Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Celebrity or Worker?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Celebrity or Worker?

Mar 26, 2013, 9:54 AM

Celebrity or Worker?

Celebrity or Worker?
I don't recall exactly who said it. It might have Bill Parcells. It may have been Mike Ditka. But I was watching one of the pre-game shows one Sunday before an NFL game and one of the former coach turned analysts made a brilliant observation.

The coach said that qu

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhh, 2 seasons ago when Tajh started getting some notice

Mar 26, 2013, 10:04 AM

is exactly when we went downhill that season---he said as much himself after the season was over. Clearly he learned from it last season.

Re: Uhhh, 2 seasons ago when Tajh started getting some notice

Mar 26, 2013, 1:09 PM

CU players often have not handled the limelight well in the past. hopefully this edition is different

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2013, 10:12 AM

that is all coaching and leadership, , the 08 season comes to mind when we returned all those stars on Offense and sputtered out of the gate under the old regime.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he only slipped for half a season

Mar 26, 2013, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Uhhh, 2 seasons ago when Tajh started getting some notice ]

Over the course of a longer career. That's pretty #### good. He sure wasn't letting the gas off the pedal last year.

I usually don't say negative things like this.

Mar 26, 2013, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Uhhh, 2 seasons ago when Tajh started getting some notice ]

I think our entire team suffered from success that year. Remember, 'what they say now,?'

I attribute the emotional swings of that team to their youth. We has 42 RS and freshman on that squad so the average age must have been aroung or under 19 yrs old.

Dabo was growing up too. He completely failed to control the team's ego. I lay the blame on Dabo for failing to keep the team humble and focused during practice and on the field.

Perhaps Dabo is a genius. Perhaps he knew the emotional swings that we faced and had a plan. Some might say that, I don't.

I'm glad we've gotten past the point of believing that we can't lose or that we can't win. We suffered losses for both those reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I usually don't say negative things like this.

Mar 26, 2013, 8:20 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I thing Dabo has grown a great deal as a coach. Call it "on the job training" if you're a doubter or a coot, but he now seems to get it more than at the beginning, and he seems to know what his drive needs to be and what needs to be driving his players and assistants. Tahj still is a young man, and he will make many more mistakes, as will the whole team, but the take away is we are getting there. Make no mistake about it, we are headed towards the top, and we have not abused the rules, the players, the fans nor integrity to get there. JMO, but I can see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Mar 26, 2013, 9:56 PM

just beat the coots is all I ask.

Re:

Mar 27, 2013, 9:52 AM

What about the other games? I want them all, but beating the coots is important. If it weren't the last game of the year which means it's a loss that can't be made up for, it would be of minor importance, other than, mainly, recruiting in the state and perpetuating the myth about the secheat's self proclaimed wonderfulness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2013, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Uhhh, 2 seasons ago when Tajh started getting some notice ]

I don't think that was due to the fact he got the big head vs he (and many others) didn't know how to pace themselves for a full season. They weren't out partying or sending out "hey look at me" tweets like one Johnny Football. They just didn't understand the grind of 12 games with the bright lights on you. You see freshmen and rookies hit the wall all the time.

I even said after that season that Tajh didn't necessarily have a stranglehold on the starting job based on those last 4 games. But he has matured, learned what it takes to be a leader.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Celebrity or Worker?

Mar 26, 2013, 10:11 AM

explains the production of a certain SCU QB that thought he was a celebrity the second he stepped foot on campus.

Taking nothing away from Tajh..But I have to give coach Morris a lot of credit, he is a relentless worker and it appears to be rubbing off. He featured the most prolific offense in Clemson History last year, yet he is spending the off season looking for ways to make it better.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh, missed practice to accept an award

Mar 27, 2013, 8:57 AM

not worried.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

My guess is the coaches told him he needed to go

Mar 27, 2013, 5:19 PM

Plus the back ups got some snaps......that they probably need

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic