Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Hood: Time to Preach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 51

Front Page Story: Hood: Time to Preach

Mar 21, 2013, 10:07 PM

Hood: Time to Preach

Clemson's football program had turned the corner under Dabo Swinney, but putting a priority on beating South Carolina and bringing back the nasty attitude need to be next. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The play in this picture ate Clowney up, and we stopped

Mar 21, 2013, 10:20 PM

running it. Why?

Re: What about ... .?

Mar 22, 2013, 12:07 AM

What about dressing up as a cootfan a bashing out car windows of UGA fans during the game?

At the Clemson vs Coots game, dressing up as a UGA fan and bashing car windows out that belong to Coots?

Our running game was eating them up. Why'd we stop?***

Mar 22, 2013, 6:12 AM [ in reply to The play in this picture ate Clowney up, and we stopped ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I plan on asking that at the Prowl and Growl in Lexington.***

Mar 22, 2013, 9:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The play in this picture ate Clowney up, and we stopped

Mar 22, 2013, 8:44 AM [ in reply to The play in this picture ate Clowney up, and we stopped ]

Attack Clowney if we want to beat SCAR, That was LSU's plan and they succeeded.... LSU beat SCAR last year

That was run to the opposite side of The field

Mar 22, 2013, 12:37 PM [ in reply to The play in this picture ate Clowney up, and we stopped ]

From Clowney.

It was run right at Clowney a couple of times.***

Mar 23, 2013, 2:41 PM

Re: The play in this picture ate Clowney up, and we stopped

Mar 22, 2013, 1:53 PM [ in reply to The play in this picture ate Clowney up, and we stopped ]

I agree with the article on both points. Thinking that we have "arrived" is a great way to get the He$$ beat of of you. Talking "physical" is one thing, but unless the players have spent the time and effort in the weight room to develop the size and strength to back it up, it just talk. And spin it however you will, The Carolina game is huge, and a loss there places a cloud over any season. And with Clowney bragging that it's going to five in a row??? Doesn't that tick anyone off?

Tell 'em coot***

Mar 22, 2013, 1:58 PM

lol..

Mar 22, 2013, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: The play in this picture ate Clowney up, and we stopped ]

only people that are going to be ticked off is you coots when that thumb you keep bragging about is stuck up your...well, you know...instead of in the air

Thanks and Agree on both points.

Mar 21, 2013, 10:25 PM

The Tigers need to go into WB with our fans in the stands in a raging mode and our team with no goal but winning! I will be there and it should be epic!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Hood: Time to Preach

Mar 21, 2013, 10:26 PM

Not only does Clemson want to beat South Carolina... FSU wants to beat Florida and GaTech wants to beat UGa...whats important as well is the ACC scheduled accordingly...
Look at this years schedule, We play Citadel then USC. FSU plays Idaho then Florida, GaTech plays Alabama A&M then UGa.

Amen Brother...it's TIME to SHINE at Willie B with a WIN.

Mar 21, 2013, 10:29 PM

gOtiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taking one from the SEC *******

Mar 22, 2013, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Hood: Time to Preach ]

As for Swearinger, I agree. As for SCar, treat Clowney like

Mar 21, 2013, 10:30 PM

Swearinger. +1.

Re: As for Swearinger, I agree. As for SCar, treat Clowney like

Mar 21, 2013, 10:32 PM

Cut blocks for everyone give'em out like candy.

Mar 21, 2013, 10:37 PM

Dabo's priorities have gotten us to the point that beating South Carolina will be the second the last step (before beating Miami in Charlotte or whoever wins the Coastal) to a trip to Pasadena!

http://sports-kings.com/six-reasons-clemson-could-play-in-the-2013-national-championship/

Preach it! Need some nasty back

Mar 21, 2013, 10:43 PM

Everybody can't be "friends" with everybody.

The last things on my mind after the Chick-Fil-A bowl

Mar 21, 2013, 10:43 PM

were what other fans thought about our victory and whether we stomped them or wore them out with our play calling. Clemson played the game they needed for a win. All that counts in any game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wore out or over power, both are physical domination

Mar 22, 2013, 12:30 PM

Just different sorts. Two boxers can stand toe to toe and slug it out until one breaks down the other with power. Or one can work hard to avoid getting beat down, stay off the ropes, absorb punches and wear down the bigger guy until he can make his own uppercut.

If I know the other guy's stronger than me..not by too much, mind you...but I know that I am faster and smarter and plenty strong on my own, I have to use my strengths against his. I cannot play his game.

In the end our offense was able to physically wear out LSU because we were faster, smarter, and strong enough to deflect most blows from doing damage. We made the plays we needed to make.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on with the example...

Mar 21, 2013, 10:47 PM

There is an identity we've picked up, and for the most part I like it, that we play as a team, and that your personal grudge with whomever only serves to hurt the team if you act out on it. However, the biggest drawback is the line between team player and having your teammate's back is clouded, and our players have become more worried about the winning than having each other's backs, which is just as if not more important than winning.

At least that's the way I see it.

Go Tigers.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumping Swearinger on the spot would have been like a

Mar 21, 2013, 10:55 PM

cavalry bugle. Instead, it was like a tap-out.

Re: Right on with the example...

Mar 22, 2013, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Right on with the example... ]

Yep, it doesn't matter to me if we wore them down or beat them down. We won, and that is ALL that counts. The ending score matters!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN!

Mar 21, 2013, 10:48 PM

Win them all, but without any doubt beat the coots an never call off the dogs as we did in the 45-0 and 63-17 games as both could have been worse.

Keep doin' what you're doin' Dabo!!

Mar 21, 2013, 11:20 PM

Since Dabo took the main priority off beating the Cluckers we have become dominant and in the national picture. I want to beat them too, but I refuse to focus on them like they do us. To me, our season doesn't revolve around what they do in Columbia. I'd rather have a National Championship. State champions are crowned in high school. And if Clemson's players EVER start acting like Swearinger I'll stop watching them. I'm proud that our boys play with class instead of like thugs.

Re: Keep doin' what you're doin' Dabo!!

Mar 22, 2013, 12:18 AM

This is just delusional thinking. And I'm embarrassed that you accept losing to South Carolina.

NOBODY accepts losing to the coots but it is stupid to

Mar 22, 2013, 2:45 PM

base our success or lack of success on ONE game, coots or otherwise. MY main focus is on winning the ACC and getting to a BCS bowl and possible national championship. Delusional is not seeing the bigger picture.

No One wants thugs, just a few Duane Coleman's***

Mar 22, 2013, 5:33 AM [ in reply to Keep doin' what you're doin' Dabo!! ]

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Are you mentally challenged?

Mar 22, 2013, 6:12 AM [ in reply to Keep doin' what you're doin' Dabo!! ]

How can you lose to them and win a NC?

WHERE did he say that we would lose to the coots?***

Mar 22, 2013, 2:50 PM

Well how have we done against them lately? And he

Mar 22, 2013, 2:55 PM

wants more of the same?

With that attitude maybe we should forfeit 2013?***

Mar 22, 2013, 9:51 PM

This is the way it should be.

Mar 22, 2013, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Keep doin' what you're doin' Dabo!! ]

Clemson has been wining because we took our game to the next level and stopped focusing on one game down the road. We play our game now and that will beat USC and will win NCs. Not the game itself but the mentality to play your game and make the other team adjust. If you play with that as your goal you will win more games. Your team has to have an identity and that is what Dabo is establishing.

Your mentality is sick and twisted.***

Mar 22, 2013, 2:30 PM

Gotta be able to block them better than we have the last

Mar 21, 2013, 11:20 PM

four years. That's been the biggest factor. Their d-line has worn us out.

Well our oline wore them out when we ran the ball last year.

Mar 22, 2013, 2:57 PM

But we stopped.

Mar 21, 2013, 11:44 PM

mr hood--there are team goals and their are individual goals. two years ago i asked andre ellington what his goals were for the upcoming season(his junior year). he said "to finish the season." I personally thought that this was a good goal knowing that he always gives a quality performance if he's healthy. It's way too early to worry about sc or even talk about them. face it, sc beat clemson without its first team qb and its first team running back, but they had one of the best defenses in the sec. still cu put up a good fight. considering the cu defense was very suspect, i didn't think they could have beaten sc. I picked them to go 11-1, losing to sc. cu has a chance this year if they can step up defensively. I look for them to emerge from second-clas citizenship. Do we know how good sc is going to be? i don't. in the mean time, i think it is only fair that we ask them to defeat every team on their schedule that they know is inferior to them and give the others a good battle. I also like your statement about improvement.

Mar 22, 2013, 10:27 PM

This is the same crap that's been said for the past few years.

You can focus on Georgia and still keep SC in the crosshairs all year.

Focusing on beating your rival and making that the "championship" game looking ahead through the season and focusing on the current game at hand aren't mutually exclusive.

I don't get the sentiment behind thinking you have to sacrifice making SC a priority in order to win the freakin' ACC.

If your team is focused, physical and well-coached enough to beat SC at this point, the ACC should come with ease.

No doubt about Swearinger.

Mar 22, 2013, 12:41 AM

I would have been suspended for a few weeks.

Mar 22, 2013, 12:51 AM

I'm sorry but I disagree about retaliating against Swearinger.
The last thing we needed at Death Valley was another free-for-all with the coots, again. The last time that happened it gave us a nothing but heartache and it would have done the same thing this time. If one of our players had retaliated, all hell would have broken loose and the last thing Clemson needs is another bench emptying fight.
As for beating the coots, I hate to agree with Steve Spurier about anything but if you take care of everything else, beating the coots will take care of itself. You should not put any more emphasis on beating the coots than any other game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we had stuck with the run then this wouldn't be an issue

Mar 22, 2013, 1:09 AM

That game to me will be to date the worst offensively coached game that the Chad has called. it was worse then even the WVU game because again that was on the defense not the offense. When AE and McDowell are killing Clowney by running at him, zone reading him, or using misdirection YOU DON"T STOP USING IT UNTIL THEY MAKE YOU!!!

When we get down Chad begins to press and throw the ball more rather then stick with the run. He did the same thing in the LSU game in the 3rd quarter hence the result. In the fourth he stuck with the run and good things happened.

Fact is that SC loses most of their D this year and only have Clowney left for the most part. We have no excuses not to handle them this year.

Goals

Mar 22, 2013, 3:23 AM

I agree with both points.. Im def ready to see the Hard nosed D of the old days back in the Valley.. I think that having your team mates back is important, but not at the expense of flags and unsportsmanship. im proud that our team holds them selves to a higher standard than to retaliate in frustration and hurt the team even more by getting unnecessary penalties.. I was proud of our D last season, lord knows they bent and gave ground but when it was all sais and done they did not break and they got better each and every week. The thing i want to see is another national championship come home to Clemson. Thats should be the only preseason goal postes because in order for that to happen we will have to win our division, our confrence and we will def have to beat the lamecocks!!!

Mar 22, 2013, 4:52 AM

Totally agree with this article!!

We have GOT to get the NASTY back!!

As for that Coot Swearinger?? One of our big O linemen should have have given that punk a big dental bill by knocking all of his TEETH OUT!!

It's time to ring a chickens neck and be done with this "streak" nonsense!

Preach it some more brother!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand the sentiment, but strongly disagree.

Mar 22, 2013, 5:48 AM

"Nasty" isn't who Dabo is. Football is a violent sport, but Dabo is never going to encourage thuggery and I respect him for that. Games comes and go, but character is molded over the course of one's life. The young men that play for us mean more to Dabo than wins and losses. He would rather mold a young man's character than to win a game. Who would you rather your son be like - one of those thuggish coots or Tajh or Nuk?

As for making the coots an obsession, that is also misguided. The coots became more successful by doing the opposite. OBC took down the "Beat Clemson" signs when he arrived and focused on winning period. That's how they got to the point that they could finally dominate us. But they do so at the price of playing the SECheat game and winning at all costs. That is the route the coots chose. It is NOT the route Dabo has chosen and I like his way much better.

For whom would I rather my son play, Dabo or OBC? There's no comparison. Dabo every time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then Dabo will continue to lose against USuC.***

Mar 22, 2013, 6:10 AM

Re: I understand the sentiment, but strongly disagree.

Mar 22, 2013, 11:38 AM [ in reply to I understand the sentiment, but strongly disagree. ]

> "Nasty" isn't who Dabo is. Football is a violent
> sport, but Dabo is never going to encourage thuggery
> and I respect him for that. Games comes and go, but
> character is molded over the course of one's life.
> The young men that play for us mean more to Dabo than
> wins and losses. He would rather mold a young man's
> character than to win a game. Who would you rather
> your son be like - one of those thuggish coots or
> Tajh or Nuk?
>
> As for making the coots an obsession, that is also
> misguided. The coots became more successful by doing
> the opposite. OBC took down the "Beat Clemson" signs
> when he arrived and focused on winning period. That's
> how they got to the point that they could finally
> dominate us. But they do so at the price of playing
> the SECheat game and winning at all costs. That is
> the route the coots chose. It is NOT the route Dabo
> has chosen and I like his way much better.
>
> For whom would I rather my son play, Dabo or OBC?
> There's no comparison. Dabo every time.

You are DEAD WRONG about SOS's approach to the 'Beat Clemson' mentality at USC. He was LOSING to Tammy Bowdown on a regular basis with that lets-not-get-too-worked-up-about-Clemson attitude he brought with him to Columbia. Certain people told Spurrier, 'Get worked up - big time' and he did.

The day will come (and it won't be this year) when Carolina loses to Clemson. Don't expect a return to the old Carolina that rolled over and whimpered, "That's okay. We beat ya'll 3 years ago." That ain't gonna happen . . . ever.

We could certainly beat you this year.

Mar 22, 2013, 12:12 PM

It will be at your place but I don't see how you can say it can't happen.

Your grandfather said the same thing in 1971***

Mar 22, 2013, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I understand the sentiment, but strongly disagree. ]

Amen.

Mar 22, 2013, 6:14 AM

"I can say this, without any doubt or any equivocation, if I had been one of Ellington’s teammates and I was on the field for that play, Swearinger would have woken up looking out the earhole of his helmet. In fact, I’m probably getting tossed from the game at that point because I would have been out to do major damage. Why? Because you don’t do that to my teammate, in my stadium, in this rivalry. Ever. And get away with it."

Our players did nothing. Congrats seniors. 0-4. With that finesse mentality, that's what we deserved.

What we needed down 17-14 was a TD not a 15 yard penalty.

Mar 22, 2013, 6:26 AM

That was the most important drive of the game. You get your manhood back by winning the game not with 15 yard penalties.

Swearinger looks stupid if we go down and score there because his stupid penalty would have helped.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was 20-17 at that point. I know, we still needed a TD.

Mar 22, 2013, 3:00 PM

That play makes me sick.

Re: What we needed down 17-14 was a TD not a 15 yard penalty.

Mar 22, 2013, 10:30 PM [ in reply to What we needed down 17-14 was a TD not a 15 yard penalty. ]

Unfortunately, we didn't score.

And we watched 11 men in orange get punked by one thug coot.

I can't speak for others, but I noticed a certain swagger

Mar 22, 2013, 6:33 AM

among our team during the CFA Bowl, and I believe that contributed to our win. Specifically, I think we "wore out" LSU because of our physicality. I, also, believe it's possible to gain psychological edges without having to resort to outright thuggery, much the way DI's gain control over recruits with an in-your-face, blood-curdling screaming attitude, all of which relies upopn motivation from the staff and from the team members themselves. Further, I believe the public uproar within the Clemson family over the Swearinger act along with our team's failure to respond served as motivation during the CFA...motivation that I hope returns during each game this season.

Lastly, no coach...repeat, no coach at Clemson has EVER lost to the Gamecocks five years in a row. The younger crowd might not understand, but for a host of older Clemson grads and fans, the Clemson/SC game remains "the game" of the year. God forbid a five-peat should occur this year, as the hue and cry within the Clemson family will surely reach the stars. The staff and team must resolve that the "peating" stops this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can't speak for others, but I noticed a certain swagger

Mar 22, 2013, 8:52 AM

I think we were the better team last year. The difference is that Clowney took the week off the previous week. Most of our starters on both sides of the ball playerd at least 60 snaps some played 100+ .... They had fresh legs we had dead legs by the end of the game.
The previous week we played NCSt, our offense ran 100+ snaps. NCSt ran close to 100 plus some were on special teams as well. USC played Wofford and had close to 50 snaps form both teams but the starters did not play the entire game.
It is important to beat USC but USC may have had the best team last year they have ever had, based on experience and depth. The next 2 years may see the best teams we have ever had based on experience and depth.

Re: I can't speak for others, but I noticed a certain swagger

Mar 22, 2013, 2:30 PM

true but going back to the Clemson USC game it was all coaching, That week we trained for the Connor Shaw attack but Conner didn't Play. We prepared for Clowney at D-end but they moved him in and out of the Linebacker's position. But this year we got there number!!!

Mar 22, 2013, 7:12 AM

Abso-freaking-lutely.

Preach on!!

The Big State Rivalry

Mar 22, 2013, 7:51 AM

I keep hearing about how Dabo didn't beat the coots Dabo needs to make it his priority. Really I think the players do. Why because if you look back at the game last year the plays were there and unfortunately the players didn't make the plays. Dropped passes killed our drives more often than anything else. We don't need to blame a coach's planning but do need to look at that game as a lesson in life. Stuff happens. That’s it. The surest hands on our team had an off day and we lost. It happens and you have to get over it. Please stop bashing a coach that got us to where we are today. The team is on the right path.

Well, I wouldn't define the overall "nastiness" of our team

Mar 22, 2013, 8:18 AM

by the one hit that Ellington sustained. For instance, I do recall a DB or a LB absolutely laying out one of USuC's WR or RB out in the flats. I remember the commentators saying that it looked like a penalty but it was a perfectly legal hit. I think I remember Shuey getting a personal foul too with an intentional late hit out of bounds. That's one thing I really like about Shuey...he plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Sorry if this isn't accurate and that it isn't more detailed than that...I haven't really made it a point to remember that game in particular...

I agree wholeheartedly with your points David Hood

Mar 22, 2013, 8:23 AM

I can think of a long list of names of former players whom I'd love to hear what their reaction would have been to Swearinger's garbage. He should have been knocked SLAM out and carted to the sidelines!!
Beating the cooterheads has long been a top priority for me and I, likewise, hope that this mentality returns to the coaches and team!!

Attack Clowney!!! LSU did and WON they Wore him down

Mar 22, 2013, 9:20 AM

They didnt run from Clowney they ran at him....we may need to incorporate a fullback or half back just in case he does get pass the O-line we need a (SNIPER)one on Dfense and Offense for (Shaw) running attacks.

Re: Attack Clowney!!! LSU did and WON they Wore him down

Mar 22, 2013, 11:29 AM

We have some, CLEMSON future revised, back in the day, hard hitting, relentless, hungry, never quit a down, swarmming defense!

Mar 22, 2013, 2:13 PM

that's what I'm desiring to see, it's time to get ugly we need nasty leaders and the rest will follow

Mar 22, 2013, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Attack Clowney!!! LSU did and WON they Wore him down ]

can't wait!!!

Are you Islamic?

Mar 22, 2013, 9:42 AM

Thuggerism aka "nasty attitudes" has no place in football. The game provide plenty of opportunity for hard nosed clean play without the type of callous criminal behavior you espouse and many SEC teams resort to. The UGA vs UF game last year left me wishing for mass arrests on both sidelines. The hit you mentioned against Ellington in last years USC debackle is another example of what should be criminal behavior. Most of us are aware of the blindside hit by the UNC player last year that occurred BETWEEN plays during a substitution. Is that what you want Clemson to be like? I don't. Play hard, play fair, don't intentionally set out to injure anyone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you Islamic?

Mar 22, 2013, 11:20 AM

From what I saw, Ellington was a split second from making him miss. pulled up a little and caught before he could lower his pads and was caught running high, "Nice Tap. See you on the next play, or don't blink when I cross the line of scrimmage in the NFL. I DON'T GET MAD, I GET EVEN; PLAY BALL." However, missed the misdirections a/w combo options during a play, the quit adjustments on offense when defenses are pressuring alot during the usc game. We went away from what we did best. Clemson fun to watch, not knowing what to expect next style of offense. What happen? We'll play our game this year on every field, every play, every environment, and against every team. ALL-IN TIGERS. PS: LET STOP HEARTACHES, PAIN, & BLEEDING THIS YEAR, PUNISH usc NO MATTER WHERE: IN THEIR STADUIM OR THEIR PARKING LOT THIS COMING NOVEMBER. REMEMBER: ALL-IN, IN ALL YOU DO FOR THE FIRST GAME. LET GET READY TO PLAY GEORGIA (CAN'T WAIT)!!!!

Are you Jesuit?

Mar 22, 2013, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Are you Islamic? ]

I get what you say about thuggerism, but you take it to the level of avoiding conflict at all cost. Never start a fight, because THAT's thuggerism. Always finish it; that's asserting one's own honor and self-respect, and it's a necessary instinct for competing in a sport as physically confrontational and violent as football.

Walk away and say "good job, #######?" And no retribution? Smart play within the rules, but in the context of having lost three games to those sons of ####### in a row and being pushed around in our own house en route to a fourth? No ####ing way.

Earhole the guy right there and then? Overt and counter-productive in the sense of the rules, and likely to set off a powder keg, but acceptable IMO. Our rivalry is hot enough that escalation is always possible. It has happened many times before in the last 110 years and will happen again. And when it happens because of a deserved response to such a level of disrespect, the majority of us can live with that.

Wait for a dogpile and poke him in the eye or punch him in the nuts? MANDATORY and smarter. I hope it happened and we just didn't see it, and I hope it hurt.

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

USuC's "nasty attitude" has beaten us 4 in a row.

Mar 22, 2013, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Are you Islamic? ]

And next year will be tough once again.

Re: Re: I can't speak for others, but I noticed a certain swagger

Mar 22, 2013, 11:23 AM

Let me get this straight.... Scar won without their starting QB, without their All American RB, out gained us by 100 + yards and won by 10. In Death Valley. But Clemson was the better team? That may be the single most asinine post I have ever read in my life.
Don't be an idiot.

We were the better team because we are Clemson.

Mar 22, 2013, 7:49 PM

No matter how bad we get beat on the field, we will always be the better team. We are men of God and Sons of Clemson. You must not make it up to these hills very often- they are magical.

Mar 22, 2013, 12:08 PM

Clemson had the better team? LOL!!! You beat one team in the top 50 and lost to South Carolina head to head. South Carolina beat 4 teams in the top 25 last year. I love all your excuses too!

Mar 22, 2013, 2:53 PM

KMSL. 1 Top 50 team? .. You know good and well that LSU has been a top 5 team every year for the last 10 years. Come to think yall actually lost to them.. a team that we beat. Losing to Florida also.. a team that lost to Louisville. Considering Louisville lost to Syracuse and Connecticut. Connecticut a team that lost to Western Michigan. Yea ponti.. I would learn some facts before coming on here with that $hit.

Mar 23, 2013, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: I can't speak for others, but I noticed a certain swagger ]

Doesn't say much for the top 25 teams that you beat. Of course they are in the sec so it's obvious they were over rated to begin with. You didn't beat lsu did you???Without Bama', the sec is just another league.

Mar 22, 2013, 12:40 PM

AMEN!!!! Its time to put the chickens in their place where they used to be.

"Preaching" for unsportsmanlike, unchristian conduct? Ironic***

Mar 22, 2013, 1:49 PM

whatever training we had before LSU, needs to start NOW!!!!***

Mar 22, 2013, 2:20 PM

Mar 22, 2013, 7:09 PM

May be your best ever, David. Good job. Despite the recruiting rankings, Spurrier has has a multi-year head start on Dabo and we're just now catching up. This is the first year under Dabo that we've had stability in OC and DC, and it's about to pay dividends. What better to end the streak than in their house?

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Mar 22, 2013, 7:59 PM

I appreciate where you are coming from, but under NO circumstances do I want to see a "thug" attitude on the field like the ##### or LSU. NEVER.!!!! Condoning cheap shots is ridiculous for you to advocate.
I want to see us beat the ##### as bad as anyone, but exchange cheap shots with scores... that will be all the justice you need.

We should have stuck with what we do Period

Mar 22, 2013, 10:35 PM

Which is go fast,you dont change your gameplan until you are forced to.

Re: We should have stuck with what we do Period

Mar 23, 2013, 12:13 AM

Three: AMEN,AMEN,AMEN TO THAT!!! DO WHAT CLEMSON DO BEST AND BELIEVE IN---CLEMSON NEW STYLE OF FOOTBALL.

So is one of the people mad about this post

Mar 25, 2013, 10:01 AM

the same guy that called in to WCCP after TB was fired crying because Tommy is a "Good Christian Mayunnn"?

Grow up. Football isn't a sin, nobody's saying try to injure someone, but if you hit them hard enough that they don't want to get hit again, then you have the advantage.

Mar 25, 2013, 10:10 PM

I live 35 minutes from Williams-Brice. I am sick of it. I just don't feel the sense of urgency from Clemson against SC that I do with other games. It just seems like it's not all that important.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Replies: 81
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic