Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Player Update: Filer tweets about Brownell, Clemson, etc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Basketball Player Update: Filer tweets about Brownell, Clemson, etc

Mar 29, 2013, 10:12 AM

Filer tweets about Brownell, Clemson, etc

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgive and forget

Mar 29, 2013, 10:15 AM

He's part of the Clemson family and we all make mistakes. Proud to be a tiger

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...Just hope there aren't any..

Mar 29, 2013, 9:39 PM

punk posts below

Re: Basketball Player Update: Filer tweets about Brownell, Clemson, etc

Mar 29, 2013, 10:17 AM

How about less tweeting and more working on your shooting especially free throws

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder what he was talking about then

Mar 29, 2013, 10:21 AM

I'd guess something related to the NCAA tournament or maybe a team one of his friends or family members plays on?

That or he's scrambling to cover his tracks.

Oh well, forgive and forget

Re: Wonder what he was talking about then

Mar 29, 2013, 10:39 AM

Probably the cya theory. All of his tweets sound like a kid who popped off with emotion then regretted it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

tweet him and find out, then post it on Tnet. lol***

Mar 29, 2013, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Wonder what he was talking about then ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

i'm sure everyone that jumped to conclusions are busy

Mar 29, 2013, 10:23 AM

'penning' their apologies back to mr. filer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'm sure everyone that jumped to conclusions are busy

Mar 29, 2013, 1:45 PM

It's a jump to conclusions mat. There's this mat, with different conclusions on it that you jump to!!!

I'm calling BS on him claiming he wasn't talking about Brownelll

Mar 29, 2013, 10:30 AM

Either he has no reason to apologize, or he does. He specifically mentioned a head coach that wasn't liked.

Apologizing and then denying you did anything worth apologizing for comes across, at least to me, as half azzed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so now he's a liar too? i think they kick people out of

Mar 29, 2013, 10:35 AM

college for less.

Not saying he is a liar. Saying if he is telling the truth

Mar 29, 2013, 10:38 AM

He has nothing to apologize for.

If he does need to apologize he needs the quit with the "that wasn't about Brownell" junk

Or

Mar 29, 2013, 10:41 AM

He's apologizing for making a statement that folks assumed to be about Brownell. He may now realize his lack of clarity caused folks to make that assumption so he's apologizing for making such a statement.

Seems to me a perfectly reasonable scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I conceed.

Mar 29, 2013, 10:47 AM

I didn't see it that way, but it makes sense.

Still think he should've just followed Obeds advice and just personally apologized to Brownell and co. and let the issue die.

No doubt about that

Mar 29, 2013, 10:52 AM

One thing about this generation who grew up sharing every little thing online is that quite often they don't know when to simply shut up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say that, I'd say every generation is having

Mar 29, 2013, 11:51 AM

to work this whole "internet" thing out.

The problem is sometimes on the internet, you are completely anonymous. When you don't link your real world self to here, Tigernet is a good example. I do link myself in my profile, so I try not to post things I wouldn't want a future employer to see. Not everyone does that. Therefore, you have some people that can post some pretty vicious stuff.

However, twitter doesn't work that way. Major athletes/celebrities treat it like they are having an intimate messaging session with their friends and forget that its linked to their athlete/celeb persona. They forget that when you use your real name on the internet, it has real world consequences. Even if you change your name on twitter to "Neil Armstrong" , if people know its Filers twitter, it will still have consequences.

People just need to realize that the internet isn't anonymous everywhere.

Re: I wouldn't say that, I'd say every generation is having

Mar 29, 2013, 5:15 PM

When I was a kid around his age, I would react from anger and feel very bad about it just a little while after blowing up. I think that anger from the way our season went pissed him off with all the junk his friends were talking about the season. Now that he has time to get himself thinking clearly, he is sorry for blowing off steam in an immature way. I'm sure by him coming out and apologizing for it, he truly regrets it. It's a new day, and all is well and good as far as I'm concerned. Anger has gotten to the best of all of us, and its doubled with kids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think he's apologizing for the 'stir' it created and that

Mar 29, 2013, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Not saying he is a liar. Saying if he is telling the truth ]

he needs to better choose his words to avoid those things in the future.

you saw what it created on tnet. he can't control what crap people glean, he can however control what he tweets or puts out on social media.

i see no BS in his understanding that people follow his account and that things he puts out there can be construed in a number of ways.

nothing wrong with apologizing for not fully understanding the power of it.

I conceed.

Mar 29, 2013, 10:46 AM

I didn't see it that way, but it makes sense.

Still think he should've just followed Obeds advice and just personally apologized to Brownell and co. and let the issue die.

i wish everyone of our players would put facebook, twitter

Mar 29, 2013, 10:48 AM

w/e on hold for their 3-5 years here at clemson.

If I had a problem with a coach that much

Mar 29, 2013, 12:06 PM [ in reply to I'm calling BS on him claiming he wasn't talking about Brownelll ]

I wouldn't be apologizing chances are I would be transferring.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mr Filer, allow me to offer my PR services for free:

Mar 29, 2013, 10:39 AM

STOP TALKING!

Now this probably would've been the smart decision.

Mar 29, 2013, 10:41 AM

But if that were the case, he probably wouldn't make ambiguous claims about disliked head coaches when his own head coach is under a ton of scrutiny right now.

Time to put this to bed, support the young man and the

Mar 29, 2013, 11:44 AM

team. He's 19, 1000 miles from home, and he just learned a valuable lesson. Whatever he meant in the original tweets he has put to rest and stated his views more clearly. As you stated Adonis, learn and grow. That's what college is for. Looking forward to seeing that growth on the court, and in your life, next season. We love ya back!

Does this not sound off any alarms with you guys?

Mar 29, 2013, 11:55 AM

Filer's apology is all well and good, but it still seems to me that his original tweet was directed towards Brownell. Why does Filer backtrack from his comments if it has nothing to do with Clemson coaching?

On that note, I am starting to get concerned with the direction this basketball program is headed. I am a firm supporter of Brownell and believe he is a great coach, but at the same time so many transfers (Noel Johnson, Stanton, Sapp, Sullivan recently etc.) during his tenure is very alarming to me. And now this comment (which may or may not be directed at Brownell; we may never know).

Where there's smoke there's fire, and I feel like Brownell is losing control of the locker room. I pray this isn't the case.

a moment of silence while you pray?***

Mar 29, 2013, 11:57 AM

Re: a moment of silence while you pray?***

Mar 29, 2013, 1:44 PM

You beat me to it. :)

This guys attitude is what is wrong with Clemson BB..

Mar 29, 2013, 12:00 PM

I don't care what coach he is talking about he is dead wrong. You don't play because you like the coach you play because that is what you do. For your pride! Not for a head coach that may not be here next year YOU PLAY because that is what you do. My dad worked his a$$ in a
that that was hard work and not much pay. You think he liked his boss. Hec no but that job was what he did for himself and his family so he took pride in his work. I hope he is the only one that has this attitude on this team. This is an entitled attitude.

1st: JUST STOP 2nd: NO STUDENT/ATHLETE Tweets..EVER!

Mar 29, 2013, 12:02 PM

Dr Radakovich: Please make this happen. I am SICK of reading player TWEETS...from ANY CURRENT PLAYER..they usually look like something an 8th grade girl came up with and are silly, pointless and polarizing.

Mar 29, 2013, 12:05 PM

Here come the pathetic losers calling the kid a liar. All because they want to attack BB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 29, 2013, 12:17 PM

This team has slowly regressed every year since Brownell got here. Why do players keep transferring? Surely not for a lack of playing time. We only have 2 big men as of right now heading into next season. Does none of this concern you?

Mar 29, 2013, 1:46 PM

I dont really care what a Gamecock fan thinks.

null

Mar 29, 2013, 3:19 PM

I go to Clemson you idiot, I'm trying to have a reasonable discussion here but you're just trolling me

Mar 29, 2013, 9:47 PM

No you dont little feathered guy. Nice try.

null

Mar 29, 2013, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Player Update: Filer tweets about Brownell, Clemson, etc ]

EXACTLY!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson needs a mandatory social media session with all

Mar 29, 2013, 12:32 PM

student athletes.

This is a society problem but these kids need to understand that they are in the limelight and everything they do and say reflects on Clemson and them.

I don't think you take it away unless the team self-imposes that but these kids need to understand ALL the implications.

I would like to thank TigerNet...

Mar 30, 2013, 6:26 AM

for making this a bigger issue. Not all of us have all day to stalk our players on twitter and facebook. I'm surprised they have time between that and searching for tweets with POS quotes.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic