Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: News and notes from Tuesday's practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: News and notes from Tuesday's practice

Mar 26, 2013, 8:49 PM

News and notes from Tuesday's practice

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris discussed working with other coaching staffs in the offseason, backup QBs, Jordan Leggett and more on Tuesday after practice. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to hear the good report on MARTAVIS

Mar 26, 2013, 9:39 PM

I believe MARTAVIS has huge NFL upside if he continues to work hard in classroom, weight room and track. Keep working hard my man,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad to hear the good report on MARTAVIS

Mar 26, 2013, 9:46 PM

He can be an NFL all pro receiver if he gets his head in it. He just needs to grow up quick.

Mar 26, 2013, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Glad to hear the good report on MARTAVIS ]

Yea, I really like Martavious too. I think Martavious will be a big part of our offense next year.

Mar 26, 2013, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Glad to hear the good report on MARTAVIS ]

Once the light comes on for him, he will be unstoppable. I just hope it comes on sooner rather than later.

How is Jordan at blocking big mouth DEs?

Mar 26, 2013, 11:26 PM

Obviously the coaches know a ##### ton more than me, but I'd love to see an athletic TE who specializes in neutralizing pass rushers. Might come in handy in November.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still kind of light, IIRC

Mar 27, 2013, 8:17 AM

May take another year before he can do that well. The guy came in looking like a bean pole.

Would you invite a competitive company into your business?

Mar 27, 2013, 9:32 AM

To look at your formula's, inventory, and books. This is stupid. College football is nothing but an unethical "good ole boy" network.

Re: Would you invite a competitive company into your business?

Mar 27, 2013, 10:10 AM

Nobody was complaining when Chad was visiting Nevada and Oklahoma State last year, but when teams want to visit us people get upset.

It's not like Chad's handing over the playbook, they're just sharing techniques and ideas. It's beneficial to all involved and will improve the game of football as a whole.

Mar 27, 2013, 10:17 AM

If he hasn't fully implemented his system in two years, I doubt those teams will learn all there is to know in a few days. If they can, I won't worry about Morris leaving because Scott and Elliot are surely masters of the system by now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Companies host seminars and industry training ALL

Mar 27, 2013, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Would you invite a competitive company into your business? ]

the time.

Yep***

Mar 27, 2013, 10:35 AM

Re: Yes. Companies host seminars and industry training ALL

Mar 27, 2013, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Yes. Companies host seminars and industry training ALL ]

Not for their competition. These coaches vacation together,
price fix their salaries together....it is out of control. To call this a business is a joke. You don't operate like this in business unless you are Board of Directors at large corporations that invite CEO's to sit on their board in return for the same courtesy. Still they have enough sense not to invite a CEO to sit on their board if they are in direct competition with the. We have a high probability of seeing Ohio State in a BCS bowl in the next few years. They will know our O playbook. Its a joke. It is unethical. It is going to come tumbling down even if the soccer moms have to bring it down with their "safety" complaints. People see all unethical activity of recruiting, coaches entertaining each other for favors and jobs, and the escalating salaries and say this cannot be an ethical business that is not good for our young in either physical play or teaching character and honesty.
You can't preach honesty and integrity and operate this way. It doesn't match. All the people throwing millions at these coordinators that in turn share their knowledge with the competition. Really amazing stuff!

You're really blowing all this out of proportion.***

Mar 27, 2013, 1:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2013, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Would you invite a competitive company into your business? ]

Again, a resounding yes. My company meets with officials from other companies frequently to discuss best practices. When you do that, you learn that there may be better, more efficient ways to accomplish what you are trying to accomplish.

Mar 27, 2013, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Would you invite a competitive company into your business? ]

Clearly you don't do this with your biggest rivals (conference opponents, anyone on your schedule, etc) but I don't see the harm if it's a team you won't see unless it's a bowl game.

By bowl season you can learn a lot more from game film than you can from 2 days on site at a school's spring practice

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic