Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Sumner-Gardner commits to SEC school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Sumner-Gardner commits to SEC school

Mar 2, 2013, 5:34 PM

Sumner-Gardner commits to SEC school

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

######.***

Mar 2, 2013, 5:36 PM

it's ok. we know what he thinks commitment means.***

Mar 2, 2013, 5:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Disappointed to lose him but I think he's a good kid and

Mar 2, 2013, 9:43 PM

I'm glad he did it early so we can get someone else. Certainly don't blame him for wanting to be closer to home.

Re: it's ok. we know what he thinks commitment means.***

Mar 2, 2013, 11:32 PM [ in reply to it's ok. we know what he thinks commitment means.*** ]

He just waiting on OLE MISS $$$ .. He has all summer to work on getting his banking affairs in order .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's ok. we know what he thinks commitment means.***

Mar 7, 2013, 10:19 AM [ in reply to it's ok. we know what he thinks commitment means.*** ]

Hopefully his Girl friend and his best friends can see through his BS commitments to them before he drops them like a used rubber/condom. People like him will only stand up for them selves, and never behind the ones he claims loyalty to. People that lets them selves get close to him will only be used until the next person comes along that he feels he can get more out of. We all heard him give his profuse praise and love for Clemson to then turn his back on "I have LOVED Clemson my whole life". I'm sure there is a long line of people from his past that can profess to his SALT and VINEGAR character. If you were to put Summer and Nkimdeche in the same barrel and tried to pour them out. They would clog the opening from them both trying to fall out at the same time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow.....haha later kid

Mar 2, 2013, 5:42 PM

Nm

How solid to UGA is Nick Glass?***

Mar 2, 2013, 5:57 PM

He's looking around, not solid at all.***

Mar 2, 2013, 9:39 PM

Then come on down***

Mar 3, 2013, 12:17 AM

Wow...so much for us being his "dream school". Just my

Mar 2, 2013, 5:59 PM

opinion, but I think he used the commit to us to get his recruiting jump started so he could get to the school he really dreamed of going to. Or possibly he saw how many db's signed on last month and didn't think he was up to the task to compete for a spot.

Re: Wow...so much for us being his "dream school". Just my

Mar 3, 2013, 9:33 AM

Picking up a DB like M A cut the Summer string.

Re: Recruit Update: Sumner-Gardner commits to SEC school

Mar 2, 2013, 6:00 PM

interest in Clemson...but can certainly understand staying at home and playing with exciting Johnny Football too!

Good luck Sumner-Garner and we'll watch you from afar when you should whip up on Gamecocks, Dawgs, Gators, Red Elephants, Rebels & other brands of Tigers!!

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2013, 7:15 PM

Thanks for this post. It's disappointing to see so many others trashing the kid. He seemed to be very well mannered throughout the whole process and deserving of Clemson's respect.

Mar 3, 2013, 10:20 AM

You are right. I mean the kid did tell how much he loved Clemson. And how he has wanted to play for Clemson his whole life. Hey, his dream school offered and he committed. Now was his story the truth, or was he full of B/S in a Clemson camp trying to get noticed. Here of late if Clemson offers you, many others are going to look at you. Dabo and coaches should stop offering so quick b/c we are doing the scouting for other schools and giving them more time to spend on other recruits.

Mar 2, 2013, 6:05 PM

The idea of a recruiting pipeline to Texas is ludicrous.

Distance and geography matters a lot. We need to dominate recruiting in Carolinas and get a bunch from Georgia and Florida, and we will be fine.

Mar 3, 2013, 10:31 AM

I agree 10 thousand percent. Work our home recruiting ground the way we have done to get us where we are today. Texas and Cali schools have never sent us nothing. They will now to get their kids noticed. Stay with our bread and butter as in SC, NC, Jawja, Virginy, Fla. The others will let us know if they are interested. Just like the kid from Hawaii. He knew about us, he came to visit and he has stayed with us. We should without a doubt keep our nose to the ground in the states that has gotten us to where we are now!!!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a rat's #### about

Mar 2, 2013, 6:05 PM

seeing a pic of another team's recruit and coaching staff on this site.

But maybe I'm way off base.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No sir, it is not just you by any means....

Mar 2, 2013, 6:11 PM

I know recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, but once a recruit opts to go elsewhere I wish them well but my attention refocuses on those who chose our great University. They deserve the pics and the headlines.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I agree with you***

Mar 2, 2013, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a rat's #### about ]

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Agreed 100%, unless a kid is committing to us early in the..

Mar 2, 2013, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a rat's #### about ]

process, I don't want to hear about it if a target commits to another school early in the process.

Re: Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a rat's #### about

Mar 2, 2013, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a rat's #### about ]

No, you are not way off base.

Mar 2, 2013, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a rat's #### about ]

Totally agree . Why...... Give them attention . Maybe a little footnote at bottom titled "not strong enough to wear the orange" blah blah headed to ....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, then next February come NSD, everyone will be asking

Mar 3, 2013, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a rat's #### about ]

"hey, whatever happened to that DSG kid?"

Man, whoever runs this site is ###### if you do and ###### if you don't....

Mar 3, 2013, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a rat's #### about ]

You're not alone with your statement!!!

Re: No, you are not off base.***

Mar 4, 2013, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Maybe it's just me, but I don't give a rat's #### about ]

Oh well. We need to take care of our backyard anyway.***

Mar 2, 2013, 6:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2013, 6:26 PM

RN junior?

What a ####***

Mar 2, 2013, 6:28 PM

Surprised I can't say the shortened version of Richard.***

Mar 2, 2013, 6:30 PM

This guy was all over our jock last summer. What a cat.***

Mar 2, 2013, 6:32 PM

Guess that means no more Bus Rides but appreciate his taking

Mar 2, 2013, 6:37 PM

that loooog trip to Tigertown to look us over...and look forward to him & Johnny Football beating the *#+! out of Gamecocks, Red Elephants, Dawgs, Gators & all SEC Teams!

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is so dumb

Mar 2, 2013, 6:51 PM

Couldn't he have really wanted to go to Clemson, but realized it would've been tough to go so far away? Plus he would've had an offer from ATM anyway.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is so dumb

Mar 2, 2013, 6:53 PM

agree! he said that he rode the bus for 16 hours to get to Clemson,, I never thought he would sign with us

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2013, 7:41 PM

MUST WE feed into the "SEC" hype machine???

Can we not simply say: "So and so commits to TAM or Fla, or Auburn, etc.?

What is this "Commits to an SEC School" crap??

When we emphasize the "SEC" part it just feeds Into the hype and our targeted recruits see that!!

The young man committed to a SCHOOL (Texas A&M), NOT a conference.

When our recruits commit to Clemson, they are committing to CLEMSON.....NOT the "ACC".

Okay, okay...I am finished venting. Just getting sick and tired of the whole rediculous SEC BS!!

GO TIGERS!!......The "ACC" type!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2013, 7:45 PM

Well at least he did not choose Auburn. We can't blame Coach Cheese for losing this one.

Who knows, the kid my change his mind again.

Took the words right outta my mouth....its ridiculous***

Mar 2, 2013, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Sumner-Gardner commits to SEC school ]

Mar 3, 2013, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Sumner-Gardner commits to SEC school ]

Hood and T-net promotes the sec way more than they do Clemson OR the acc.

Brian said he's very disappointed in you

Mar 2, 2013, 9:20 PM

Gardner you said Brian Dawkins was one of your favorite player growing up and you really liked Clemson as well, so basically you were just giving us smoke signals to get our hopes up, well I guess you will be regretting this decision when were winning a National Championship without you, your loss bro!

Mar 2, 2013, 9:54 PM

probably makes more sense for him and his family - - traveling gets expensive.

Mar 3, 2013, 10:40 AM

On a BUS it surely would!!!

That sounds about right

Mar 2, 2013, 11:44 PM

He took a 22 hour bus trip to Clemson....understand completely

Chill guys

Mar 3, 2013, 12:06 AM

Just remember. Its much closer to home than Clemson.

If Clemson finishes its business this year and wins a national championship we might get him, or a better player in the 2014 class. Clemson is a great place to play and there is TON of time left between now and signing day. Hell if our defense improves a lot this year it will make recruiting star defensive players cake.

Mar 3, 2013, 9:29 AM

In a couple of months he will be committed to the next glitter that flashes past his eyes.

So the kid wanted to stay home...big deal.***

Mar 3, 2013, 10:22 AM

Mar 3, 2013, 10:57 AM

Would have saying Texas A&M to much for you guy's at TN to write. Or is it that the T-Net staff writers are SEC homers also. You promote the sec as much or more than the sec does. SEC appreciates T-net's help in promoting the sec brand on a regular daily basis.

Dear Texas A&M, Just a piece of advice.

Mar 3, 2013, 11:45 AM

Don't get rid of your secondary coach.

Hey Dylan, ask Craig Poppa Loston how that switch worked out

Mar 4, 2013, 10:44 PM

for him.

Better yet just look at him being picked up off the field against Clemson as time expired on 2012 in the Georgia Dome.

Nuff Said

Funny how all the SEC schools are now called SEC school...

Mar 5, 2013, 10:38 AM

instead of by their own name...LOL they are losing their own identities.

why on the Tnet do we say "commits to SEC school"

Mar 5, 2013, 10:41 AM

why not just say Texas A&M....he's playing for Texas A&M...the Aggies...he's not reporting to Birmingham to the league offices for classes and to play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic