Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 716

Tiger Basketball

Mar 19, 2013, 1:22 PM

I am in limbo about Brownell some say he needs more time others say he's gotta go. I would think with our style of hardnosed defense if we had 2 or more scorers we will be great again. I watched every game on tv to see if Brownell made stupid coaching decisions even listening to commentators who aren't afraid to call out a coach and ask why in the heck did he do that. I cannot recall one time a bad coaching move other than playing with the hand that he was dealt with. I'm sure there were times that he called a play and the team didn't execute and people wondered what the heck was he thinking when in reality he may have called the right play but they didn't execute. I will stop rambling I know too late lol but I love all Clemson sports I live in NC and hate the Tarheels with a passion and so glad they have list the last 2 acc championship games Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i dont think most have issue with his coaching

Mar 19, 2013, 1:28 PM

its his lack of recruiting that lends to seeing zero hope in the next 3 yrs. No shooters and no big men at all. The best we can hope for next yr is maybe being just above .500. If if for some reason his recruiting takes a miraculous turn, it won't be til 2015 til we see one of these miraculous players.

His recruiting is his achilles heal. It's not if he will get fired, it's just a matter of when.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very true

Mar 19, 2013, 1:42 PM

But what I don't understand is people say he can't recruit but I'm sure he offers the top talent just like duke and unc but he can't force them to come here if they don't want. I would really hate for him to get so frustrated that he resorts to cheating then we get caught and then the embarrassment really begins.

Re: Very true

Mar 19, 2013, 2:31 PM

Are you referring to the chapel hill approach to winning basketball? Will not happen at Clemson. The reality is ... if you are a great five star high school player do you want to play at Clemson, a school that has won almost nothing? The coach, who ever it may be, has got to sell Clemson to this one player that we need. Tough job. I believe that that player who can help Clemson is out there. He just has to be discovered. Tough job. I have NO problem with BB. He is a great guy and loves Clemson and he knows basketball.

Exactly!

Mar 19, 2013, 3:25 PM

North Carolina Duke and most of the big boys cheated at some point to give their program a boost. I personally would rather have a Brownell who is struggling but obviuosly knows the game far better than we do certainly myself included than get caught cheating .Brownell is coaching his guts out! In my opinion he brings class dignity respect and those things go very far with me of course I want to win more who doesn't? I was around when the football program got caught cheating and man oh man did I catch hell!!

Re: Exactly!

Mar 19, 2013, 9:38 PM

Few people remember and most up here want to forget the cheating scandal that hit chapel hill after the 1957 NC. Wasn't Frank McGuire involved in that???

Replies: 5
| visibility 716
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic