Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson University Police discuss the vandalism of Howard's Rock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson University Police discuss the vandalism of Howard's Rock

Jun 13, 2013, 12:15 PM

Clemson University Police discuss the vandalism of Howard's Rock

The Clemson University Police Department is following up on several leads in the investigation into the vandalism of Howard's Rock, but university police chief Johnson W. Link is also asking for the public's help. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Money talks

Jun 13, 2013, 12:29 PM

Start a reward fund for info leading to a conviction. I will contribute ASAP .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this would work and im sure many would donate

Jun 13, 2013, 12:30 PM

http://funds.gofundme.com/index.php?route=edit2/customize&st

Jun 13, 2013, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Money talks ]

Someone in the Clemson area needs to start a page here and use the funds along with the police department as a reward to successful capture of criminal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a great idea. Get it up over $100 and the Coot

Jun 13, 2013, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Money talks ]

will probably turn himself in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing on video. Ridiculous. Before one more piece of . . .

Jun 13, 2013, 12:32 PM

dirt is moved in conjunction with an AD facilities project, the ROCK needs to be properly secured. If not, heads should roll!

It's an absolute joke that no camera is on that thing 24/7

Jun 13, 2013, 12:39 PM

Someone needs to be held accountable for the total absence of any security measures.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could be wrong, but

Jun 13, 2013, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Nothing on video. Ridiculous. Before one more piece of . . . ]

It sounded to me that when the PD said "we don't have video", he meant that whatever video they do have isn't helpful. Not that there's no cameras at all. I took that to mean that the perpetrator covered his face and other identifying features, and probably parked his car a good distance away too.

There are cameras at DV...

Jun 13, 2013, 9:56 PM

...but unless I am mistaken, not one specifically covering the rock.

And that's ridiculous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nothing on video. Ridiculous. Before one more piece of . . .

Jun 13, 2013, 12:36 PM

I agree. I just do not understand why there were no camaras. As bad as it may be, I'm with the idea of only bringing iy our for games and special occasions.

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson University Police discuss the vandalism of Howard's Rock

Jun 13, 2013, 12:43 PM

They better figure out away to make sure this never happens again.

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson University Police discuss the vandalism of Howard's Rock

Jun 13, 2013, 9:29 PM

I have company That Installs such equipment. Would Install for free and 2 sideline passes to take My daughter. Fsu game would do.

Re: Money talks

Jun 13, 2013, 1:04 PM

I'm in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jun 13, 2013, 1:44 PM

Seems with the recent upgrades to the scoreboard which is wireless and it overlooks Howard's Rock, why did the univesity not spend an extra hundred dollars to to add a surveillance camera to look down on the rock and keep a 24/7 vigil to help identify people if an event like this occurred!

Jun 13, 2013, 1:55 PM

I bet it was Robert Nkemdiche or his mama.

Its not the first time

Jun 13, 2013, 2:21 PM

You may of taken a piece of it but you will never break the rock.

I hope you enjoy your karma you punks.

Wow...I have not seen this level of incompetence in Clemson

Jun 13, 2013, 2:33 PM

since Tommy Bowden was extended...Too cheap to spend $100 on a Logitech webcam, thought the best course of action was to sit on it and read message boards... I guess it's better than bragging about ticketing Dabo or stealing gasoline... Even Barney would have nipped it in the bud...CUPD Chief should be forced to resign...If you can't guard a rock, what good are you?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow...I have not seen this level of incompetence in Clemson

Jun 13, 2013, 4:19 PM

Contrary to popular opinion, the technology seen on CSI, Hawaii 5-0, etc, isn't real. You would have to have far better than a $100 Logitech camera to have useful information on whomever did this. The nature of where the Rock is located means that any cameras would be looking down or very far away - neither resulting in a good look at the face. Ideally they would need a couple under the scoreboard looking at the pedestal, but even then they would be pointing down.

The bigger question is how was someone able to get access to it long enough to do that much damage without being noticed. I understand making it available for pictures for summer campers and such, but it really needs to be better secured.

Unfortunately we have seen in Auburn the lengths idiotic fans will go to to do something stupid, pointless, costly and irreversible.

There's a fine line between pranks and outright crimes - and anything that permanently damages property certainly crosses that line. Kidnapping things and returning them later, spray painting, re-arranging letters on buildings or signs, etc - all are able to be fixed fairly easily and without major cost. Still stupid, but not permanent.

This was just stupid and I hope we are able to get the jerk who did it. He's right down there at the low level of the Alabama fan that poisoned Auburn's trees. Complete idiot.

Thanks for the lesson on technology...Who knew we would

Jun 13, 2013, 5:09 PM

never be able to point and focus a HD camera?

Re: Wow...I have not seen this level of incompetence in Clemson

Jun 13, 2013, 4:04 PM

Exactly! If it was a student smoking weed or drinking a beer they would have him by now. Not that I am condoning weed but it seems to me, priorities are askew!

CUPD's first priority is to generate revenue...Anything else

Jun 13, 2013, 5:04 PM

they do is gravy... Underage drinkers are a cash cow...There is simply no $ in actually solving crimes...

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Clemson University Police discuss the vandalism of Howard's Rock

Jun 13, 2013, 5:29 PM

Hahaha...Robert's mama is big enough to break the rock if she sat her fat ace on it!

Wow! I assumed it had an alarm w/ vibration & motion senors!

Jun 13, 2013, 6:19 PM

And I assumed it would have video cameras and lights trained on it. I can't think of a more obvious target for vandalism in the state.

JUVENILE!!!!!!

Jun 13, 2013, 7:06 PM

Straight juvenile!!!!!..... those a-hole USuCk fans try that crap many years ago and the rock still stood!!! Now they strike again and guess what!!!!............. IT STILL STANDS!!!!! Get over it chickens you'll. Never destroy the greatest tradition in ALL of college football!!!! Period. PRINT THAT!!!!,TWEET THAT!!!!,POST IT ON YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 13, 2013, 9:37 PM

No way someone steals a chunk of Howard's Rock and doesn't tell anyone. They will be caught

Bingo.

Jun 13, 2013, 9:58 PM

People are stupid. People that do things like this are too stupid to shut up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are cameras at DV...

Jun 13, 2013, 11:28 PM

Actually.... there is a camera just above the hill area. Surprised they wasn't able to catch the perp..

Re: Money talks

Jun 14, 2013, 9:29 PM

I totally agree.....I'm willing to contribute to a reward money.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic