Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Offensive Improvement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Offensive Improvement

Jul 4, 2013, 7:17 AM

Offensive Improvement

Offensive Improvement
We can look back of the last couple of years and the Chad Morris

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Offensive Improvement

Jul 4, 2013, 10:33 AM

I believe Dabo picked out the offensive scheme before he picked out a coach to run it.

Ignoring Dabo in this discussion implies that he blindly fell into the situation and was lucky to have selected someone who runs the system which is soon to dominate football at all levels.

Mickey, we know that wasn't your intent but a house is only as strong as it's foundation and foundation wall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2013, 11:25 AM

Exactly, and I do believe that Dabo said before hiring Morris that this offense is what he wanted, and That is why he thought that Morris was the best hire to run it. Good point 1988!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2013, 1:49 PM

We're just about to the end of Dabo's growing pains. We've shared the heartbreak and now IMHO we will share in the glory. I've only had a few years since Danny that I've felt as confident in Clemson Football as I do now.

We've seen lows that were so low that am 8-4 record was acceptable. It's a window type of view which slides according to recent history. Now we are back to where we were when Danny left and looking forward to the glory days we've missed since then.

Some here are confident that we will be in the BCSNC picture, rightly so. We can't ignore Dabo's role in our being so confident.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets just hope when Morris leaves we can find a replacement,

Jul 4, 2013, 1:43 PM

The years after Rodriguez were pretty tough to watch.

Re: Lets just hope when Morris leaves we can find a replacement,

Jul 4, 2013, 1:54 PM

I believe Morris will stay and holdout for Dabo's job. There's a lot of speculation behind that statement but I've got lots of time.

Jul 4, 2013, 2:48 PM

And where is Dabo going, b/c I believe Dabo will be the HC at Clemson for a lot of years. He has more than proved that he knows talent when he sees it, in coaches and players alike.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2013, 3:00 PM

This is just for clarity. Losing Dabo would do much more damage than losing either or both coordinators, of course imo.

Dabo is subject to entertain a Bama offer. Saban can't coach forever. Who could blame him for wanting to go home and give back to those who gave him such a foundation?

My hope is that you are correct. Dabo may appreciate what the opportunity that he has here more than what Bama did for him. He may consider Pickens County as his permanant home. We already have a NC coach who feels that way about it. Why not another bama boy here forever?

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

clemson gave dabo a shot at the hc position when, more

Jul 5, 2013, 3:42 AM

than likely, no one else in cfb would have (at that stage of his career,without having been a coordinator), i for one think that dabo will stay here for as long as clemson will have him. besides, who would want to follow saban at 'bama?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps I'm delusional but...

Jul 5, 2013, 10:19 AM

When Auburn fired Cheesdik so soon after him leading them to their last NC I became suspect that even the SEC would feel the effect of the HUNH. Johnny Maniac came on the scene and made Bama aware that three yards and a cloud of dust might not be the only way to win a football game.

When Saban retires or fails to win the NC or SECCCG a couple years in a row he'll go the way of Phat Phillip who won a NC , a CC and put UcheaT in a couple more CCG's. Some programs won't tolerate anything but winning the NC. Most of them are in the SEC.

Who better than Dabo, a HUNH, downhome country boy with a Bama education who played on one of their NC teams?

Morris will stay here for 7-10 Years...

Jul 4, 2013, 8:25 PM

Until the TAMU job opens up.

Until then, I am ecstatic to have him.

He is the Definition of "Fortune Favors the Bold"

Go Tigers

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2013, 9:57 PM

Morris interviewed for the Texas Tech job and was not chosen. People are forgetting that and many are stating he didn't want it and wouldn't leave. Facts are the AD came out an admitted that Klingsbury was the man due to being a student athlete there and the success of Texas A&M and Houston as asst was too much to pass up.

I like Morris as much as the next guy but I am telling you Clemson is lucky. Watch his interviews, very jumpy and very scattered while talking. Maybe from all the Red Bulls and people catching him after a game but what I see every week during the season is not what a school wants as the face of their athletic program. he will get better since he was just coaching high school a few years ago but Morris as a coach and X and O guy is great...Morris as an interview, face of the program guy not so much.

He will jump at the first big offer and rightfully so. Face it guys he is half way across the country from his roots. Take an SC Ga or NC guy put them in Texas, Nebraska, etc at a bank, law office, etc, and how many jump at the chance to get back to Greenville, Raleigh, Charlotte, etc when the time comes. That is how life works. He may love it here and keep a lake house but he will go back to his roots just like most people do when the opportunity arises.

Jul 4, 2013, 10:14 PM

Danny Ford was from Alabama...that is where he up-rooted from. Where does Danny Ford live now ? Even after his short stint at Arkansas he came back to Clemson , and he had to fly right over Alabama to do so.

Somethin' in them hills !
Go Tigers and Go Chad Morris !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 4, 2013, 11:00 PM

That's a great point about Danny staying in the upstate. Although we all know he is one of a kind in more ways than one.

Jul 5, 2013, 9:24 AM

And Danny couldn't leave his cows that he has taken care of for a long time.;)

Jul 5, 2013, 3:58 AM

Tough is an understatement , no identity until the CHAD arrived! Very painful to watch!!!

Jul 5, 2013, 9:57 AM

I think that Chad has been teaching Jeff the OC part of the game, and Jeff Scott will become our next OC, it's in his blood line. He has been in the coaching field of FB at Clemson for a long time now. He has lived and been around a NC OC his whole life, and he was also calling plays in the spring game. I'm thinking that Jeff is being trained to take the OC job for when Chad leaves. I could be 100% wrong, but that is what I see happening. Also, if Jeff does become our OC and is successful at it. We want have to worry about a OC for a very, very long time.

Great article, but

Jul 5, 2013, 8:48 AM

somebody needs to spell/grammar check Mickey's posts before they get put up. I mean, come on. He misspelled Tajh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great article, but

Jul 5, 2013, 10:26 AM

We aer al att hoem heer. Let tup.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic