Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Hood: Fatigue makes cowards of us all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Hood: Fatigue makes cowards of us all

Feb 22, 2013, 11:04 AM

Hood: Fatigue makes cowards of us all

The teams that might have the best shot at beating Alabama next season are the ones that run the hurry-up, no-huddle offenses, like Clemson and Texas A&M. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Hood: Fatigue makes cowards of us all

Feb 22, 2013, 11:06 AM

HAHAHHAHA. that was a spit my drink ROTFL. Clicking this link title on the board and then opening up to see that picture. Funniest thing all day. Haven't even read the article yet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

if you can't run with the big cat stay out of the jungle!***

Feb 22, 2013, 11:12 AM

I agree but don't like the word "coward" - conditioning and

Feb 22, 2013, 11:13 AM

nutrition were big factors also! Remember the games before the bowl where Tiger players looked much fitter than LSU players. Much less body fat and then the news about LSU eating much more steak at steakeating contest! I would like to congratulate our fitness staff and especially the nutritionist! LEANER AND MEANER - GO TIGERS FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree but don't like the word "coward" - conditioning and

Feb 22, 2013, 11:44 AM

I also do not agree with the way the word coward is being used in that one game. I also have watched that one game at least 10 times. To anyone that agree's they saw any cowards on that field that night wasn't watching that game. IMO I didn't see not one coward on that field that night. Every time I have watched that game, I saw two well talented/coached teams fighting each other with everything they had to give That Night. There were no cowards playing. But there was one of the teams that were in better condition. That team was the fighting Tigers from Clemson University. I applaud the work that our team and coaches put forth to win that game that night. No cowards played in the Chic-fil-a Bowl on December 31, 2012. I did see Tajh Boyd prove to the SEC world that he was a real man amongst men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Saw no cowards on either team that night - one team in bett

Feb 22, 2013, 11:47 AM

ter condition!" ALL IN! Thanks!

Re: I agree but don't like the word "coward" - conditioning and

Feb 22, 2013, 11:59 AM [ in reply to I agree but don't like the word "coward" - conditioning and ]

Don't forget, David Hood was not calling them cowards, he was quoting Vince L.
Also you say superior strength and conditioning? I thought we had the worst s&c program in college football. Guess that group of haters are wrong too.

The difference....

Feb 22, 2013, 11:16 AM

...between aTm and Clemson is that aTm had a dominant OL led by two future NFL staters at OT. Clemson has neither of those. It's my opinion the Clemson will continue to struggle with SEC teams until they recruit better on the OL.

Yep we sure struggled against Auburn and LSU

Feb 22, 2013, 11:19 AM

go away coot troll. You're incredibly lucky that the Chad's game plan against the coots was one of his worst since he's been here. Had he called the game like he did LSU, FSU, or Auburn it's have been a much, much different outcome.

How did your vaunted SEC OL do against LSU?

Feb 22, 2013, 11:33 AM [ in reply to The difference.... ]

Oh, wait, you lost...

Did you not read the article? You don't necessarily need world-beaters on the OL for this kind of offense. Our scheme makes things a lot easier on the OL because of how many people touch the ball.

That was a low blow asking a Coot if he read anything.

Feb 22, 2013, 1:44 PM

To Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should have at least a superficial roster knowledge

Feb 22, 2013, 11:39 AM [ in reply to The difference.... ]

before you make such a claim. It may have prevented you from seeming so ignorant of the facts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The difference....

Feb 22, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to The difference.... ]

Smart sec fans say that you're stupid, or that you repeat what you have heard other bias/stupid sec fans say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CHICKENS !!!

Feb 22, 2013, 1:13 PM [ in reply to The difference.... ]

cluck...cluck...cluck...peck...peck...peck... excrete poop

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL at that picture

Feb 22, 2013, 11:17 AM

never gets old, with dalton walkin away like a gangsta

What a difference a year makes ...

Feb 22, 2013, 11:23 AM

... after the Orange Bowl, who among us would have predicted that a year later our opponent would be the one giving out of gas and basically quitting?

I don't know what the difference was ... but it was profound!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a difference a year makes ... the differences -

Feb 22, 2013, 11:51 AM

Coaching, motivating, game plan, and fitness and conditioning and nutrition plus players willing to gut it out!

Those would all be crucial differences, except

Feb 22, 2013, 1:11 PM

not much changed on those fronts from one season to the next.

Mostly the same coaches, mostly the same players, mostly same S&C, pretty much the same nutrition.

Why were these players more "willing to gut it out"?

IMHO, Senior leadership seems to be perhaps the most important variable ...

Re: What a difference a year makes ...

Feb 22, 2013, 7:27 PM [ in reply to What a difference a year makes ... ]

Profound! Remarkable fits in there also.

That'll beat Bama but not South Carolina.

Feb 22, 2013, 11:38 AM

Of course it doesn't help when you completely abandon the run game, which was working, and completely trash your game plan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That'll beat Bama and how did your coots do against LSU

Feb 22, 2013, 11:53 AM

Oh yea and how did your coots do against Lsu

He's no coot, it's a justifiable statement. We shouldn't

Feb 22, 2013, 1:21 PM

have lost the Coot game.

If we could have run 100 plays against SCAR, they'd have

Feb 22, 2013, 1:35 PM

been dropping like flies too.

In fact, no matter who we run 100 plays against, we are going to win.

In order for our offense to run 100 plays, our defense has to play well and our offense has to sustain possessions.

None of that happened against SCAR.

Re: He's no coot, it's a justifiable statement. We shouldn't

Feb 22, 2013, 7:34 PM [ in reply to He's no coot, it's a justifiable statement. We shouldn't ]

Pressure to win that game is what lost that game.

Yeah, I'm a coot alright. You caught me.***

Feb 22, 2013, 5:40 PM [ in reply to That'll beat Bama and how did your coots do against LSU ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: That'll beat Bama and how did your coots do against LSU

Feb 22, 2013, 7:31 PM [ in reply to That'll beat Bama and how did your coots do against LSU ]

One of their daddy's would be LSU, so I would say they/coots took another beating from their daddy. LSU equals a Lost for them again as usual!!!

Feb 22, 2013, 11:41 AM

Sorry - but absolutely abhor articles like this. Even though it's well-written with lots of ORANGE ink, it's pretty lame IMO. No offense towards the author as it was a work of art for sure.

But LSU could have easily WON that game if their OC had simply run 3 plays at the end instead of passing the ball and using no clock - thus saving all of our timeouts. So to act cocky about that game, even though it was our best victory in ages, is lame.

Also, UNTIL WE BEAT THE DAYUM CHICKENS - IT DON'T MEAN CHIT!!!

Which brings me to this question. Do we have any intentions of actually beating USUC in our lifetime??????

Running three straight times would have been stupid

We stacked the box on the first down play thus a throw was the right decision and got them 7-8 yards. They had a man wide open on the 2nd down play so obviously it was well designed, the QB just missed the throw. The third down play was a run blitz from Venables had they run it it wouldn't have worked. They could have eaten up clock yes but we moved down the field so quickly that it still wouldn't have mattered.

Didn't you see LSU's coach reaction to "not running"?

Feb 22, 2013, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Hood: Fatigue makes cowards of us all ]

Clemson "was stacking up against the line of scrimmage preventing the run". And by the way LSU beat your coots!

Unless you are 4 Streaking Tiger

Feb 22, 2013, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Hood: Fatigue makes cowards of us all ]

We have beat the Coots!

actually that would be 3.

Feb 22, 2013, 2:17 PM

I don't want to talk smack because they have been the better team the last 4 years. It is funny they win four in a row for the first time since the late 40's and early 50's and back to back for the third time in almost 50 years when in the same time frame we won 15 back to back and just prior to their current streak we won 10 out of 12. They think they own us I hate to tell them they have a long way to go to pay off their debt much less own anything. Enjoy your run coots cause it ends soon and the blip in the course of the entire rivalry will be over and it will be back to business as usual.

They averaged less than 2 yards a carry on 24 of their 25

Feb 22, 2013, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Hood: Fatigue makes cowards of us all ]

rushes...They would have faced 4 and 4 at best if they tried to run it 3 straight times...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did your vaunted SEC OL do against LSU?

Feb 22, 2013, 11:43 AM

My point is that aTm was so successful in the SEC (3rd in the West) because they had a great OL with an offense similar to Clemson's. Without those great OTs they would've floundered.

I suppose the same goes for UF and Auburn on their runs?***

Clemson

Re: How did your vaunted SEC OL do against LSU?

Feb 22, 2013, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: How did your vaunted SEC OL do against LSU? ]

Again you are repeating what you have heard, or you are just that stupid. You being a coot fan, I'm going with you're just an ordinary stupid coot.

Who was 2nd in the SEC west? Oh thats right

Feb 22, 2013, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: How did your vaunted SEC OL do against LSU? ]

LSU the team that wore your rear ends out and we wore theirs out. If we don't gift wrap 10 points that game isn't close.

Re: Didn't you see LSU's coach reaction to "not running"?

Feb 22, 2013, 12:02 PM

Yes, they did......at night, at home, by 2 points. What does that have to do with anything? Oh, so you're saying that Clemson beat LSU and LSU beat South Carolina so Clemson > South Carolina. If only Clemson and South Carolina could've played last year to determine who was better.......oh.....wait.

Re: Didn't you see LSU's coach reaction to "not running"?

Feb 22, 2013, 12:51 PM

Ponti,continue your delusional thoughts about the Gamechickens being better than Clemson. We don't mind. Take a look at the entire record and you will see who is the "real college football team" in South Carolina, and most of the games were played in your stadium. Perhaps you remember "Big Thursday" of some years back. You have had some success over the last few years as we were rebuilding our program. We look forward to the game this year!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EXCELLENT ARTICLE MR. HOOD

Feb 22, 2013, 12:49 PM

Outstanding!

Hood makes a great point, there is no one that is going to

Feb 22, 2013, 1:11 PM

beat Alabama at Alabama's game. They have the best players recruited every year for that style. Those that don't cut it are kicked off the team and replaced with oversigned players. The way to even the playing field is to run up tempo to wear down their studs. Why do you think Saban hates the up tempo and thinks rules need to be in place to slow it down? He knows it is the only style that has any chance to stop his machine.

LSU did a poor job managing the game by letting guys get that worn down. They had injuries, but they recruit in the sec so their two deep should be able to give them quality time on the field. The problem was their offense is so abhorrent even by sec standards. The only reason scu beat us this year was they hung onto the ball without actually scoring.

You don't beat teams like Alabama and LSU with Offense

Feb 22, 2013, 1:24 PM

you beat them with defense. I don't care how high flying your offense is if the defense can't get off the field. TAMU was able to get bama into 3 and outs pretty much all the first qtr when they built their lead. IIRC they were up 21-0 at the end of the 1st. When Bama went to the slow plodding offense, they kept TAMU off the field and got it back to a 1 score game.

The defense beat LSU in the CFA Bowl. We dared them to throw it and they couldn't.

Yes you do, that is the ONLY way you beat them

Feb 22, 2013, 1:29 PM

We would not win if we tried to run an LSU/Alabama type of offense. You have to keep their defense guessing or wear them out to score. I agree that you may have to get some stops, but that goes both ways. If neither team gets a stop, they score on every possession.

Feb 22, 2013, 2:23 PM

If the clock stops because someone is hurt and has to be helped off the field, that person should have to sit out the rest of the possession imo.

Feb 22, 2013, 2:31 PM

The NCAA rules committee should take a look and establish what is truly an injury and exhaustion. They could institute an 'injury' clock like in Wrestling, but it is designated for non-serious injuries (cramps). Once the clock is maxed, it is either time outs removed. If TO are exhausted, then it becomes a 15 yrd unsportsmanlike penalty.

Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, Where the Tigers play...

FANTASTIC article MR. HOOD!! Thanks too for your insight.

Feb 22, 2013, 7:42 PM

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must be in kindergarten

Feb 23, 2013, 9:56 AM

Or a coot.... Cause we have beaten them most of the time during my life.

LSU could have lost by 15 too. We spotted them two touchdowns..... But a coot posing as a tiger always forgets facts......cooter logic

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic