Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Offensive line still unsettled heading into spring game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,599

Front Page Story: Offensive line still unsettled heading into spring game

Apr 11, 2013, 1:12 PM

Offensive line still unsettled heading into spring game

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris said Wednesday that Clemson's offensive line is not only unsettled, but it's still very much a work in progress as he tries to put the best five on the field. What did he say about Isaiah Battle? And what does he think about Ryan Norton moving to left guard? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Offensive line still unsettled heading into spring game

Apr 11, 2013, 1:16 PM

A name not mentioned is Region. What has become of him?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Large has become of him.***

Apr 11, 2013, 1:26 PM

From the looks of it I guess he

Apr 11, 2013, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Offensive line still unsettled heading into spring game ]

is still disappointing the coaches. Has anyone seen anything printed about his weight/conditioning this spring?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: From the looks of it I guess he

Apr 12, 2013, 12:16 AM

Still hovering around 350ish. It's unfortunate, he's a mauler but he just couldn't slim down. He just may not have the body type and metabolism to lose massive amounts of weight without losing strength as well. People want him to be 300 pounds but if he just drops 50 pounds that isn't going to be exclusively body fat.

Apr 11, 2013, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Offensive line still unsettled heading into spring game ]

He would rather eat than play FB. They need to tell him to get it together, or start paying for all those good meals and his schooling. He really need to get it together, or give up FB. All that BS he talked hasn't been backed up yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2013, 12:21 AM

I wouldn't bad mouth him unless you have been in the locker room, weight room, or dining hall with him. I have a hard time believing that if eating was his problem he wouldn't have someone following him around with a hypothetical shock collar to prevent that. It's not like he eats at Taco Bell on Mondays, Cookout on Tuesdays, McDonalds on Wednesdays, Smoking Pig on Thursdays, and Harcombe for all the meals in between.

I think he is trying to slim down but if he just drops 50-60 pounds like everyone says is so easy, he is going to lose muscle too. The coaches are trying to turn his weight into good weight, he isn't going to have the body of Isaiah Battle. He's a big kid. His target weight is probably about 330 lbs to be honest.

Apr 12, 2013, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Offensive line still unsettled heading into spring game ]

And Region can't afford to pay for all that. I am a student and have friends who are also friends of his and I have heard his family is not very well off.

Apr 12, 2013, 11:05 AM

I like your responses. It's awfully easy to sit and judge these guys, especially with the limited amount of information we have.
I feel quite sure that the coaching staff would not just accept it, if Region was goofing off and over eating and not at least giving noticeable effort to lose weight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure

Apr 12, 2013, 3:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Offensive line still unsettled heading into spring game ]

But it pays to remember he is just a Soph this year, so it's not like he is quickly running out of time.

Step up or sit down. Love the message

Apr 11, 2013, 2:38 PM

in 2011 and even at times last year we were forced to rely on the starters because the guys behind them weren't pushing them. That's not the case this year. If you aren't ready to play your spot will be taken from you.

If Battle doesn't want to be all he can be then Thomas has proven himself more than capable of holding down the LT spot. Also McClian has drawn some pretty good reviews at the LT spot so there's that.

LG has guys like Destefeno and even Norton pushing Beasly, who I think will get it together soon enough. Last year we never heard his name and thought Davis was the LG leader under a week or so before the Auburn game.

RT has Timothy, Gore, Anthony, and possibly even Thomas all ready to play so there's a lot of competition there to be had.

Re: Step up or sit down. Love the message

Apr 11, 2013, 2:49 PM

You hit the nail in the head man. Step up or step out. Also Maclain is a name to watch at LT we k ow hes athletic and strong from hin playing TE. Also Lane Johnson a OT from oklahoma rated the 3rd best OT in the draft this year played TE for 2 years before switching to OT just throwing that out their.

Re: Step up or sit down. Love the message

Apr 12, 2013, 12:24 AM

Good point. Mac Lain isn't the tallest guy but at 6'4" and 290ish he could push for PT. We know he is athletic enough to play tackle and quick and agile enough to be a pulling interior guard.

Morris is the real deal

Apr 11, 2013, 5:22 PM

Not sure everyone appreciates that The Chad has been the biggest difference maker for our program in a LONG time. He's gonna make a fantastic HC.

That being said, I still believe about 30% of what comes out of spring football. but, he sure is fun to listen to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's never satisfied, and that's good right now

Apr 11, 2013, 6:26 PM

H3ll, we could be play at an 8.5 or 9, but he expects a 10. Or even an 11

Clemson

None of them have beaten the chickens, so what....

Apr 11, 2013, 7:26 PM

do they have to feel entitled about?? GET TO WORK!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love this guy!!

Apr 11, 2013, 7:49 PM

I'm going to hate to see him leave after this year. This guy is the real deal. I wish we could keep him as head coach and move Dabo over to recruiting coordinator.

LOL. Retarded much?***

Apr 11, 2013, 8:03 PM

Re: I love this guy!!

Apr 11, 2013, 10:28 PM [ in reply to I love this guy!! ]

Great coaches finish what they started, just aspected of his OL. Hello!! He's ALL-IN. Slow your roll or your thoughts.

Front page story offensive line

Apr 11, 2013, 9:32 PM

Same story jam wideouts put safety's over the top and let your dl run through the screen door. That's why chad is upset y'all need big strong ol I think it goes back to the strength coach y'all need fast strong ol to run chads o. He has all the tools but the ol is lacking . Who is going to be the running back this year Ellington was a beast.

Re: Front page story offensive line

Apr 12, 2013, 12:27 AM

Rod McDowell has had a great spring and he finished strong last fall. Expect him to be the premiere back to start the season with the young guys like Zac Brooks and Tyshon Dye to get some snaps as well.

I think we have the guys we need at offensive line. No offense but we averaged almost a full sack less per game last season than y'all did. Shatley is solid at right guard. Thomas is good at left tackle but better at guard and hopefully he can move back inside. The tackles are spots that will have the most competition with Isaiah Battle, Giff Timothy, Shaq Anthony, Thomas, and Eric Mac Lain fighting for spots.

Re: Front page story offensive line

Apr 12, 2013, 6:51 AM [ in reply to Front page story offensive line ]

BWAAAAAAAAAAK-bwak-bwak-bwak!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Apr 12, 2013, 7:36 AM

I like the attitude from Morris. The players need a swift kick in the butt. Clemson has a tradition of thinking too much of themselves and losing to crappy teams. WE CAN’T do that again. The quality is there but they have to want to improve every day. I like that the coaches are pushing them to improve and calling them on their attitudes. The best part of last year was the consistency of the overall play. Are defense started out struggling but they never back peddled and improved every game. Slow and steady without the big swings we saw 2 years ago. The whole team needs to keep up with consistent play and always improve on what they already have. GO TIGERS!!

Apr 12, 2013, 7:50 AM

It's a good idea to keep pushing, but we're in MUCH better shape on OL than a couple years ago. I'm glad Chad's not satisfied, though.

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,599
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic