Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Billy Napier to leave FSU for Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Football Update: Billy Napier to leave FSU for Alabama

Feb 22, 2013, 12:02 PM

Billy Napier to leave FSU for Alabama

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he had the FSU job for about a month?***

Feb 22, 2013, 12:03 PM

Fast mover.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that didn't last long...***

Feb 22, 2013, 12:03 PM

Bama: a haven for Clemson rejects***

Feb 22, 2013, 12:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Napier was kind of a victim of his own success at Clemson

Feb 22, 2013, 1:01 PM

he would be a great recruiting coordinator or lower level assistant coach, but he just wasn't ready to be an OC at the ACC level of play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Napier was kind of a victim of his own success at Clemson

Feb 22, 2013, 2:35 PM

he was a great recruiting coordinator at Clemson...

Feb 22, 2013, 5:27 PM

But he was a poor OC, mainly because he wasn't ready for that level of responsibility. IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2013, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Napier was kind of a victim of his own success at Clemson ]

yep I think two folks learned a lesson there. Dabo and Billy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Napier & Clemson was a victim of Dabo's inexperience.

Feb 22, 2013, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Napier was kind of a victim of his own success at Clemson ]

Dabo made the mistake of promoting Napier to OC-- even though Napier wasn't competent to be an OC yet. Unfortunately, once it became obvious that Napier wasn't competent as an OC, then Dabo had to fire Napier-- essentially punishing Napier for Dabo's mistake. That hurt Clemson a second time because Napier is a fantastic recruiter, and Clemson would have benefitted from retaining Napier as an assistant/recruiter. That on-the-job training mistake likely cost Clemson some game losses and talent losses.

Napier is a smart guy and a great recruiter so I'm sure he'll do just fine, and perhaps someday make a good OC or HC. Best of luck to him.

Every head coach in America has had to fire assistants.

Feb 22, 2013, 10:02 PM

Napier was given a tremendous opportunity. It's ridiculous to say Dabo punished him by letting him go. That makes no sense at all. All coaches have had to fire guys they hired.

And to this point, how many BCS coaches can you name who did as well in their first 4 years of head coaching as Dabo has?

Yes, he's made some mistakes, but there's not a coach out there who hasn't. I like where we are, and where we're going.

Re: Every head coach in America has had to fire assistants.

Feb 23, 2013, 10:43 AM

I very much agree with your post. The thing that none of us know is just what constraints Dabo was under when he was making his original hires (remember the TB buyout and Dabo having to use some of his compensation to help attract assistants). BN probably will grow into a good OC some day, just like Dabo has grown into a pretty darned good HC. Sad to say, but if BN had done a little better, we wouldn't have seen the urgency to hire a Chad Morris, and then a Brent Venables after the KS fiasco. Some only choose to see the negatives. We are doing just fine at Clemson, and we are doing it the right way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But not many AQ coaches hire terribly inexperienced OCs.

Feb 23, 2013, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Every head coach in America has had to fire assistants. ]

Dabo made a mistake in promoting Napier to OC. I said it at the time. (Most of the T-Net pumpers told me I was wrong, but it turned out that I was right.) I know it's hard for pumpers to admit that Dabo made some serious mistakes as a young, inexperienced coach, but it's a simple fact. Promoting Napier was a bad decision. Napier wasn't "a victim of his own success", as the poster above claimed (and to which I responded). He was a victim of Dabo's inexperience. Do you seriously think that Dabo (who is a much better HC now that he has more experience) would make that same kind of mistake again? No way.

As the saying goes, "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else."

Dabo had some success in his first 4 years, but he did that with one of the most talented teams in the country, in one of the weakeast AQ conferences in the country. (ACC was ranked 7th in the Sagarin rankings twice under Dabo's tenure.) And let's not forget that despite having Top-15-ish player talent every year, he also had a 6-7 campaign and had lots of upset losses to teams with far inferior player talent (including two losses in one season to a lower-talent GT team costing us an ACC title). He also got spanked badly 4-straight to SCar, took a record-setting beating in the Orange Bowl, lost to USF, etc. He's getting better as an HC (and this year showed that) but it's a simple fact that he made a lot of unforced newbie mistakes in his early years-- which was the point of my reply about Napier being "a victim of his own success".

Oh come on. Don't act like you were some kind of genius,

Feb 23, 2013, 11:29 AM

there were A LOT of people who questioned the promotion of Napier to OC.

I'm no genius for seeing an obvious thing Dabo failed to see

Feb 24, 2013, 12:45 PM

My point about mentioning that I was right and that I was hammered about being an "idiot" here on T-Net for questioning Dabo's god-like infalibility, is to show how ridiculously HC-worshipping many T-Netters are. They couldn't admit that Dabo was making a mistake at the time, and they still can't admit that he made a mistake-- or at least they defend it as no worse than any other hiring/firing that a great coach like Saban would make.

Not one person holds up Dabo to God-like infalibility

Feb 24, 2013, 1:20 PM

Just some guys like you are not very knowledgeable when it comes to football. You've shown that time and time again over the years, and you've been wrong and/or misguided more often than not. This case is the same.

Most people wondered out loud about Napier. He is/was a well thought young guy in coaching circles, but most everyone was unsure about him taking the reigns of ur offense. But Dabo didn't have much choice in the matter, plus it made sense to hire someone he was familiar with and could trust. He gave Billy a shot. Ultimately Dabo made a mistake by giving a staff member the job that the university wouldn't give him the money for, but there isn't a coach alive who hasn't had to fire assistants. So what's your point?

Got any proof of those claims or is it T-Net lore?***

Feb 28, 2013, 11:30 PM

I honestly laughed out loud when I read...

Feb 24, 2013, 1:27 PM [ in reply to But not many AQ coaches hire terribly inexperienced OCs. ]

"with one of the most talented teams in the country"...

We have had some good players in the program but we are far from being one of the most talented teams in the country. Even if we were, it still takes X's and O's, leadership, and motivation to win football games. And now we're winning games at a level as high as we ever have, and appear to be getting even better.

But again, THERE IS NOT A COACH IN THE GAME WHO HAS NOT MADE MISTAKES ABOUT ASSISTANTS. Your attempts to act as if this issue is exclusive to Dabo is ridiculous and baseless.

And like I said, in spite of your attempt to focus on the negatives, I cannot think of any coach who has accomplished as much in their first 4 years of 1-A head coaching as Dabo has. Not saying there haven't been some, but I can't think of any. I noticed you didn't even try.

Then how did Gus get a job?***

Feb 24, 2013, 3:57 PM [ in reply to But not many AQ coaches hire terribly inexperienced OCs. ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By years of leading teams to state championships (like Chad)

Mar 1, 2013, 9:18 PM

Unlike Napier, who had only ever been a positon coach.

Re: No. Napier & Clemson was a victim of Dabo's inexperience.

Feb 23, 2013, 10:52 AM [ in reply to No. Napier & Clemson was a victim of Dabo's inexperience. ]

Hard to say whether Dabo giving BN the OC job has hurt BN at all. Had he not been our OC, he might not have gotten a sniff at a program like AL, then at FSU and then back to a real coaching job at AL. Granted BN wasn't qualified to be an OC yet when he was given our OC job, but all coaches make bad decisions, and Dabo certainly had very tight purse strings with which to operate. By the way, I seem to remember Nick Saban firing some of his assistants along the way, and I believe Kevin Steele was one of his, and our, mistakes, but now he's back at AL to try something else. I hope he succeeds, but this may be another poor decision by Saban. Time will tell.

Hiring Steele was understandable. Promoting Napier was not.

Feb 23, 2013, 11:44 AM

I think Napier will be fine, but after all that bouncing around, he's still an assistant, like he could have been at Clemson, minus all the hasle of moving around the country, including a brief stint at Colorado State. I don't think the bouncing helped his resume. And his failed OC stint at Clemson probably won't inspire any AQ schools to hire him as an OC. So overall, it's hard to imagine that the OC-stint & subsequent firing helped his resume-- though perhaps it gave him valuable experience.

Did TDP force Dabo to hire Napier or go ultra-low-budget on his OC choice? I've never seen that excuse reported by a reliable source. TDP didn't keep Dabo from hiring a seasoned DC so why would he keep Dabo from hiring a seasoned OC?

In hindsight, hiring Kevin Steele was a bad decision, but it was a more reasonable decision based on Steele's track record. However, it was too risky to promote an inexperienced Napier to OC-- especially when Dabo knew that Napier wasn't going to run Dabo's preferred style of spread-offense.

BTW: Firing one of the best DCs in the country, Vic Koenning, was a terrible decision. If Dabo had been a more experienced manager, he could have smoothed things over with Koenning for the sake of the program.

Re: Hiring Steele was understandable. Promoting Napier was not.

Feb 23, 2013, 3:35 PM

Razz, there are many, many HC's and OC's that have bounced around quite a bit - Butch Davis, Lane Kiffin, Tommy Tubberville, Mike O'Cain, Kevin Steele, to name a few, and I could go on and on. That is the profession they have chosen, and that is what many, many coaches do before they finally find a home or either wash out. Sometimes they hit a home run with a program, a scheme, just the right personnel, etc., and it succeeds, as was the case with Chizik at Auburn when he had a very special Cam Newton and a great OC to find success. Also, it was stated many times that Dabo didn't have an unlimited budget making the original hires. He did, in fact, use some of his compensation to help pay assistants, and that was documented. I don't know how you missed that. Maybe Koening should have gotten the HC job instead of Dabo, but he didn't, and VK let it be known that he didn't like it. Not too smart to publicly express stuff like that when it's about the guy who would be your new boss. That ranks about a zero in applied intelligence, and doubtful that there was much that Dabo, nor anybody else, could have done to make VK's feelings about getting the shaft go away, therefore adios VK. All that said, you have been pretty anti Dabo from the get go, but he is doing a pretty good job by most standards and living by the rules by which he is expected to adhere. TB was loyal to a fault. Dabo is making the decisions necessary to make us what we all want, and he is doing a pretty good job as evidenced by our success to date, but you may believe what you wish. It won't make Dabo's success to date go away.

How many of those HCs promoted no-experience buddies to OC?

Feb 24, 2013, 1:12 PM

It was documented (suspiciously publicly) that Dabo allocated some of his compensation for assistants. It was not documented that Dabo was restricted on hiring a seasoned OC. He did hire a seasoned DC (Steele).

It was publicly reported in the newspapers that Koenning asked Dabo if he would be retained and Dabo said no. Koenning (who understandably felt jilted) was willing to work with Dabo. Dabo was not willing to put aside his emotions and act like a professional by retaining one of the best DCs in the country.

I was opposed to promoting Dabo because I don't think Clemson should be a place for on-the-job training of an HC. At the time (and ever since) I've said that I think Dabo could learn to be a good head coach someday. Right now I'd give him a "B" or maybe a "B+". But he made a LOT of stupid, newbie mistakes in his early years. E.g. He hired Napier. He let Ellington & Jamie Harper decide how to split their carries. He favored more senior guys like Xavier Dye over spectacular freshmen, like Hopkins. Etc. He apparently learned from those mistake. E.g. They started Watkins as a freshman from game 1.

I opposed promoting Dabo to do on-the-job training and pointed out his many newbie msitakes in previous years. But since Dabo has become a better coach through his on-the-job training, I've given almost no critique right?

I can admit that Dabo has become a decent coach. Can T-Netters admit that he made a LOT of unforced, newbie mistakes in his first few years? Can you?

"I was opposed to promoting Dabo"

Feb 24, 2013, 1:32 PM

When you boil away all your exaggerated bullcrap, you can admit you were wrong, right?

And, gee, a "newbie" coach making some mistakes. How dare he do that!! LOL. In spite of whatever mistakes you can come up with, we're succeeding at a level the program has very rarely seen. Looks like you were wrong.

No. I was right. Clemson suffered from Dabo's inexperience.

Feb 28, 2013, 2:04 PM

Dabo is succeeeding NOW, but he made a LOT of mistakes that cost Clemson a LOT of unecessary upset losses to inferior teams. Seasoned coaches don't make those needless mistakes and that's why I wanted Clemson to hire a great, seasoned coach.

Dabo completely underperformed his player-talent. In fact, prior to the LSU win, Dabo was 0-6 against non-con Top 25 finishers. And Dabo was 3-10 in "upset games". (His teams got upset by far more than he upset other teams.) And Dabo lost to far too many teams with clearly inferior player-talent. (See links below for proof.) Dabo took several, unacceptable embarrassing beat-downs like the record-setting WVU loss, the USF loss, and 4 straight to SCar. Dabo's early "success" was relative to the ACC's decline, not relative to a national measuring stick.

ACC’s conference SOS Sagarin rankings:
2012: 7
2011: 7
2010: 4
2009: 4
2008: 3 TB -> DS transition.
2007: 5
2006: 5
2005: 4
2004: 2
2003: 1
2002: 1
2001: 4

2009: Dabo won the Atlantic with 2 ACC losses. (Bowden had also had a 2-ACC-loss season but wasnt' lucky enough to win the Atlantic.) Dabo caught FSU at home while they were in a coaching transition. Beat a BC team that was nothing like the future-NFLer-laden BC teams that Bowden had been facing. Beat a 2-10 UMD team that was nothing like the good UMD teams that Bowden had been facing. Etc. The ACC wasn't historically weak because the Coastal was pretty strong, but the Atlantic was pretty bad. In the end, Dabo still lost to GT twice and got whupped by SCar.

2010: 6-7 season with several ### losses to inferior teams, a spanking by SCar, and a ### bowl loss to a massively inferior Big East USF.

2011: Won the lowest-Sagarin-ranked ACC in over a decade despite TWO ### ACC losses to GT & NCSU. (Bowden also had a 2-ACC-loss season.) Historically tough teams like UMD & BC were dumpster fires. Beat a VT team that was a small shadow of the VT teams that Bowden faced. Got whupped for a 3rd straight time by SCar. Took a record-setting beat-down from a lowly Big East WVU.

Check out all of Dabo's losses to teams with clearly inferior talent and comparable talent.
2012 pre-game 2-deep comparisons.

Auburn:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/8/30/3275790/clemson-vs-auburn-2012-depth-chart-comparison

FSU:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/9/20/3355392/clemson-florida-state-2012-depth-chart-comparison

BC:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/9/26/3409658/clemson-boston-college-2012-depth-chart-comparison

GT:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/10/4/3451674/georgia-tech-clemson-2012-depth-chart-comparison

VT:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/10/16/3509058/virginia-tech-clemson-2012-depth-chart-comparison

Wake:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/10/24/3545924/clemson-wake-forest-2012-depth-chart-comparison

Duke: Doesn’t exist.

UMD:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/11/7/3611702/maryland-clemson-2012-depth-chart-comparison

SCar:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/11/21/3666906/south-carolina-clemson-2012-depth-chart-comparison

2011 pre0game 2-deep comparisons.

WVU:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/3/13/2866151/2012-clemson-vs-wvu-orange-bowl-depth-chart-analysis

SCar:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/11/22/2579508/2011-clemson-vs-scar-depth-chart-recruited-talent-analysis

NCSU:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/11/15/2562598/2011-clemson-vs-north-carolina-state-depth-chart-recruited-talent

Wake:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/11/8/2545625/2011-clemson-vs-wake-forest-depth-chart-recruited-talent-analysis

GT:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/10/25/2512069/2011-clemson-vs-georgia-tech-depth-chart-recruited-talent-analysis

UNC:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/10/19/2500021/2011-clemson-vs-north-carolina-depth-chart-comparison

UMD:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/10/11/2482340/2011-clemson-vs-maryland-depth-chart-recruited-talent-analysis

BC:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/10/4/2467174/2011-clemson-vs-boston-college-depth-chart-recruited-talent-analysis

VT:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/9/28/2451699/2011-clemson-vs-virginia-tech-depth-chart-recruited-talent-analysis

FSU:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/9/21/2438964/clemson-vs-florida-state-depth-chart-talent-analysis

Auburn:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/9/14/2424178/2011-clemson-vs-auburn-depth-chart-comparison

Troy:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/8/31/2395017/clemson-vs-troy-depth-chart-comparison

2010 pre-game 2-deep comparisons:

South Carolina:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/6/14/2214467/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-south-carolina-2010

GT:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/5/31/2197286/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-georgia-tech-2010

BC:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/5/24/2182690/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-boston-college-2010

FSU:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/5/17/2170690/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-florida-state-2010

Auburn:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/5/10/2135832/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-auburn-2010

USF:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/12/22/1890972/two-deep-talent-recruiting-comparison-clemson-and-usf

Re: How many of those HCs promoted no-experience buddies to OC?

Feb 25, 2013, 9:44 AM [ in reply to How many of those HCs promoted no-experience buddies to OC? ]

While we violently agree that Dabo has made some pretty egregious mistakes, I can't name a single coach who hasn't, and some of them have made them when they had no holds barred on their budget and who their hires could be. Dabo had a very limited budget with which to work early on. I'm sure Dabo wishes he had done some things differently, but as you said, he has learned as he goes, and it seems that he has learned a lot very well, but there will be more mistakes. Same with Nick Saban or fill in the blank on any head coach. Why dwell on a mistake made two years ago when he saw it quickly and fixed it? TB had several that he wouldn't fix, and it cost him his job. Razz, I don't think Dabo can please you, but I hold out hope that you will continue to come around. I hope someday that Dabo can live up to your expectations, but right now, he has us going in a pretty darned good direction, and most are very happy.

Why dwell on it? I was correcting the silly post above!

Feb 28, 2013, 1:30 PM

I didn't bring up the topic. Somebody above made the silly claim that "Napier was a victim of his own success." I just pointed out why that was wrong. From what I can tell, nobody in this thread countered the point that Napier was really a victim of Dabo's newbie mistake, not of Napier's own success. Yet, as ususal, people here are quick to change the subject, defend Dabo, and attack me, rather than provide a logical counterpoint to what I actually wrote.

You wrote that you don't think Dabo can please me, but in my post above I gave him a B/B+. ###? Isn't that good enough? He's clearly not an "A" coach like Saban or Meyers.

When are you going to let the Koenning thing go? Vic

Feb 24, 2013, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Hiring Steele was understandable. Promoting Napier was not. ]

dug his own grave(happily, I might add) when he was openly insubordinate...REAL leaders don't put up with that crap, pity that fact is lost on you...And if Vic was as good as you say he is, why is Co-DC at UNC the best he could do?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got proof VK was openly insubordinate or is it T-Net lore?

Mar 1, 2013, 9:50 PM

It was reported in the newspapers that Koenning asked Dabo if he'd be retained and Dabo said no. That shows that Koenning was willing to work with Dabo but Dabo wasn't willing to work with Koenning.
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20081202/PC16/312029995

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2482&dat=20081206&id=JZNIAAAAIBAJ&sjid=iQkNAAAAIBAJ&pg=1221,1755978

Do you have any proof of your claims of open in subordination?

In any event, as an executive who has been promoted over peers (who felt jilted) I've had to smooth things over, massage their egos, and try to retain them (because they're good). That's what a good manager does for the good of he company (or team in this case). You think that a good manager should fire good employees who get passed over and understandably feel jilted? Wow! Management 101. Maturity 101.

This is a cut & paste from something I posted before but Vic Koenning is considered one of the best DCs in the country and he has had immediate, positive impact at EVERY SCHOOL where he went as DC-- mostly with far weaker (2 & 3 star laden) rosters.

Clemson:
Lovett 2004: Total D: #26. Scoring D: #29
Koenning 2005: Total D: #20. Scoring D: #11.
Koenning 2006: Total D: #13. Scoring D: #16.
Koenning 2007: Total D: #9.. Scoring D: #10.
Koenning 2008: Total D: #18. Scoring D: #13.

Kansas State:
2008 pre-Koenning: Total D: #86. Scoring D: #117.
2009 Koenning: Total D: #39. Scoring D: #46.
2010 post-Koenning: Total D: #82. Scoring D: #66.

Illinois:
2009 pre-Koenning: Total D: #91. Scoring D: #96.
2010 Koenning: Total D: #38. Scoring D: #67

UNC:
2011 pre-Koenning: Total D: #49. Scoring D: #56.
2012 Koenning: Total D: #20. Scoring D: #26.

So he hasn't been here in 5 years and you are still talking

Mar 1, 2013, 9:52 PM

about him?

Just let it go man.

Only in response to the silly post above.***

Mar 3, 2013, 1:10 PM

Feb 22, 2013, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Napier was kind of a victim of his own success at Clemson ]

If memory serves me correctly, we had almost nobody who could catch the ball the season he was fired. Kind of makes it hard to run an offense when you're one-dimensional.
Obviously there where other issues as well but even The Chad would have struggled with the available talent Napier had.

Chad would have struggled w/NFLers Allen, Harper, AE, et al?

Feb 23, 2013, 12:08 PM

I don't think Morris would have struggled to a 6-7 season with a group of future-NFLers like Dwayne Allen, Jamie Harper, Andre Ellington, Tajh Boyd-- not to mention a seasoned OL and guys like Jaron Brown & Brandon Ford-- who suddenly developed into dependable receivers the year that Morris arrived.

2010 roster:
http://clemson.scout.com/a.z?s=46&p=8&c=2&nid=651&yr=2010

Clemson out-talented almost every team on the schedule and was out-talented probably only be FSU-- though Auburn & SCar were comparably talented (and resulted in losses). Proof of that here...

GT:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/5/31/2197286/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-georgia-tech-2010

BC:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/5/24/2182690/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-boston-college-2010

USF:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2010/12/22/1890972/two-deep-talent-recruiting-comparison-clemson-and-usf

Auburn:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/5/10/2135832/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-auburn-2010

SCar:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/6/14/2214467/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-south-carolina-2010

FSU:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2011/5/17/2170690/two-deep-recruiting-comparison-clemson-vs-florida-state-2010

Re: Chad would have struggled w/NFLers Allen, Harper, AE, et al?

Feb 24, 2013, 1:31 PM

Haha those guys were all freshman and sophomores so of course they contributed more as juniors and seniors

Yup. Guy is a numbskull.***

Feb 24, 2013, 1:33 PM

So frosh & sophs can't be utilized, like Watkins, CJ, et al?***

Feb 28, 2013, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad would have struggled w/NFLers Allen, Harper, AE, et al? ]

Who on the team in 2010 would you compare to Watkins and CJ?

Mar 1, 2013, 9:21 PM

Dumb post.

So Morris wouldn't have done better w/ those future NFLers?

Mar 3, 2013, 1:16 PM

That's funny. I guess you think Chad Morris would have struggled toa 6-7 season when Napier did. Reality check.

Are you saying we out-talented the 2010 national champions?

Mar 1, 2013, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Chad would have struggled w/NFLers Allen, Harper, AE, et al? ]

Also, in 2010 I don't think Tajh was the starting QB so I don't see your point there.

well then he should fit right in with the offense the

Feb 25, 2013, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Napier was kind of a victim of his own success at Clemson ]

average $EC has to offer

Re: Football Update: Billy Napier to leave FSU for Alabama

Feb 22, 2013, 12:06 PM

Haha. FSU needed him to come in for a month, lock down a couple recruits, then bounce.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

*boing*boing*boing*boing*boing*boing****

Feb 22, 2013, 12:06 PM

Feb 22, 2013, 12:29 PM

This is Saban trying to lock down more good recruiters for his staff in prepartion of the rule change. He's just adding to his empire. Man I hate saban

Feb 22, 2013, 5:53 PM

It's Saban's way of trying to figure Clemson out before they end up playing next January. I'd say he's really worried about us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Daniel sir, you nailed it.***

Feb 22, 2013, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Billy Napier to leave FSU for Alabama ]

And a big ol CONGRATS and a hearty GOOD LUCK to Billy

Feb 22, 2013, 7:57 PM

I've hated things didn't work out for him here. Maybe he can be a part of the TIGERS again some day.

He is a tremendous recruiter, one of the best we ever had.***

Feb 23, 2013, 8:25 AM

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic