Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Push the Schedule Back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,782

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Push the Schedule Back

May 8, 2013, 9:09 AM

Push the Schedule Back

Push the Schedule Back
As I sat in Doug Kingsmore Stadium Monday night freezing once again, a thought crossed my mind. What not push the schedule back?

Granted that May usually does not feel like this but it was February or March type temperatures that got me thinking. It reminded me of

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Push the Schedule Back

May 8, 2013, 9:17 AM

Another pro is that it would make the Dark Times about a month shorter, and I'm all for that.

^^^Yes, this***

May 8, 2013, 9:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Why would college baseball want to "stick it to the pros?"

May 8, 2013, 9:37 AM

As far as Im concerned college baseball has the most beneficial relationship to the pro game out of any other sport

Re: Why would college baseball want to "stick it to the pros?"

May 8, 2013, 10:52 AM

why not dome it and have pass outs

Fall baseball = spring football

May 8, 2013, 11:32 AM

Would you get rid of spring football practice as well?

The NCAA went with a unified start date and limited the tournament exemptions. If you want 50+ games, a conference tournament and 3 rounds of playoffs, you are going to have to start in middle to late Feb.

The CWS has moved almost all the way into July now because of the Supers and new 3 game championship series. Move it any further back and it competes with football coverage which usually starts with media days in July.

College baseball and pro baseball have a pretty decent relationship as evidenced with eligibility rules and scouting relationships. Part of the reason MLB went with a shorter negiotiation period was to help college know who is coming back (at the same time college was working on scholarship limits etc).

For a number of schools they might actually lose out to those summer leagues. If you had a choice of going to Cape Cod in a wood bat league and get noticed by scouts or continue to play into middle June for an Atlantic Sun that hasn't seen a scout in years you'd be a fool to stay in Kennesaw.

Not one of the better blogs.

Cold vs Hot

May 8, 2013, 12:20 PM

Having to play in the cold in February is miserable for fans and players but having to play a double header in the middle of July is miserable and can be dangerous. This is another con. Nobody wants to use a back up catcher in the CWS because the first one is exhausted from heat.

The coaches would never get rid of offseason practice. This allows freshmen to come in and be ready to play. I can assure you that without the fall practice Clemson would not be enjoying the same results from our freshmen class. They would still be good but not where they currently are.

I have often said we play football in baseball weather and

May 8, 2013, 1:31 PM

baseball in football weather. Umpiring over 23 years this is the 1st year I wore a jacket for the 1st month. It was freezing.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,782
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic