Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,826

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

May 3, 2013, 10:31 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,
I heard you say earlier in the week that the rivalry with SC has turned. If SC will make millions more each year

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For Rick: I agree with Mickey here, No real Clemson fan

May 3, 2013, 12:11 PM

is happy with losing to Usc 4 in a row but if you can't see improvement in Dabo's 4 plus years here then you will just never be happy with any coach as you'll find things to dislike about him or the other coaches or players. Our coaches have had to teach this team how to win especially against the tougher more physical teams like LSU. That's why I think the LSU bowl game victory was a HUGE win. Really excited looking at our future! By the way, no coach we bring in can change the TV contracts we have with ACC vs what Usc has with SEC so we're going to have to find a way to deal with it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For Rick: I agree with Mickey here, No real Clemson fan

May 3, 2013, 12:18 PM

Hey Rick is that a whiff of poultry poop I detect or maybe doo doo ice. Sheesh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: For Rick: I agree with Mickey here, No real Clemson fan

May 3, 2013, 1:18 PM [ in reply to For Rick: I agree with Mickey here, No real Clemson fan ]

USC has had the best 4 or 5 years of football in its history.
They have beaten Alabama, UGa 2 or 3 times, us 4 in a row.
Only a couple of teams have beaten Alabama the last 4 years and USC is one of them.
I think this years team has a chance to be the best we have ever fielded.. yet we still may lose a game or 2. USC might have their best team ever and still lose a game or 2.
I do not want to lose 5 in a row... I hated losing 3 in a row. then 4 in a row and do not want to contemplate how I will feel losing 5.
That being said, I think this coaching staff is doing a fantastic job of rebuilding the Clemson Tiger football program and doing it the right way, with great recruiting and discipline and hard work! If we lose 2 games this year, I will still be 'all in' with this coaching staff. Beat UGa.

1haselden, i agree 1000%. i am glad to see that someone

May 4, 2013, 6:50 PM

besides myself and a few others know enough about football, and sports in general, to see that there are up's and down's. yes, usuc has beaten us 4 in a row. they have an hall-of-fame coach, and he was caught cheating for the first time in his career, that never had to rely on under the table behavior at florida, yet, to get a winner at usuc, he let everything he had established at one sec school to compromise his entire coaching career for a little success at another. his career will now be looked upon with a half-cocked brow, wondering how he would have done without the cheating to get the players they have gotten.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

May 3, 2013, 12:27 PM

If Dabo cannot beat S. Carolina this year, he should resign. Old Clemson grads, like me, are tired of this crap. Winning a weak ACC means little to me.

May 3, 2013, 1:22 PM

Dabo should not be fired this year. Anyone that cannot see how much progress our Tigers have made under Dabo's leadership should realize that even a fool might appear wise if they remain silent.

We need to get rid of Rick

May 3, 2013, 12:30 PM

I am afraid

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then get rid of me too!!

May 3, 2013, 2:37 PM

I'm tired of all the lame Clemson fans who think losing to the Dirt Peckers is just fine and part of their great run. Frankly, we haven't been competitive against the Shamecocks in four years - FOUR! Maybe you think last year's game was close but anyone who knows football could tell we were getting whipped much worse than the score.

So let me ask you, since only those who believe anything and everything Dabo says is a "true" fan: how many is too many? is there a limit to the number of loses to that jerk Spurrier and the Dirt Peckers that you will finally say enough is enough? 7, 10, 20??? I mean, give me your tolerance figure.

For me, and obviously Rick, four is my number. Yea, we beat a good LSU team (I was there) but otherwise, we beat NOBODY last year - oh yea, Ball State; don't know how I missed that juggernaut.

What I am saying is Dabo needs to get his head and ego out of whatever hole it is and freaking beat the Dirt Peckers. I'm tired of excuses and next year and couldawouldashoulda.... If I'm the AD, I put him on notice to win that game. Period. End of story. Otherwise, why are we paying these coaches like they are world champs?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is no set number.

May 3, 2013, 2:45 PM

You have to look at it in perspective. You can say our wins suck because the ACC is weak but you can't say our losses are partly the result of playing good competition?

If they had been 6-7 or 7-6 all 4 years and still beat us then it would be a different story. You also have to remember that we were 6-7 one of those years and not exactly a good team.

Re: There is no set number.

May 3, 2013, 5:43 PM

you're basically saying they are better than we are and I should just accept that fact. I simply just disagree with your premise and position. Are they better than they've historically been - of course. But that doesn't justify losing 4+ in a row to them as you contend.
At some point, even you will have to hold the people in charge accountable for losing to them. I'm at that point now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're the AD, who could you get after dismissing Dabo?.

May 3, 2013, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Then get rid of me too!! ]

He has a strong record, recruiting, graduation ratio, and discipline, and you fire him. Whio in his right mind would want the job. I can say this even though I pull against them just about as much as I pull for us! I don't like a one game winning roll for them, but Dabo is doing a great job.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you're the AD, who could you get after dismissing Dabo?.

May 3, 2013, 4:31 PM

#1. getting a high quality HC to replace Dabo is the least of my concerns.
#2. my point is Dabo needs to understand he MUST beat those dang Dirt Peckers. I don't want to be Auburn in their long-standing losing streak to Alabama. Yea, sure Alabama is great but so what, win the game. I truly think Dabo is totally wigged out playing Spurrier; sometimes people need to know their job is on the line to snap out of whatever funk they are in. The game plan last year was AWFUL. That is 100% on Dabo; HE needs to come up with better plans and have a much deeper urgency to win this game.
#3. nobody had any issue with Steele getting fired for that crap performance in the OB yet we lay egg after egg against our main rival, main recruiting rival, and barely a pep because our fans are fat, dumb and happy we are winning more games than we did with Bowden. 10 win seasons should be the baseline at Clemson.
#4. if you can't win your state championship, you can't win much else.
#5. is Dabo better than Bowden - lord yes, by a country mile. does that mean he is a savior and mini-god like most on Tigernet think?? no. he's a well paid HC that needs to beat our arch-rival. that is his JOB.
#6. if we lose again, which at this point seems more likely than not, we will probably hand our arch-rival a BCS NC game. They have a cupcake schedule and have a tremendous shot at going undefeated. Think losing to them AGAIN while they play for a NC will have repercussions?
#7. if we win, we're in the position to play for a NC (again, more likely than not at this stage).
#8. let's say we lose to them again but win all the other games. we go to a BCS game and win. life is good. do I give Dabo another year to beat USuC? probably but with the understanding he will not be given an opportunity to lose 7 in a row regardless of the record.

Re: If you're the AD, who could you get after dismissing Dabo?.

May 3, 2013, 6:12 PM

The least of your concerns is finding a quality HC. So, fire Dabo for 10-11 win seasons and losses to scar and go through Hatfield again? How about another Tommy West? They beat scar but much worse teams under bad coaches and could at times barely make bowl games. Dabo comes in against the best era at usuc and a HOF HC. If he keeps winning the games he should, the rest will begin to fall in place. I will say that he needs to be more competitive vs them however.

Re: Then get rid of me too!!

May 3, 2013, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Then get rid of me too!! ]

You my friend areva fool. I was around when we won three games. Got beat by the tulles of the world. And the alabamas destroyed us. Like I say. U are a fool.

May 3, 2013, 3:16 PM

Danny Ford should be in HOF without a doubt, or they should do away with it. I enjoyed Jim, but he doesn't meet HOF criteria, and if you start making exceptions, it takes away from the value of the honor. The four year degree should not be waived.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2013, 3:33 PM

I agree 100% with you.
Yes on Danny Ford
No on Jim Phillips
Yes on a degree

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 3, 2013, 8:45 PM

I also believe losing to SC is unacceptable. It is more important that winning the ACC.

which one gets you to the bcs bowls ?

May 4, 2013, 7:14 PM

you can get sbrooks to help you answer this, if you need to.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,826
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic