Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson announces home game designations for 2013 football season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson announces home game designations for 2013 football season

Mar 28, 2013, 11:22 AM

Clemson announces home game designations for 2013 football season

The Tigers will play three games in 2013 against teams that finished the 2012 season in the top 10 in the nation, and two of the three games will be at Memorial Stadium. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're about to learn who the biggest men

Mar 28, 2013, 11:25 AM

On tigernet are.

Homecoming in Sept and a PURPLE OUT Saturday !!!!

Mar 28, 2013, 11:31 AM

What's next Players run UP the Hill ??

Gamecocks and Tigers have a love in??

Free water at Consessions ??

Oh The Humanity !!!

Let the TNET Meltdowdown begin !

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only thos eof us that come from royalty like the purple...it

Mar 28, 2013, 11:50 AM

is not meant for you commoners!

King of the Doooosh has spoken...***

Mar 28, 2013, 12:27 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson will always be known for Orange, however

Mar 28, 2013, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Homecoming in Sept and a PURPLE OUT Saturday !!!! ]

we have the most unique colors in the entire nation and why we don't get on board with it i'll never understand...and no, i'm not a young fan....been a Tiger since '77 when i was 9. DV should be a sea of Orange and Purple wearing fanatics. Our colors have never been Orange and White or Orange and Blue in our history. We're the only school on any level that is Orange and Purple and why so many fans want to be like UT, Syracuse, UVa, Illinois, etc. with the White or Navy Blue has irritated me forever...don't even get me started on the BS about Purple being a soft, feminine color...if you define your toughness through a color you are insecure with yourself....we should shove O and P down everyone's throat because the last time i checked, we're Clemson, we're not like anyone else, and we really don't give a #### what you think about that....the school colors are O and P, period...always have been, always will be.....only Clemson can say that and that's yet another thing about the Tigers that is unique along with the Hill, DV, Howard's Rock, etc....screw conservative, screw conformity, shove Orange and Purple down everyone's throat while we make them miserable in DV every Saturday at home.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson will always be known for Orange, however

Mar 28, 2013, 2:02 PM

Clemson's colors have never been blue but they changed from Indigo (which actually has some South Carolina history to it) to Grape Soda Purple in the rebranding (where they also gave up the CU toilet bowl logo) in the late 90's.

Is it just me or do they need to come up with a better name than Orange-Out or (especially) Purple-Out.

Blackout is actually a thing...the rest of the options need some better marketing.

^^^calls every crayon in the big box by it's actual name***

Mar 28, 2013, 2:07 PM

Agreed. Unis should have purple striping & one game should

Mar 28, 2013, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Clemson will always be known for Orange, however ]

be "Purple Day" (not purple out) against a lessor opponent. This argument is getting about as old as the woohoo and how to do CLEM incadence count. Let's move on. It is here....live with it! Just win!

I gave you a point but really, you could use a xanax and

Mar 28, 2013, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Clemson will always be known for Orange, however ]

I could use more whitespace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only thing that isn't plausible of your list there is

Mar 28, 2013, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Homecoming in Sept and a PURPLE OUT Saturday !!!! ]

the Free water at concessions.. Clemson isn't going to give up that money making $4 a bottle racket.

Isn't August 31st supposed to be national

Mar 28, 2013, 12:02 PM

"spay and neuter a dog day?"

A Purple-Out...huh

Mar 28, 2013, 12:10 PM

I like the idea as it ties in with the Purple Heart, but I'm sure a good portion of the fans--especially TNetters--are already going apoplectic about that.

Homecoming in September is unusual and should be very interesting. I'm very surprised they didn't pick the BC game on 10/12, though.

Early Homecoming

Mar 28, 2013, 12:45 PM

Why not have it October 12 vs. BC?

After going 0-4 vs the chickens it's no coincidence that we

Mar 28, 2013, 12:52 PM

finally dropped a conference game for the weekend prior to them and got the Citadel. They used to play UF and UT the two weeks before us. Now it's either been a bye week or a FCS opponent. Maybe that will help.

I also like this, but you can thank

Mar 28, 2013, 1:23 PM

the ACC's 9 game conference schedule tease for this unique scenario. When they moved back to 8 games, then we had to do some shuffling. We lost Kent State and picked up the Citadel when they were available.

Re: After going 0-4 vs the chickens it's no coincidence that we

Mar 28, 2013, 2:17 PM [ in reply to After going 0-4 vs the chickens it's no coincidence that we ]

It sure seems to have helped the coots. It won't hurt us to do the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idc bout the Purple Out but its kinda pointless to

Mar 28, 2013, 1:07 PM

have it agaisnt the Citadel when a good portion of the stadium will be empty. Takes away the "(insert color here)-out" effect

not so fast..

Mar 28, 2013, 1:45 PM

If we are an elite team next year, I don't think there is a game on the schedule that won't demand somewhere between 78,000 and capacity. (Commence band wagon juming, in 3-2-1). Personally, I have been with the Tigers through thick and thin, and you can bet I will be in my seat every game next year. Tweet that. Also don't discount the Citadel fans. There is a lot of pride there. They will fill in the cracks perhaps more than you realize.

63-17

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson announces home game designations for 2013 football season

Mar 28, 2013, 1:13 PM

I am fine with the occasional highlighted use of Purple. It is a school color, nothing wrong with it. Just dont go crazy. The last two seasons have been refreshing seeing the staff give us a consistent brand of orange and white.

I Bet the Purple-Out continues next yr for the Syracuse game***

Mar 28, 2013, 1:17 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson announces home game designations for 2013 football season

Mar 28, 2013, 1:45 PM

Is this from the new AD or who? I would think it had to have come from someone who is not familiar with the way we have done it for years and years or someone who doesn't look at the big picture.

Family weekend it too soon after school starts. Parents and kids just said goodbye a few weeks ago....way too soon for a visit.

Homecoming involves lots of the students and lots of their time. After getting settled and through all the back to school festivities like Rush, first friday, etc they need some time to study for awhile before they are immersed in another massive project like homecoming. I see grades getting off to a bad start with this schedule!

Plus it could still be in the 90s in September and that is too dang hot for Homecoming!!

Very poor decisions IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I was hoping we'd have a night game military appreciation

Mar 28, 2013, 11:02 PM

It'd be cool to see the afterburners kick on during the flyover at night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: Clemson will always be known for Orange, however

Mar 28, 2013, 11:09 PM

You've been around longer than me... That said. Orange and purple have always been our colors. That god awful blue... Where did that come from?

My guess is purple is a hard color to dye in cloth and make it last.

I dunno... And textile people here?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic