Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Phil Steele's Clemson Preview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Phil Steele's Clemson Preview

Jun 19, 2013, 9:30 AM

Phil Steele's Clemson Preview

Phil Steel Clemson Preview
The best preview magazine each year is Phil Steele's Preview. It came out Tuesday and he had some interesting notes on Clemson. Below are some of the highlights:

*Steel ranks Clemson 15th in the country.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So for comparison sake...

Jun 19, 2013, 9:37 AM

how did he have us ranked last year and what were the final results?

what is Phil smoking?***

Jun 19, 2013, 9:41 AM

Re: what is Phil smoking?***

Jun 19, 2013, 9:46 PM

I can't believe that people pay for the trash that starts their fire in their burn barrel. They should save their money and do what I do. I just use used paper towels to start the fire in my burn barrel. It's much cheaper than the trash that Steele sells. By the way, is Phil Steele any relations to Kevin Steele. Their thought seem to be tied as far as their gutter trash thoughts on what the eyes are really seeing. They both have the eye thing FKed up, or they both are blind as H&ll!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not smoking - just dementia

Jun 20, 2013, 10:23 PM [ in reply to what is Phil smoking?*** ]

this is his worst magazine ever. He has to be getting old!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His magazine is a joke!!!

Jun 19, 2013, 9:51 AM

He basically reprints the same magazine every year and adds a few sentences to the end of each unit. Who cares what Kyle Parker did in 2009 & 2010, it has absolutely nothing to do with 2013. He rambles on with skewed stats promoting his magazine as the most accurate, but conveniently omits his misses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

that sounds like a local sports radio know it all***

Jun 19, 2013, 2:27 PM

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Phil Steele's Clemson Preview

Jun 19, 2013, 9:53 AM

Phil is steal doing this? Bet no one stills his conclusions on this list.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alexander only the 8th best freshmen DB?? What a joke***

Jun 19, 2013, 10:00 AM

Re: r Alexandeonly the 8th best freshmen DB?? What a joke***

Jun 19, 2013, 9:50 PM

Sounds to me like he doesn't see Alexander as a 5*....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd think...

Jun 19, 2013, 10:04 AM

since we are opening against uGAY and closing against USuCk he'd want to talk Clemson up a little more.

If the guy can't see that we'll be better this year than last he's blind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You'd think...

Jun 19, 2013, 10:24 AM

I dont know that we will be better but the elements are in place for us to be better

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please explain how its obvious we'll be better this year?

Jun 19, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to You'd think... ]

Losing AE, Jaron Brown, Brandon Ford, Nuk Hopkins, Dalton Freeman. Sam Cooper out for the year with an injury. Thats a whole lot of offense gone. Mostly young and unproven guys replacing them.

Lost our best LB in Tig Willard. The rest of the LB's are barely serviceable, no matter what star ranking they had in H.S. Lost a ton of experience in the secondary in Rashard Hall, Jonathan Meeks, Xavier Brewer. Lost a 4 yr starter in Malicah Goodman.

That's a lot of personnel losses. Is every single guy that has to replace those guys going to come in and be better? I seriously doubt it. Otherwise they'd have been starting last year. A few may be better, but I'd guess that most will be not as good as the guys they are replacing.

I know the defense looked pretty good in the Peach Bowl, but that was against a very pedestrian offense with a guy who really has no business playing QB at the D1A level. The rest of the season the defense was hot steaming garbage.

So, how is it sooo obvious a blind man can see that we will be better?? Explain.

Re: Please explain how its obvious we'll be better this year?

Jun 19, 2013, 12:24 PM

First off AllTimeClemson just because you paint stripes on your feathers doesn't make you look like less of ####.

Second yes the lose of AE, Ford, Freeman, and especially Nuk is gonna hurt. 3rd Down Brown was very clutch but he was the #3 receiver and that's a little easier to replace production wise. While Cooper does have more experience than the rest of the TE's he's still young and unproven so your argument is a bit hypocritical there.

Third losing Tig hurts but to say the rest of the linebackers aren't serviceable...while I assume the only game of ours you watched last year was when we played against your chickens you missed a heck of a season by Shuely. What we lose in experience in the secondary we makeup for with more talented players who are young and getting three CB's back from injury. And since Goodman's only good game came against "a very pedestrian offense" his lose is also minimal.

Forth, and this comes back to you would of had to watch us all season, the defense made solid improvements from game 1 all the way through the season not just one great game. The D-line solidified itself as a very strong unit and the general thinking is we have something to build on with the marked improvements that were made.

So the reason that it is "soooo obvious" is because we have a much improving D-line, finally are healthy and have some depth in the secondary, have a senior QB who is a Heisman candidate, return an All-American WR, return 4 starters on the O-line, and most importantly return one of the best coordinators in the game.

Now please feel free to go back to FGF and talk about how your Choo Choo Train has just as much history and tradition as our "stupid rock."

Jun 22, 2013, 1:58 PM

Ha! Choo choo train!

Jun 19, 2013, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Please explain how its obvious we'll be better this year? ]

LOSSES FOR FSU AFTER 2012

Offense[edit]
QB E.J. Manuel
FB Lonnie Pryor
TB Chris Thompson
WR Rodney Smith
OT Menelik Watson

Defense[edit]
DT Everett Dawkins
DT Anthony McCloud
DE Cornellius Carradine
LB Nick Moody
LB Vince Williams
CB Xavier Rhodes
DE Bjoern Werner

Special Teams[edit]
K Dustin Hopkins

Dude they lost their starting QB & have a talent one who doesn't have a single snap for regular season. Look at all the losses on defense. We return more experience than they do. You are telling me that they will win the ACC!?????

I'd like to see how AllTimeClemson's predictions...

Jun 19, 2013, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Please explain how its obvious we'll be better this year? ]

from last year turned out too.

Re: I'd like to see how AllTimeClemson's predictions...

Jun 19, 2013, 9:56 PM

The only thing that turned out for alltimecoot was his sister over on two notch road....

LSU win got us over the hump!***

Jun 20, 2013, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Please explain how its obvious we'll be better this year? ]

Jun 21, 2013, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Please explain how its obvious we'll be better this year? ]

scu least will not be better this year, you are right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for saving me 8 bucks***

Jun 19, 2013, 10:42 AM

I know. I usually buy it, but not this year***

Jun 23, 2013, 7:48 PM

FSU Again

Jun 19, 2013, 10:46 AM

This is the same guy who said FSU would be in the national championship game last year, and they ended up losing 2 games and should have lost to VT. How much does FSU pay this guy to pump up season ticket sales? lol

who cares what he says...has no impact on the season at all***

Jun 19, 2013, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Steele is

Jun 19, 2013, 12:40 PM

Another closet "SEC" hoser....that has been drinking to much of that stinkin Kool-aid.

Thanks for the tip. That D-bag just lost 8 bucks!!

Go Tigers!!!

We could finish 11-1 and play Central Florida in our bowl?

Jun 19, 2013, 1:26 PM

That is potentially what could happen? Wow. Go **** yourself ACC!

Theres no way that would happen

Jun 19, 2013, 1:58 PM

at 11-1 with a loss to FSU we'd go to the Peach Bowl at worst and the Orange Bowl at best (assuming FSU was undefeated). If FSU went undefeated but lost to Florida or another OOC foe, we'd have a shot at an at-large BCS bid, we'd only really be screwed if FSU beat us, won the atlantic, and lost the ACCCG.

Re: Theres no way that would happen

Jun 19, 2013, 10:06 PM

Just like the coots, FSU will go down by the hands of a very talented Clemson team that will be on a seek and destroy mission in 2013. Our Clemson Tigers W I L L end our regular just as most of us believe they will, U N D E F E A T E D!!!

Re: We could finish 11-1 and play Central Florida in our bowl?

Jun 19, 2013, 3:51 PM [ in reply to We could finish 11-1 and play Central Florida in our bowl? ]

If playing Central Florida in the RA Bowl is our only option then i say tell them NO THANKS!

Jun 19, 2013, 1:49 PM

I don't know who's more of a hater. Phil Steele or AllTimeClemson?
Paws to Pasadena

Win one at a time...***

Jun 19, 2013, 3:35 PM

5th Best Coaching Staff????

Jun 19, 2013, 4:54 PM

Who does he have listed front of our guys?

Im sure FSU..who else?

Re: 5th Best Coaching Staff????

Jun 19, 2013, 10:12 PM

Even FSU fans believe that one of their losses will be to Clemson this year. Phil Steele is just a sec locker room #### lover, and I'm not talking about the coots either....

What really got me at that

Jun 20, 2013, 8:23 AM [ in reply to 5th Best Coaching Staff???? ]

was that he said it was 5th best in the ACC! No the country but the ACC! Who the hell else in the ACC has better coaches than us? FSU just replaced a few! VT...obviously not (3 butt kickings in 2 years!)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, Steele has lost it!***

Jun 20, 2013, 10:27 PM

Central Fl in the Russell Athletic Bowl!!!???

Jun 19, 2013, 6:39 PM

I would certainly see why we are the #10 surprise team... I would be pretty surprised at that.

2 Words for Steel...."WHO CARES!!"

Jun 19, 2013, 6:55 PM

what U think.

I guess we should thank Mr. Steele.

Jun 19, 2013, 10:59 PM

We always seem to do better when not respected. I will let the field results be the final verdict. I don't expect Clemson to be number one in any category (except maybe QB), but I have a hard time understanding some of his predictions for the teams that he ranks higher. What are his predictions based on? What is he looking at that the rest of us don't see. I'm in the wrong line of work if he gets paid for this.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

My thoughts exactly. I'm glad somebody with a big

Jun 21, 2013, 7:57 AM

audience has us as an underdog. Please disrespect us! Please talk us down a whole bunch more. Please, please, pretty please!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Steele is a complete idiot

Jun 19, 2013, 11:33 PM

What an idiot this guy is.

Total joke

Re: Steele is a complete idiot- AGREE - WELL SAID***

Jun 20, 2013, 10:28 PM

Jun 19, 2013, 11:34 PM

Some of those things look good but the #### Russell Athletic Bowl? I'm a realist and expect Clemson to do WAY better than that. I feel like some of those offensive stats are way lower than they should be, 10-15 in passing and total offense are pretty crazy.

The defense looks pretty decent though, according to him. So maybe someone is seeing an improvement, but if that's the case you would figure he would have us having a better year. I like seeing we have the 15th ranked Defensive Line, a great defense starts up front and could make a linebacker corps and secondary ranked in the 30s look much better if they get good pressure on the QB.

Wow. Our bowl tie-ins are quite bad.

Jun 20, 2013, 12:33 AM

Even if we go 10-2 and don't win the ACC I can't imagine being matched up to Central Florida.

tied in to Rose Bowl in Pasadena - ALL IN ALL THE WAY!***

Jun 20, 2013, 10:30 PM

***Here is Phil Steel in his UGA polo shirt, this is why ***

Jun 21, 2013, 10:59 AM

Re: ***Here is Phil Steel in his UGA polo shirt, this is why ***

Jun 23, 2013, 6:09 PM

Good grief! John Candy from "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" called. He wants his moustache back.

Lol, russel athletic bowl? LMFAO!!

Jun 23, 2013, 8:55 PM

This team is BCS material, worst case we go 9-3 and fall to the RAB, but I think Orange Bowl much more likely

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic