Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season?

Jul 13, 2013, 3:27 PM

Tigers set to embark on a great season?

The Tigers have the coaching, the schedule and the talent to make a run at a special season. Could that special season that Clemson fans have wished for since 1981 be on the horizon? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy throwing.

Jul 13, 2013, 3:40 PM

Keep em guessing Chad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Sammy throwing.

Jul 13, 2013, 5:28 PM

Didn't he throw a TD pass to Andre last year?

Yes

Jul 13, 2013, 9:34 PM

http://www.realclearsports.com/video/2012/09/23/clemsons_sammy_watkins_throws_52-yard_td.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dang! we should have won that game' str8 up 4th qtr meltdown***

Jul 13, 2013, 10:35 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season?

Jul 13, 2013, 3:40 PM

I like the way you think. The time is right, and with a keen focus on each play, in each game, we have a great chance to establish ourselves as a real national power and bring respect back to the program and to give credence to Dabo, our team, his staff and to our university that we are very special indeed. Spot the ball! The Tigers are ready!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2013, 4:55 PM

I'm sorry but, it's shameful that any American should have to write this in his article:

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to compare in any way, shape, form or fashion football to the brave men of our Greatest Generation and the sacrifices they made when the world needed them the most. Any of us who enjoy our lives and liberty owe all the people of that generation our gratitude, admiration and thanks. They were the greatest generation for a reason. Nor am I comparing football to Dwight Eisenhower or his letter – the letter is simply in its scope and effect in limited words.

Any intelligent person can read Hood's article and realize he wasn't comparing the two. The sad thing is that there are too many Americans who are either short of such intelligence and/or too full of self-righteous indignation that he would accuse him of doing it.

Don't sell yourself short, Hood. If people can't comprehend your article and see what you meant, that's their problem. And if you did want to make the comparison, so what? That's your right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jul 13, 2013, 6:10 PM

We ARE Tiger Nation!!

It is Clemson vs all the naysayers, doubters & skeptics!!

And they can all kiss our A$$ES!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2013, 9:58 PM

Does it make me a "naysayer" to point out that, as of now, we don't have a proven running back? We don't have a running back that would be ranked in the top 30 in the country. Then, there's our defensive secondary, which is questionable at best. We have one premier player. Where are the rest?? And people are tallking about a NC.??? Scary

None of US are buying the "we" in your post.

Jul 13, 2013, 10:01 PM

Andre Ellington was an elite back during his career at Clemson. Hot Rod is no less elite. hth

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: None of US are buying the "we" in your post.

Jul 13, 2013, 10:14 PM

Elite? He was a good back, but elite??? No way. If he makes in in the NFL, he won't be an every-down back, lacking the size or strength to do so. We at CU have forgotten what great backs are. Rod McDowell may turn out to be a great back, but I don't think so. A great back will burst out in his freshnman year, no later than his sophomore year. Maybe one of the incoming freshmen will step up. I hope so. Otherwise, we'll have no running game.

Just sit back and let The Chad worry bout the runnin game.

Jul 13, 2013, 10:39 PM

It'll be there just wait and see.

Jul 14, 2013, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Re: None of US are buying the "we" in your post. ]

It's hard to 'burst out' in your freshman or sophmore year when you're playing behind James Davis and CJ Spiller (which is what Hot Rod and AE both did) and now we have a stable of freshmen and sophmores.

Re: Re: None of US are buying the "we" in your post.

Jul 14, 2013, 6:34 AM [ in reply to Re: None of US are buying the "we" in your post. ]

It disgusts me that you doubt Rod that much. Like others said, he has played behind Spiller Harper and Ellington and not to mention had a great year as a second option back last year. The idea that your so confident that he is not 'elite' makes me and Clemson fans angry. Not that I think he is the next Adrian Peterson, but how dare you sell him that short. Many great backs only had one good college year due to the fact that they were playin behind other good backs. For all you know, Rod could rush for 1300 yards as our No. 1 back and be a first or second round pick. He 100% has the athletic ability to do so.

agreed. hotrod was very highly regarded out of hs., and

Jul 14, 2013, 6:46 AM

clemson has put several straight of our 1st team running backs into the nfl! you could say that we just reload at that position.

Jul 14, 2013, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: None of US are buying the "we" in your post. ]

What is with all of this "we" business? You surely do not sound as if you are any part of "we."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season?

Jul 13, 2013, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season? ]

Only one premier player? So is it Boyd or Watkins you don't think is elite? Be gone hater!

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season?

Jul 13, 2013, 10:15 PM

My mistake. We have two.

Jul 14, 2013, 2:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season? ]

It's like this, we don't care what others think we have or don't have rated or ranked. We know the types of players we will be sending out on the field in 2013. If they don't know, that will be the better. But we do know that we will be sending players in the line of fire that we can win with....

Jul 14, 2013, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season? ]

Go away #### boy!

No, it doesn't make you a naysayer.

Jul 15, 2013, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season? ]

It makes you a Coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Undefeated so far. Just maintain that. Piece of cake.***

Jul 13, 2013, 7:18 PM

Re: Undefeated so far. Just maintain that. Piece of cake.***

Jul 13, 2013, 9:59 PM

And it is cake, nothing more at this point.

Jul 13, 2013, 9:37 PM

I'd like to see Sammy with a passing, rushing , receiving and Special teams TD this year.

Jul 13, 2013, 10:01 PM

Would that make a great season?

Jul 13, 2013, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season? ]

Yeah, and get hin injured. Smart.

Jul 13, 2013, 11:40 PM

So how do I block an annoying user's posts???
Never felt the need till now.

Jul 15, 2013, 8:17 PM

That's what the ignore button is for., but if you can't see em you can't TD em.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jul 13, 2013, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season? ]

In order to achieve you, you first must believe. The least little doubt before the game began puts ones at a disadvantage. The opposing team lives for this kind of mindsets. IN the game of football, It will not allow you to reach your fullest potenial as well as become an elite player nor win a championship if there's disbeleifs or doubts within your heart. Trusting and Believing in yourself and your team will move you alot farther and alot quicker in the game of football. Great players, coaches, and teams can smell, feel, sense doubt the minute the game began. I pray that Clemson's coaches and players doesn't lineup with this kind of mindset on Aug. 31. I trust that this guy never play the game of football. NO you won't win every battle, but it much easier to succeed when you TRUST AND BELIEVE. NO DOUBT!

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

Jul 14, 2013, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tigers set to embark on a great season? ]

Like CJ Spiller got injured all those times...oh wait. If injuries are gonna happen, they'll happen. Being scared to do something isn't going to help the situation for an athlete.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic