Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Mar 1, 2013, 10:33 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

Now that the football schedule is finally out for the 2013 season, why does it take so long for the ACC to rele

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Mar 1, 2013, 11:59 AM

Hey Mickey, I read the comments of the gentleman from Spartanburg (season tickets for 30 yrs)in your Friday column regarding Brad Brownell and agree with him 100%. I think that Brad is as good a basketball coach as any that Clemson has had. I am in my mid 50's and started following Clemson basketball before football. I agree that he has had situations arise these past 3 years that has put him behind the "8 ball" so to speak. You have chronicled our basketball issues very well. We can't continue to turn over coaches every 4-5 years. I believe in Brad Brownell and his coaches. He needs time to recruit and develop players. Of course, we all know that success in college athletics depends on recruiting (i.e. Alabama football, Clemson football, NC State Basketball, etc).

Patience is not a trait of Clemson fans. Plus, Clemson fans need to get over the "Frank Howard Curse" as I call it when it comes to Clemson basketball.

Clemson fans need to get behind Brownell and his staff instead of being so apathetic. Please stop the negative comments and replace them with encouraging ones. That is the only way that we Clemson fans will be able to overcome "culture" problem that has existing over Clemson basketball for the past 75 years or so.

I went to last night's Bojangles commercial and I seem to

Mar 1, 2013, 12:24 PM

remember there was a basketball game too.

I can remember when getting the crowd involved, up on their feet cheering during timeouts was a priority.

1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4 ....

There was none of that. Is it just me or was it just this game. This was the first one I made it to this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

I meant to post this to the main story.***

Mar 1, 2013, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Mar 2, 2013, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag ]

and when we can hit free throws and quit throwing the ball in the stands like a junior high team, then I will feel that we are getting somewhere as far as being well coached.

My gosh, this clown Plyler has something against Milt.

Mar 2, 2013, 11:29 AM

Still complaining about Milt and to Coach Brownell about keeping him? Dude, for the love of God, LET IT GO! The players and Brownell supported Milt and felt he wasn't a detriment to the team. Mickey, you have 3 more games of Milt and then you can go out and drink a cold Coca Cola and celebrate with some of the other tight #### Clemson fans that agree with you.

You gotta forgive Mickey...He thought OP was a great coach

Mar 2, 2013, 12:59 PM

laying a solid foundation...He also lobbied for Will Proctor to get MORE playing time...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Mickey isn't doing commercials or talking about

Mar 2, 2013, 1:10 PM

the Yankees, I can listen to him, but this Milt situation is something that just particularly seemed to get in his craw and won't leave. I know the dude has some Draconian beliefs on marijuana, like Reefer Madness beliefs, but I just don't recall him going on and on that Sammy should leave.

If Milt was more consistent, people would give him a pass as

Mar 2, 2013, 3:58 PM

well, but since most can't get past the fact that he was over-rated coming out of HS, they hold his arrest against him...Bellamy is another good example...Most of the people that wanted Milt to be kicked off would welcome Mike back with open arms...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic