Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Year 5.5
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,177

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Year 5.5

Jun 26, 2013, 9:20 AM

Year 5.5

Year 5.5
It's hard to believe but Dabo SwinneyDabo Swinney

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Year 5.5

Jun 26, 2013, 9:50 AM

Ditto. Plus you did not mention the academic progress as well as the trend to get out of the crime headlines. How does his 5 or so years compare to the Flagship cheaters(both Carolinas), the U, etc.? But we need to guard against getting too far out in front of our blocking. Remember 1990? So close to establishing a base that would have done great things in the 90s and thru today, but it got messed up royally in January 1990. Let's understand what we have, take care of it, nurture it, feed it, fund it, and protect. We have the makings of a long run of being ultra-competitive. Let's not mess it up again.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Year 5.5

Jun 26, 2013, 10:12 AM

One question.

When did NC State have a nice run against Clemson?

Clemson won 7 straight from 2004-2010 (5 of which were prior to Dabo being head coach). Not sure I understand that line.

beat me to it***

Jun 26, 2013, 10:17 AM

They beat us in '02 and '03, but i don't think that really

Jun 26, 2013, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Year 5.5 ]

qualifies as a run. Bowden was 7-3 including 5 straight wins against NCSU during his tenure.

don't think WF had our # either-- sure they won a few games

Jun 26, 2013, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Year 5.5 ]

and they played us close-- but they were also beating other people too like FSU. CTB was 7-3 and never lost at home or back to back. Believe we had won 2 of last 3.

Re: don't think WF had our # either-- sure they won a few games

Jun 27, 2013, 11:02 AM

I think maybe he was thinking(like i was) that it seems they play us so good, it felt like a loss. I was surprised at your stats and glad we had dominated NCSU. I guess that Thursday night loss was still in my mind.. not sure ,

Is that a testament to Coach Swinney or

Jun 26, 2013, 1:11 PM

Just how much potential Clemson has? Don't get me wrong I love Coach Swinney and what he has been able to accomplish. I'm just really glad to see Clemson step up and begin to take what is ours. There's no doubt in my mind that Clemson has always had this much potential too be a power house in college football.
Also I just want to say, Coach Swinney has done a terrific job especially with recruiting.

LSU

Jun 26, 2013, 1:47 PM

LSU will be fine next year in my opinion. It's a top program so it would be hard for them to have 7 wins or less. I could be wrong and they could go 6-6 which would be AMAZING! But that is a program that loses talent and reloads it. But on to Dabo. I can't believe it's already been 4 years. I can remember like it was yesterday I was watching become our head coach. He has really set our program to new standards and turned us in the right direction. 2010 season may have been rough but he was still a young coach in the making. He is only going to take our program up. I believe we can become to next Bama (winning wise). It's truly great to be Tiger. BEAT THE PUPPIES!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU

Jun 27, 2013, 11:07 AM

As i live in ALabama , i will address one thing> Dabo is from Alabama. He recrutied a kid (T J Green ) this year from my hometown. Alabama and Auburn got on him to late and he told us he chose Clemson because of Dabo and his offer. Sadly we will never be the next Alabama because of one thing. We have the place, we have the people, but we cannot and will not spend the money they do. I am not talking about paying players, thats crap anyway, i am talking about the money they spend to run the machine, because that is what it is. It is a corporation, not a university and they spend millions and make millions each year. I have watched it for most of my 52 years here on earth and no amount of money matters in Tuscaloosa when it comes to sports... just saying.. Go Tigers... We have whipped Auburn twice(only times while i have been alive by the way ) and if we could beat Alabama , id be fulfilled here in bama..lol.

Re: LSU

Jul 1, 2013, 6:35 AM

It is funny that you say that. There is suppose to be an announcement this week (maybe today) about a bunch of new hires. There is a article on TCI that was put out yesterday about it.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,177
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic