Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Candid Battle talks about fight for starting spot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Candid Battle talks about fight for starting spot

Mar 27, 2013, 11:14 AM

Candid Battle talks about fight for starting spot

In an exclusive interview with TigerNet, left tackle Isaiah Battle talks about trying to win the starting spot. What does he say about a potential matchup with Jadeveon Clowney? What does he say about his performance against LSU? And what are Chad Morris' thoughts about the talented sophomore? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

277...Yikes!!

Mar 27, 2013, 11:21 AM

That may help his quickness, but he'll be very susceptible to power moves. 277lb just isnt enough to play OL in today's game.

Said he's aiming for closer to 290 by start of season***

Mar 27, 2013, 11:26 AM

I'm guessing that he was playing at that

Mar 27, 2013, 11:29 AM [ in reply to 277...Yikes!! ]

weight or less against LSU and the coaches thought he did a good job.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 277...Yikes!!

Mar 27, 2013, 11:43 AM [ in reply to 277...Yikes!! ]

I thought Battle was from St George, VA. Ebenezer Ogundeko is from Brooklyn!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah he's a NY kid.***

Mar 27, 2013, 11:46 AM

Re: Nah he's a NY kid.***

Mar 27, 2013, 12:05 PM

Click on his name in the first part of Hood's article and search the roster .His HS is listed as St. George, VA in both places.Did he move from Brooklyn to go to HS in VA? My daughter and son-in-law(a Clemson man) live in Brooklyn and was surprised to hear about Ogundeko because football is not all that big in the city.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's originally from Brooklyn, went to boarding school in VA***

Mar 27, 2013, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: 277...Yikes!! ]

Link

Mar 27, 2013, 12:01 PM

http://www.orangeandwhite.com/signing-day/isaiah-battle/

Re: Link

Mar 27, 2013, 12:08 PM

Thanks.

Mar 27, 2013, 12:21 PM [ in reply to 277...Yikes!! ]

Freeman did not weigh much more than that last year.
He gained 15 lbs before the pro day... told the scouts... it is easier to gain weight when you are not playing in Chad Morris offense!

Mar 27, 2013, 9:43 PM [ in reply to 277...Yikes!! ]

OL remains a huge question mark, and I'm not convinced that the answer will be positive.

Mar 28, 2013, 9:05 AM

Your Tiger PULSE shows how reliable your thoughts are. Just Saying. And, you're not the one that has to be convinced. As long as our coaches are, I'm All In with what they believe. Just Saying Again!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2013, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: 277...Yikes!! ]

I'm not convinced that your opinion holds any weight around here.

Apr 2, 2013, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: 277...Yikes!! ]

Clemson was in the top quarter of the FBS in fewest sacks given up I believe. We should be fine, especially with another year under their belts.

Mar 28, 2013, 1:43 PM [ in reply to 277...Yikes!! ]

Size isn't everything, sometimes heart and determinaion means much more. I know a guy that played center at Clemson even though he wasn't heavily recruited, in fact he may have walked-on, but everyone always said he was undersized at the time, yet he became a starter...not because he got a lot bigger, but because he had the heart and the determination to do so. He didn't get drafted out of Clemson like his big brother did and got cut from the Eagles, again everyone said he was undersized to play in the NFL, yet he got on with the Redskins and had a long, successful carreer that included three Superbowl wins, as one of "The Hogs"...maybe you've heard of him, his name is Jeff Bostic.

Re: Front Page Story: Candid Battle talks about fight for starting spot

Mar 27, 2013, 11:22 AM

how can he possibly play left tackle for us and at the same time be AD at Alabama? I don't think Saban will allow that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2013, 11:31 AM

Its all about how you use it. If he can just gain a few like they say to help he'll be fine. Fwiw Eric Fisher OT gonna go top 10 in the draft only weighs 304 so if Battle can get to 285ish he will be fine.

2012 roster had him at 265

Mar 27, 2013, 11:33 AM

He's definitely making progress

LSU sure didn't look bigger and stronger as they passed out

Mar 27, 2013, 12:00 PM

on the field in front of him.

yeah...

Mar 27, 2013, 1:05 PM

don't like that our players are now buying into that hype, or interpreting things that happen according to SEC hype. Maybe that makes them play harder in games against SEC opponents, but they also need to realize that the ACC has put a lot of d-linemen into the NFL, and they need to be at the top of their game for every play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2013, 1:35 PM

Didn't like what he had to say about the SEC vs ACC. Sounds like he was like well I had to actually play tough cause it was an SEC opponent but if it was ACC I wouldn't play as hard.

Mar 27, 2013, 2:35 PM

I never fault anyone for speaking the truth - whether I like it or not. You can't fix something if you refuse to acknowledge that it's broken. Too much ORANGE koolaid causes that disease.

You can bet your bottom dollar that any LSU D is going to be tough - and our O wore them out. If Battle had said anything differently, I would be disappointed. Our O beat one of the best D's in the country. I can only be proud of that.

This guy will be fine. Looking forward to watching him grow up in a Chad Morris O. Good times ahead.

i took it as well, if i can hold my own against the big,bad

Mar 27, 2013, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Candid Battle talks about fight for starting spot ]

sec d.e.'s, then i will completely dominate the lowly acc de's. if that is his mind game, he'll do alright against any competition. doesn't matter how you psyche yourself out, as long as works for you. i always found the biggest guy on the other team, and made it a point to hit him hard, as soon as i could get a fair shot at him, just to let him know that his physical stature wasn't going to intimidate me!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2013, 6:46 PM

Screw Clowney!

Re: Re: 277...Yikes!!

Apr 2, 2013, 4:08 PM

With for the most part more drop backs than those other teams.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic