ton of impact on "GAME DAY". Part of the Ole Ball Sack calling plays is his own arrogance. Is he good at it - yes. Does he also panic and make bad decisions on game day - yes. Furthermore, make no mistake about it, he has won since being at Dirt ###### U with defense, not his vaulted offense. So perhaps you need to question his game day value.

There are different ways to succeed in any endeavor, any position, any job. Dabo has his own style and he has achieved a high level of success within a format that maximizes his skills and capabilities. Maybe you don't like it, I get it - but that doesn't make your statement accurate or substantive; it's just your opinion of how he manages the program. I believe Dabo's ultimate value is the process leading up to game day, which can't or shouldn't be under-valued.

Dabo has weakness like any coach but just because he doesn't call the plays does not mean he isn't or can't be as successful as any other HC who has more "game day" input.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tank - here's some thoughts for you

Jul 19, 2013, 10:01 PM

usc offensive production was less than the defensive production throughout the 2012 season. The defense kept and saved usc during many games last year. Is his offensive coordinator obsolete? Not much production there last year.

Re: Tank - here's some thoughts for you

Jul 19, 2013, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Tank - here's some thoughts for you ]

usc offensive production was less than the defensive production throughout the 2012 season. The defense kept and saved usc during many games last year. Is his offensive coordinator obsolete? Not much production there last year.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic